Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cornerstone waiver
I was reading recently that TESU has abolished the waiver for study.com affiliates to do the cornerstone course.  My buddy is registered with TESU for several months but hasn't bothered forwarding his transcript yet.  Does that means hes never been grandfathered and will have to take the cornerstone ?
(08-29-2018, 12:03 AM)Dowew Wrote: I was reading recently that TESU has abolished the waiver for study.com affiliates to do the cornerstone course.  My buddy is registered with TESU for several months but hasn't bothered forwarding his transcript yet.  Does that means hes never been grandfathered and will have to take the cornerstone ?

If he applied as a Study.com affiliate and didn't submit any transcripts yet, then no he is almost assuredly not grandfathered. Heck, I applied as a Study.com affiliate and sent in a ton of Study.com courses and I still had to contact them twice before they added the Study.com cornerstone waiver (back when it was still part of the plan).

While it a little pricey for 1 credit, the cornerstone is also super easy and will fulfill the registration requirements, so the loss of the waiver isn't that big of a deal.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Can you still waive it by transferring in 104 credits?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
My frugal senses are tingling. This is not what I wanted to hear.
(08-29-2018, 11:21 AM)jsd Wrote: Can you still waive it by transferring in 104 credits?

It appears that is no longer an option.  Cornerstone required for all starting July 2018
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Thinking about taking it and getting it over with if it is indeed mandatory now. Seems like October is the earliest at this point.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(08-29-2018, 06:26 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Thinking about taking it and getting it over with if it is indeed mandatory now. Seems like October is the earliest at this point.

I've heard its easy and super fast, like 30 minutes to complete.

Even though I have the waiver I've considered taking it just to make up the last credit I need in my GenEd's (I'm at 59.67/60) so I can either find a 1cr course like the cornerstone, or take another 3cr course to make up the difference. If it wasn't for the $300 price tag, I'd have done it for sure. If they made it $25/cr like the TECEP's I'd have done it long ago. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
Yeah, seems like a total money grab. Also, since it is self directed, would be nice to be able to register and start immediately.

The NFA course is 1 credit, if that works?
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(08-29-2018, 06:38 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Yeah, seems like a total money grab. Also, since it is self directed, would be nice to be able to register and start immediately.

The NFA course is 1 credit, if that works?

Yeah, their whole registration process is a bit antiquated. TECEP and self-directed courses shouldn't require registering like a normal course and waiting for term starts, etc.

NFA is 1cr, but is a free elective not a GenEd elective as far as I know. At least at TESU. I also considered the medical terminology TECEP which is also 1cr, but also a free elective. Sad

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
Merlin, from looking at your signature. Your best bet for the cheap/easy/fast 3 credits of general education would be an OD course at $9 or Saylor course for $25. One of the Introduction to Computers would be perfect in this case. OD has Python for theirs and Saylor is using Java for their Introduction to Comp Sci.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,340 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Residency waiver @ TESU MNomadic 8 2,709 08-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Residency waiver for certificates Ideas 2 1,316 08-26-2018, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Saylor/TESU Discount Residency Waiver Fee for ASBA jumpstart 7 3,081 08-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Mab81
  TESU Cornerstone stuck in my "cart" MNomadic 8 2,009 08-10-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU/SDC cornerstone waiver? MNomadic 6 1,742 08-03-2018, 06:37 AM
Last Post: fork
  TESU Residency Waiver armstrongsubero 7 1,932 07-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Says Son Can't Enroll & Pay Residency Waiver?! AquaDragonfly 4 1,602 06-30-2018, 01:25 PM
Last Post: AquaDragonfly
  TESU Cornerstone for AA? AwardTour 12 2,833 06-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Can I go ahead and get the residency waiver and graduation fee taken care of? leland.kirk 35 6,200 06-12-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: MSK9