Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Course number ECON 1001?
Hello guys,

The only ACE credit course with number ECON 1001 is Macroeconomics from Sophia Learning...
Do you guys aware of any other ACE credit course with number ECON 1001?
Why are you asking? Are you looking for another econ class entirely, a different macroeconomics course, or for some other reason?
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • nomaduser
I found ECON 1001 was accepted for transfer at some institutions.. but not sure if that's Sophia Learning Macroeconomics?
Unfortunately, their transfer credit tool won't reveal where that ACE credit is from. And I can't find any other ACE credit course with ECON 1001 course number.
(08-26-2020, 09:50 AM)nomaduser Wrote: Hello guys,

The only ACE credit course with number ECON 1001 is Macroeconomics from Sophia Learning...
Do you guys aware of any other ACE credit course with number ECON 1001?

Every college numbers their course differently. If you're looking for a macro econ course then you need to look specifically for a macro econ course not the course number. There's also micro econ which is a totally different class.

Why are you hung up on the course number?

(08-26-2020, 10:11 AM)nomaduser Wrote: I found ECON 1001 was accepted for transfer at some institutions.. but not sure if that's Sophia Learning Macroeconomics?
Unfortunately, their transfer credit tool won't reveal where that ACE credit is from. And I can't find any other ACE credit course with ECON 1001 course number.

No you found that macro econ was transferable. The course number is irrelevant. Like I said, every school numbers courses differently and it has nothing to do with the course name or content.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • nomaduser
You just need to find a Macroeconomics course, and ignore the course number.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-26-2020, 02:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You just need to find a Macroeconomics course, and ignore the course number.

I was curious because Sophia.org courses are normally not accepted at universities other than the big three. I just asked ACE company. They said there's no other ECON 1001 course than Sophia Learning's Macroeconomics. That's good to know!
Sophia.org courses are accepted a lot of places. But not all of them and there is often a limit to how many ACE credits total can be transferred in.
(08-26-2020, 03:19 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 02:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You just need to find a Macroeconomics course, and ignore the course number.

I was curious because Sophia.org courses are normally not accepted at universities other than the big three.  I just asked ACE company. They said there's no other ECON 1001 course than Sophia Learning's Macroeconomics. That's good to know!

Many colleges and universities accept ACE credits from Sophia. I have transferred them to CSU Global, ESC, and UMPI. My husband is transferring them to WGU and Purdue Global. None of these are the Big 3. UMPI is the University of Maine and CSU Global is the online school for the University of Colorado system. ESC is Empire State College which is basically the New York State online/distance learning college in the SUNY system.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ECON 430 Money & Banking Equivalency Recommendation cdickerson0601 3 827 07-22-2021, 09:36 AM
Last Post: cdickerson0601
  New Study.com transcripts have a number grade on them jsh1138 3 1,191 12-02-2020, 12:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com number of proctored exams per month? AwardTour 3 1,376 07-17-2019, 04:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Number of Courses I Can Transfer Per Month UnbreakablyDetermined 6 1,690 11-04-2018, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Merlin