Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith and 500 level courses
Does anyone know where these courses can fit into a graduate-level program if any?

Here is an example of courses I see. Do we have a way to transfer these into a graduate degree program? TESU maybe because I have not seen anything for sure.

• Accounting Information Systems (ACC-500)

• Accounting Research and Communication (ACC-575)

• Applied Managerial Statistics (MAT-500)

• Business Environment & Concepts (BUS-550)

• Business Ethics and Policy (BUS-575)

• Business Plan Development (BUS-500)

• Human Capital Management (MGT-500)

• IFRS and Government Entities (ACC-520)
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Maybe Amberton’s MA in Professional Development or the MS in Human Relations and Business?
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Possibly Purdue Global.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(08-20-2023, 08:53 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Maybe Amberton’s MA in Professional Development or the MS in Human Relations and Business?

No good for Amberton; they will only take (3 credit) RA graduate courses.

TESU would, but their master degree programs are so expensive - and I'm not sure what TESU degree they'd work in.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

AGM University and Excelsior are listed as partners by Coopersmith, and each has several online master's and generally grad transfer friendly policies.
I recently asked Excelsior's graduate admissions department about Coopersmith credits.

Quote:I'm interested in starting a graduate business program soon.  -My goal is to first earn a graduate certificate in Leadership (which will qualify me for a promotion), and then build on it to earn an MS in Management.

Excelsior is near the top of my interest list because of the flexibility it affords earning some (self-paced) graduate credits through its partnership with Coopersmith CC....  Could someone please verify that this would be a workable academic plan for a management masters candidate (first earning a Leadership graduate certificate) utilizing a combination of Excelsior credits and Coopersmith credits?

An Interdisciplinary Approach to Ethical Leadership - Coopersmith Business Ethics and Policy (BUS-575)
Strategic Talent Management in a Complex World - Coopersmith Human Capital Management (MGT-500)
Leading High-Performing Teams
Data Driven Decision Making (Elective) - Coopersmith Applied Managerial Statistics (MAT-500)
*GRADUATE CERTIFICATE EARNED*
Business Communication
Global Business Environments - Coopersmith Business Environment & Concepts (BUS-550)
Organizational Behavior
Project Management Principles and Application
Strategic Management (Master’s in Management Capstone)
Additional Elective: Coopersmith Business Plan Development (BUS-500)

The response (paraphrased) was that Coopersmith credits could NOT be applied toward a graduate certificate program.  They may be toward a masters, but depend on approval from an academic advisor.  (Additionally, "An Interdisciplinary Approach to Ethical Leadership" must be taken through Excelsior and cannot be substituted.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes cokididwa's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
These reminds me of LawShelf graduate level courses, only a few NCCRS providers have graduate credit, I think only a handful will accept these, it's similar to ACE graduate credit. You should complete the UL ASU Freebie for graduate credit as well in addition to any ACE/NCCRS, but before you do, see what program interests you and these credits can be used towards that credential...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
TESU has a MA in Liberal Studies which allows for 12cr of transfer including ACE/NCCRS - but none of these courses is considered a Liberal Arts course except Stats, so they wouldn't work.

Their MS in Accounting allows for 6cr of transfer out of 30cr, so you could get the degree for $16,548. The MS in Management (with a concentration in Accounting or General Management) allows for 12cr of transfer but is 36cr, so would be the same price. For both - not cheap enough - the juice isn't worth the squeeze I don't think.

With so many cheap options out there (HAU MBA for $3k, WGU master's programs), this just isn't worth it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
For TESU it might not be that useful, but there may be other options, a bit more research into institutions that allow 50% transfer would be a good option... I don't have a list of institutions created, maybe I might want to start one later to take advantage of the cheapo ACE/NCCRS credits along with the freebie ASU grad credits...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Liberty University is a possibility, but they're very picky on what they'll accept as graduate transfer credit, even when it comes to RA credits. Someone reported that Liberty won't accept LawShelf, but it could be because Liberty's law school is ABA-accredited.

Here's my thread on the graduate schools that accept the most transfer credits. Most probably offer business and education programs since those are among the most popular online degrees. You just have to see who will accept NCCRS.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...er-credits

Here's the full list of Coopersmith graduate courses.

Accounting Information Systems
Business Environment & Concepts
Business Plan Development
Foundations of Education
Literacy Instruction
Accounting Research and Communication
Applied Managerial Statistics
Business Ethics and Policy
Fraud and Forensic Accounting
Human Capital Management
IFRS and Government Entities
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WES US evaluation SQA Level 11 doyouhowdo1 2 215 03-29-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: doyouhowdo1
  Spanish Titulo Propio & UK Level 7/8 Qualification Framework bjcheung77 21 6,618 03-18-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Legit UK Level 7 and Level 8 Diplomas armstrongsubero 3 444 03-12-2024, 10:21 AM
  UK Level 7/8 Diploma Questions bennyoftheD 22 2,800 03-10-2024, 02:20 AM
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 907 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 494 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,862 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Using Pell Grant for Graduate Courses while Undergrad SophiaPrincess 2 496 10-19-2023, 02:57 PM
  Masters-level CBE programs EverSpinning 5 1,511 10-11-2023, 08:21 PM
Lightbulb Idaho State University Courses Learningnow 9 1,239 08-22-2023, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Courcelles