Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Confessions of a Clepaholic: A Slippery Slope Story
Wow this is funny! Thanks for the warning but I am going to want to take exams as fast as I can! Whoops! (I think I'm slipping and I haven't taken my first exam yet! It's tomorrow.)
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
Wow. This is more than humorous. I'm glad someone stumbled across it again or I may have never seen it.

Excellent work, Snazzlefrag!

I'm afraid I've already taken the first (five) tests, however, and must deal with the consequences. Big Grin
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
I thought you were a CLEPTomaniac!
EC - BSLS Finally done!
Went from 86 to 120 credits in six weeks thanks to IC and the forum.
Currently doing MBA pre-reqs.
Now BSLS + 9 credits
malcs Wrote:CLEPoholic or CLEPtomainiac
Or both... Rolleyes
WOW, now I understand why I just have to take another test instead of a class. What a wonderful sense of humor. But really, I laughed till I cried, but inside I really feel like I just want to continue testing instead of doing classes. It is addictive.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
That was the greatest! Snazz wrote it a few months before I first found the group, and I hadn't seen it before. It's timely for me now, as I took my last CLEP in April 2009. I'm taking an ECE 15-week course now, and it's *different*. <sniff>

In the fall, I have some DSSTs to take. Maybe they will fill my CLEP void, if only a little.
Kelly
BS, History - Excelsior College - 2011
This is most definitely a classic post! I understand exactly how he felt when he wrote that. Too bad nobody around me understands the jubilation of passing a clep that I studied so hard for.

Heck, most of the time when I try to explain what a clep is to someone, their eyes just sorta glaze over.

We are trailblazers!
CLEP's Taken:
[SIZE="1"]A & I Lit-6CH (62), American Gov't (63), Introductory Business Law (64), History of the United States I (66), Introductory Psychology (61), Introductory Sociology (73), American Literature (63), Macroeconomics (58)[/SIZE]

DSST's Taken:
[SIZE="1"]Intro to World Religion (464), Astronomy (70)[/SIZE]

Up Next:
[SIZE="1"] Taking a break![/SIZE]
I loved it! I also laughed until I cried!!!! I am guilty of all of the above mentioned behaviors..... There are clep study materials in almost every part of my house...and both cars, and my office at work (I think I might have left some flash cards at my mom's house and I know one of my video tapes is at my sister's house)....
Smile Cleps:
Introduction Business Law 65
Principles of Management 70
Principles of Marketing 71
A&I Literature 68
American Lit 59
Educational Psychology 68
Social sciences & history 65
Western Civilization I 64

What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
nick94 Wrote:Wow this is funny! Thanks for the warning but I am going to want to take exams as fast as I can! Whoops! (I think I'm slipping and I haven't taken my first exam yet! It's tomorrow.)
Yep I slipped! I took my exam today, came home, and took a practice test for A&I. Its Addicting!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
oh my gosh I'M NOT THE ONLY ONEEE!

Well done, loved reading this, and oh so true Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
[Shakespeare]

I'm shooting for a BA in Communications through TESC. Sitting at 81 credits, I hope to be finished by summer 2011. Please message me for input or questions :] I'm open to help- both giving and receiving!
Exams: College Mathematics - A&I Lit - English Comp w/ Essay - U.S. History I - Macroeconomics - Microeconomics - Sociology - Intro to Computing - Technical Writing - Psychology - Educational Psychology - English Literature - Principles of Management - Principles of Marketing - Natural Sciences - Principles of Supervision - Personal Finance - Substance Abuse - Human Growth & Development - Public Speaking
On Board: American Gov - U.S. History II - American Lit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 663 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Please share your Associate to Bachelor success story carasusu 9 1,743 02-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  Success story with Instantcert.com ktaylor1956 5 1,397 09-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Done and Done!! Success story time!! seanmathews 14 1,820 03-30-2014, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Kajkulahi
  Do you want a story written about you?! Ohrenberg 0 407 07-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Ohrenberg
  Extension School Alum? Your Story? grauwulf 0 653 10-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Last Post: grauwulf
  NBC Nightly News story about online ed andy3000 5 1,297 07-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Last Post: bkbarden
  Interesting news story! alleycat 3 1,118 05-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Tasman
  Another IC success story SEAHAG 12 2,193 07-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Last Post: OnMyWay
  Success story and Observation bmills072200 4 1,370 03-16-2008, 12:50 PM