Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completion of PUG IT Excel Track in One Term - Capstone Duration Inquiry
(09-25-2023, 05:44 PM)walruspanda Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 01:30 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I didn't say you took the Capstone alone. Capstone in ExcelTrack BS Analytics had to be the last course and you couldn't take any other courses with it.

Right, that's what I was trying to say (perhaps slightly awkwardly) in my post -- by alone, I meant at the same time as no other courses, not alone with no other people.

I'm completely with your husband that the Capstone is slooow going when you're used to knocking off a course every week or two in Exceltrack. And the weekly discussion posts and Zoom calls are for the birds. Based on this course, I'm sure my opinion of PUG would be much different if I were stuck on the traditional track. At least only five weeks to go!

Does anyone show up in your Zoom calls? My husband was the only one to show up in his class most weeks. There were 4 other students and he had no idea if they actually existed. They didn't participate in the discussions either so the professor would respond to my husband and they would discuss back and forth so he got the credit he needed for the work. It was pretty ridiculous. Then there were weekly assignments. Half of the term was a project and the second half was a paper. The professor fought the administration on the number of papers because it was the Analytics degree and he felt that projects would be better suited due to the type of work in the field. Writing papers on analytics was not fun for my husband. It was awkward to write about something you created a program to run a report on. It was kind of funny that the professor hated the papers too. 

The other weird thing in the ExcelTrack in Analytics was that the Capstone was only 5 credits so you didn't qualify for financial aid. All of hte other Capstones were 6 credits so financial aid wasn't an issue.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu, walruspanda
(09-26-2023, 10:51 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Does anyone show up in your Zoom calls? My husband was the only one to show up in his class most weeks. There were 4 other students and he had no idea if they actually existed.

My class has 20-odd students, and while I don't know exactly how many attend every week, I'd guess it's at least 75 percent by the number of different names I see in the chat. It's a pretty active class, which is nice -- I'd hate to have my capstone in a class of four where I was the only one doing anything.
Purdue University Global
in-progress: EdD in Leadership and Innovation (IT cognate), expected December 2025
completed: MS in Information Technology, March 2024

completed: BS in Information Technology (IT Management concentration), October 2023
[-] The following 2 users Like walruspanda's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need advice regarding the application, duration and scholarships arnoldparrish 1 200 05-13-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue Global BS IT - End of first term ClockworkHammer 42 7,158 08-30-2022, 12:12 PM
Last Post: ClockworkHammer
Information New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business jch 66 9,768 06-30-2022, 02:32 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  SUU 'Speedway" Bachelor of General Studies Completion Program Petey43 5 2,205 03-26-2022, 02:26 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Question Purdue Global BSIT internship instead of capstone? speedrunner 19 2,936 10-20-2021, 06:00 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - IT - Excel Track cyberjosh95 14 4,521 11-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  COSC, TESU, Excelsior Business Capstone Comparison Acam10 0 1,064 05-12-2020, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Acam10
  UL Capstone credits - quick newbie question trueblue 2 1,060 05-24-2019, 01:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore