Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help
I wouldn't consider Sophia to be "higher" algebra at all. I recognize that it's not going to be easy for some people who have math difficulties but it's going to be way easier than pretty much any other Algebra course that you could take anywhere else. You'll need to take other Sophia courses anyway, no matter where you choose to go, so you might as well give Sophia a shot.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ss20ts
I also would suggest going the Sophia.org option as it's all open book. Just take as much time as you can with these courses to learn the material. Your courses previously taken can be used towards the 90 credits and the final 30 credits need to be taken at UMPI, practically most of them will be upper level. There is one thing you need to know, if you can go through Sophia.org courses with relative ease/speed, then UMPI would be my recommendation. If it takes you time to complete these courses, it may be a better idea to go with COSC, as you just need to pay for two courses - the cornerstone/capstone. The rest can be transferred in...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-24-2021, 11:48 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I wouldn't consider Sophia to be "higher" algebra at all. I recognize that it's not going to be easy for some people who have math difficulties but it's going to be way easier than pretty much any other Algebra course that you could take anywhere else. You'll need to take other Sophia courses anyway, no matter where you choose to go, so you might as well give Sophia a shot.

I took College Algebra at a community college several years ago and it was MUCH harder. We had homework assignments every class - 3 days a week. It took hours to complete the homework. You couldn't watch a video over and over watching the instructor step by step complete the problem either like you can on Sophia. By the end of College Algebra on Sophia, I wanted Anthony to be my instructor for every math class. I liked his methodology a lot. I'm NOT a math person at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
I will try Sophia's College Algebra. So, if my calculations are correct and 90 of my units can transfer, I just need 10 of 3 unit classes that are specific to get my degree. I will look into COSC courses and see if they have equivalents. As well as the spreadsheet on UMPI.

Thank you, everyone, who replied to my questions. I was thinking a bachelor's would be out of my reach as the cost is prohibitive and the time needed was not something I could do. I was going to slowly work towards another two sets of AA at the local community college. I figured I needed 4 more classes for the next two sets. Since the work will only allow me one semester one class, I figured 4 years was fine. But this group had actually given me hope. Thank you again!

Quick question. How much more for TESU as opposed to UMPI or COSC? Which courses are UL classes?

Quick question. How much more for TESU as opposed to UMPI or COSC? Which courses are UL classes?
(07-24-2021, 09:41 PM)Rhorho Wrote:

According to rachel83az,
TESU
Application: $50.
Medical Terminology TECEP (to become enrolled immediately, gain unlimited evaluations): $50 - not needed if you're going to immediately enroll in the cornerstone
6 credits (Cornerstone SOS110 and Capstone): $3114
Residency waiver: $3192
Graduation fee: $298
or you pay the flat-rate tuition at TESU for $4639 if you take 16 credits at TESU in one term and avoid the residency waiver.

UMPI cost 1400$ a term and you can take as many classes as you please but you can only have 2 actives at a time.

I attached a plan that I found on this forum (thanks to bjcheung77) that includes UL classes and where to get them from for TESU BABA and BLS and YourPace UMPI Business UL classes. You can always refer to the degreeforum wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki

Attached Files
.pdf   New 2021 TESU BALS & BSBA - BALS & BSBA.pdf (Size: 69.57 KB / Downloads: 10)
.pdf   Business and GEC Competency Details by Session.pdf (Size: 583.63 KB / Downloads: 8)
Sophia.org: 74 LL credits
TEEX: 13 credits (3 UL + 10LL) 
ACTFL: 24 credits (12 LL + 12 UL) 
Community College: 81 LL credits (2 AAs)
WGU: 9 UL credits
UMPI: 42 credits (30 UL + 12 LL)
Study.com 12 credits (6 UL + 6LL)
UMPI BLS, minor in Management. Magna Cum Claude. (May '22)
Wow! Still cheaper than $30,000. I can pay off $7K before I retire. $30k would be lifelong...
Thank you again for the information.
For some suggestions on classes that you could take in one term to avoid the residency waiver, check out this page: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...University I hope to be able to add to the list as more people take TESU courses and report back with which ones are the easiest.

bjcheung77's plans are good but there is more than just General Management available if you think that it would make sense for you to do a different Area of Study. More plans/suggestions can be found here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210