Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confirmation SDC transfers TESU Intro to Programming
I can confirm study.com intro to programming transfers to TESU as COS-111 and satisfies the intro to programming requirement!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 2 users Like armstrongsubero's post:
  • akr680, udi
(05-30-2019, 06:45 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: I can confirm study.com intro to programming transfers to TESU as COS-111 and satisfies the intro to programming requirement!

Thanks for the update. May I know the cost of Capstone?

Did you transfer any IT certifications for electives?
------------------

It was 1098 when I paid, now its 1140 I think.

No I didnt transfer any certs
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • akr680
(05-30-2019, 06:45 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: I can confirm study.com intro to programming transfers to TESU as COS-111 and satisfies the intro to programming requirement!

I am going to email TESU so I have it on record, but just to confirm, you are saying that the "intro to programming" will fulfill the "Programming" requirement in the Area of Study for CS or CIS? I have a programming requirement in my AOS for the BSBA-CIS. 

I was just about to take C Programming with SDC which would transfer to TESU as COS-116. I will take this instead.  

Thanks.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
For the CS.

You can do the C programming course if you want. I did it and it was fine as well, C also has assignments which you may or may not prefer.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • AwardTour
(05-30-2019, 07:39 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: For the CS.

You can do the C programming course if you want. I did it and it was fine as well, C also has assignments which you may or may not prefer.

I see, for the CS AOS it is called "Intro to Programming" and for the BSBA-CIS it is simply called "Programming". I will check with TESU to see if it fulfills the AOS requirement or not.

Thanks again for updating everyone here.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(05-30-2019, 07:54 PM)AwardTour Wrote:

I see, for the CS AOS it is called "Intro to Programming" and for the BSBA-CIS it is simply called "Programming". I will check with TESU to see if it fulfills the AOS requirement or not.

For the BSBA-CIS the degree requirements specifically say that you need a programming language course... any programming language will work for this. I had several, so I ended up using C Programming (from SDC) to meet the programming language requirement in my AOS and C++ Programming (from SL) to meet the natural science requirement in my Gen Ed section.

For the BACS TESU specifically requires an "Intro to Programming" course. They will not accept any programming languages courses for that requirement.

The SDC Intro to Programming course will probably be accepted as part of the BSBA-CIS AOS, but my guess is that it will probably end up as an AOS elective since it isn't specifically a programming language course, but who knows.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(05-30-2019, 09:57 PM)Merlin Wrote:

For the BSBA-CIS the degree requirements specifically say that you need a programming language course... any programming language will work for this. I had several, so I ended up using C Programming (from SDC) to meet the programming language requirement in my AOS and C++ Programming (from SL) to meet the natural science requirement in my Gen Ed section.

For the BACS TESU specifically requires an "Intro to Programming" course. They will not accept any programming languages courses for that requirement.

The SDC Intro to Programming course will probably be accepted as part of the BSBA-CIS AOS, but my guess is that it will probably end up as an AOS elective since it isn't specifically a programming language course, but who knows.

I would take Intro to Programming for the CS, and a different programming course (C, C++, or Python) for the BSBA/CIS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Study.com's "Intro to Programming" is really focused on core JAVA 
https://study.com/academy/course/compute...nformation

Because of the focus on core JAVA with this course I feel that TESU might accept it to fulfill the BSBA-CIS AOS. This course should probably be named "Intro to JAVA". It does not really look like other "Intro to Programming" courses that I have glanced at. Other courses seem to provide a high level overview of multiple programming languages along with comparisons between structured/procedural languages and object oriented programming. There also might briefly be a quick discussion on the SDLC and version controlling. This skips all of that and gets right into JAVA.

I think I have a shot at TESU saying "YES". Either way I will share their response here in this thread when I get it.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(05-30-2019, 11:15 PM)AwardTour Wrote:

Study.com's "Intro to Programming" is really focused on core JAVA 
https://study.com/academy/course/compute...nformation

Because of the focus on core JAVA with this course I feel that TESU might accept it to fulfill the BSBA-CIS AOS. This course should probably be named "Intro to JAVA". It does not really look like other "Intro to Programming" courses that I have glanced at. Other courses seem to provide a high level overview of multiple programming languages along with comparisons between structured/procedural languages and object oriented programming. There also might briefly be a quick discussion on the SDLC and version controlling. This skips all of that and gets right into JAVA.

I think I have a shot at TESU saying "YES". Either way I will share their response here in this thread when I get it.

From what I've seen, whether TESU counts a course for a requirement has more to do with what it transfers as than the content itself. They've made it clear that Programming Language courses don't count for Intro to Programming, so I doubt they'll let Intro to Programming (which we know is what this course transfers as) count for a Programming Language. I hope it works for you though!
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 282 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,386 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia - Intro to Chemistry Lab now Available! ashkir 1 606 04-03-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Scripting and Programming - Foundations and IT Leadership Foundations Sophia or SDC? Omece 3 1,101 02-10-2023, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Omece
  Sophia Intro to Chemistry Lab course difficulty level EducationSeeker 6 1,207 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 858 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  Study.com question - Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab Mr T 6 1,474 12-31-2022, 05:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 702 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI