Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cornerstone waiver
(08-29-2018, 06:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Merlin, from looking at your signature.  Your best bet for the cheap/easy/fast 3 credits of general education would be an OD course at $9 or Saylor course for $25.  One of the Introduction to Computers would be perfect in this case.  OD has Python for theirs and Saylor is using Java for their Introduction to Comp Sci.

Oh, I have plenty of options... that isn't the problem. But thanks for the suggestions. Smile

I'll probably just take the Intro to Nutrition or Environmental Science courses since I've got some interest in that subject matter. Though I could also take another psychology course given I've already done 3 of them and I'd only have to complete about half the quizzes in Study.com to get through another one.

I have also considered the OD Python course since it would be easy given I already know Python, but I don't really like the OD format. I was taking their Psychology 101 course but ended up dropping it in favor of Study.com.

This is mostly just a point of annoyance. Having to take a 3cr course to make up for a 0.33cr deficit due to the conversion between quarter and semester units sucks. Smile

Right now I'm assuming the TEEX Cyber 101 and 301 will come in as free electives after the recent changes (CAP-295 and CYB-120) but if either of them ends up coming in as a GenEd science course then that will also solve my GenEd deficit.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I'm going to chime in and help anyone who might be curious about what's going on with the Cornerstone class.

I was under the assumption that this was waived if you were flagged as a study.com student. I transferred in 6 Study.com classes but did not have it waived (even after being told I could). I was told that my transcript had to come from Study.com and not Ace, but my Study.com membership ran out so it was difficult to get support from them. It seems like they are basically making it a requirement for all students....$300 bucks down the drain.

After making a few calls they told me I would have to take the class and that I couldn't have it waived as of August. I registered for the class and finished it in about an hour. It was registered for the August term but I was able to start it right away (even though August hasn't started) and once I completed all the quizzes I received credit for it.

If anyone has any questions let me know.
That's good then, maybe if I register for October I can just start it right away and get it out of the way then.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(08-30-2018, 01:17 PM)Iamtehking Wrote: I'm going to chime in and help anyone who might be curious about what's going on with the Cornerstone class.

I was under the assumption that this was waived if you were flagged as a study.com student. I transferred in 6 Study.com classes but did not have it waived (even after being told I could). I was told that my transcript had to come from Study.com and not Ace, but my Study.com membership ran out so it was difficult to get support from them. It seems like they are basically making it a requirement for all students....$300 bucks down the drain.

After making a few calls they told me I would have to take the class and that I couldn't have it waived as of August. I registered for the class and finished it in about an hour. It was registered for the August term but I was able to start it right away (even though August hasn't started) and once I completed all the quizzes I received credit for it.

You finished to Cornerstone class in under an hour? I thought there was more to it than just a couple of quizzes.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(08-30-2018, 03:54 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 01:17 PM)Iamtehking Wrote: I'm going to chime in and help anyone who might be curious about what's going on with the Cornerstone class.

You finished to Cornerstone class in under an hour? I thought there was more to it than just a couple of quizzes.

Well I took the initial assessment after I had taken it for another course, and it was VERY similar. After that I went through the modules and after every other page it has a quiz (very common questions to answer for people who are enrolled in college) and after moved on to the next.

Before I realized it I was at the end of every module and looked at my grades and had 100% on all quizzes and completed the assessment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iamtehking's post:
  • AwardTour

The cornerstone is easy, the capstone is tough. There are many others who've posted about their experiences clearing this course in 30 minutes or less.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Nope, it's a quick one.  I think I took under 2 hours, with a few interruptions from the kids.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Will completing the Cornerstone course count for official enrollment into TESU?
(08-31-2018, 01:21 PM)shadowgem Wrote: Will completing the Cornerstone course count for official enrollment into TESU?

Yes. Taking the Cornerstone will count towards enrollment purposes.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-31-2018, 01:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 01:21 PM)shadowgem Wrote: Will completing the Cornerstone course count for official enrollment into TESU?

Yes. Taking the Cornerstone will count towards enrollment purposes.

Thank you!  Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Residency waiver @ TESU MNomadic 8 2,695 08-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Residency waiver for certificates Ideas 2 1,307 08-26-2018, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Saylor/TESU Discount Residency Waiver Fee for ASBA jumpstart 7 3,069 08-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Mab81
  TESU Cornerstone stuck in my "cart" MNomadic 8 1,980 08-10-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU/SDC cornerstone waiver? MNomadic 6 1,728 08-03-2018, 06:37 AM
Last Post: fork
  TESU Residency Waiver armstrongsubero 7 1,920 07-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Says Son Can't Enroll & Pay Residency Waiver?! AquaDragonfly 4 1,598 06-30-2018, 01:25 PM
Last Post: AquaDragonfly
  TESU Cornerstone for AA? AwardTour 12 2,831 06-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Can I go ahead and get the residency waiver and graduation fee taken care of? leland.kirk 35 6,188 06-12-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: MSK9