Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does TUI compare to the big three?
I recieved an email from someone from TUI and they're trying to convince me to enroll with them instead of the big three, because like them, they accept ace reviewed courses, clep,dsst, fema, ect. And I quote:

Quote:There is no attendance requirement or minimal log in time. There are no tests or exams so the majority of your grades will be based on the papers that you write

Does anyone know if any of the big three also don't require any tests or exams when taking whatever courses they offer?

Thanks.

I tried asking them through email, but so far no clear answer has been given.
The Big 3 will allow you to transfer nearly 100% of your requirements in, thus giving you unparalleled flexibility as to source/pricing/schedule of your classes.

Most other schools, including TUI, have transfer limits-- I believe TUI's is the standard 75%.
Thanks, but does anyone know if any of the BIG three also have degrees where with all the courses there is no exam/test requirement? Or is it just TUI?
There will be no degree that doesn't require exams/tests. There are some courses that don't have a midterm or final but they are very few. You have to look at the total picture though. If they don't have a midterm or final they will either have large essay requirements or massive online participation and projects, pick your poison.
Quote:Dear Mr. Driscoll,

In regards to your questions, we are a 100% online university. There is no attendance requirement or minimal log in time. There are no tests or exams so the majority of your grades will be based on the papers that you write. Every Session is sub-divided into six modules. Each module will run approximately two weeks long. In that two week time frame, you will be required to submit a three-part assignment consisting of a:

1. Case Assignment

2. Session long project

3. Threaded Discussion

Both the case assignment and the session long project are 2 – 5 page papers that you write. It is double spaced and written in APA format. The threaded discussion must be replied to at least one time within the two week time frame.

You will receive a course materials CD delivered to your shipping address upon settlement of tuition and you will receive access to your student services account at that time.

Does that sound like a lot more work then the big three? Or less?
wwfjdraw Wrote:Does that sound like a lot more work then the big three? Or less?

Sounds the same as some courses at TESC. But like someone else said it all depends on if there is a midterm or final and you keep asking if it is more work. What is more work to you since you are the one looking for the education?
To me that sounds like a great class but very easy which would be bad and I would slack off. Where there are others that you have to do many dq's and alot of projects. There are others like the classes im in now at tesc where you have to do some essays, some dq's a mid term and final which is still simple. Yet i found UOP's projects and dq's more challenging. To each his own is what it comes down to. What do you like ?
Thats what you have to figure out... What do you think is hard for you in terms of learning? then, there is your easy A.
Good luck
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]tesc credit banked
FEMA IS courses- alot

Aleks completed-many of them

Cleps:Spanish 67

Associates in psychology UOP
TESC BA in psychology[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

attempting currently
Masters in counseling
Posters over at Degreeinfo say graduate study at TUI is a lot of work. The format sounds easy but the devil's in the details.

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
wwfjdraw Wrote:Does that sound like a lot more work then the big three? Or less?

Sounds like a lot of work to me. I'd rather read study materials for a few weeks then sit for credit-by-exam as opposed to writing lots of papers, but to each his own.
wwfjdraw Wrote:Thanks, but does anyone know if any of the BIG three also have degrees where with all the courses there is no exam/test requirement? Or is it just TUI?

I believe you will take Midterms and Finals with the Big 3. I know with Excelsior you do for sure. The only thing w/ EC, there is no proctored exams.

I know two other schools that don't do any exams, just papers, they are AIU and UofP.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]