Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coursera & Edx - Peer Reviewed Assignments
For those of you who have signed up for the Coursera options such as the Coursera Institution/State/Work sponsored versions, Coursera Plus, TADA, etc, which ones that have ACE recommendation for credit have you completed?  I was curious, which one on the list have or don't have peer graded assignments?  I am thinking of completing a few of these just for the ACE credit and sort them by ones I can complete faster without the peer graded assignments.

I am particularly curious about the Google and IBM offerings here on the WIKI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

For those of you who are on the Edx MicroBachelors/MicroMasters or the Edx Verizon Skill Forward options, which ones of these have peer graded assignments?  I think I am going to do the same thing, maybe switch things around, do ones with assignments first, depending on the number of assignments.  If there are very few assignments, there shouldn't be much delay in getting to the next assignment...  I just don't like waiting on someone to grade.  TIA!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • lucillegyl
The google digital marketing took me about 3 days of test taking through TADA For 9x ACE credits

If you’ve dabbled with e-commerce or advertising in the past or have taken a handful of business classes most of the course is rather easy with only a few topics that will take specific review.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
Degree:
Pierpont - BOG Information Systems
Certs:
TEEX - Cybersecurity
Google - IT/Marketing
Edx - Digital Asset Management/Workplace Diversity
Uni of SC - Leadership in Hospitality
Credits:
Sophia/Saylor/Coursera/CSM/ASU/TEEX
[-] The following 2 users Like Chimera's post:
  • Darknigh7, LevelUP
The peer-graded assignments are graded pretty fast, such as 24 hours. You don't have to wait for them to finish grading. You can move on to the next lesson.

Also, the lessons can be taken out of order if you want. Since there is no penalty for failing, the certs are a stress-free way of earning college credit and certs.

You can enroll in a cert and go through lessons to see how many quizzes and written assignments there are.  There are very few written assignments for most of the certs.

GoogleDigital Marketing, UX Design and Google IT Support, there are, I think, no written assignments.  Google Project Management has a few.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Darknigh7
This Autumn I've taken the following ACE-credit courses via Coursera:

Google IT Support Certificate
Google UX Design Certificate
Google Project Management Certificate
Google Data Analytics Certificate
IBM Data Analyst Certificate
IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Spec
AWIT Real World Cloud PM

For the following recommended ACE credits: 15, 10, 9, 12, 12, 9, 6

Most of the courses, with the exception if I recall correctly of the Google UX and AWIT Real World Cloud courses had peer reviews. I will say that in my experience the peer review process was very quick and painless. I rarely had to wait more than an hour for someone to review my submission.

Your mileage may vary, but I had a bit of background on these topics. So much of the coursework was not that challenging. I tended to skip the optional readings and skim through the bulk of the video transcripts and/or watch the videos at 2x speed.  

To close, I really disliked the IBM courses. They force you to use IBM virtualization technology and data analysis cloud SaaS products that I found archaic and confusing, and the coursework was mostly from around 2020 and the instructions do not match the current UI.  But it could be my lack of experience with them, so to each their own.  :-)

Happy Holidays!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Darknigh7's post:
  • lynnii2
Yeah, I'm working on some Google/Edx cheapie/freebie options right now before they both go away next year....
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • lynnii2
(12-26-2023, 04:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, I'm working on some Google/Edx cheapie/freebie options right now before they both go away next year....

i was able to get The Digital Asset Managment - WisconsinX - edX and the Leading Workplace Diversity - RiceX - edX both in a day through Verizons program
Degree:
Pierpont - BOG Information Systems
Certs:
TEEX - Cybersecurity
Google - IT/Marketing
Edx - Digital Asset Management/Workplace Diversity
Uni of SC - Leadership in Hospitality
Credits:
Sophia/Saylor/Coursera/CSM/ASU/TEEX
The Google Project Management Certificate has one peer-graded assignment. You make a project plan. It wasn’t too onerous, you fill in the template. I had to grade a few others and I got my grade within a day or two.

Google Data Analytics Certificate has an optional project, but you can say you didn’t do it and still get the certificate.

Google IT Support Certificate has some optional discussion boards, but no projects. It does have labs, you sign into a VM and follow the instructions.

I can’t speak to any of the others.
When considering Coursera courses with ACE recommendations, it's essential to check individual course descriptions for information on peer-graded assignments, as the presence of such assessments varies. Similarly, whether or not peer-graded assignments are included in the edX MicroBachelors/MicroMasters or Verizon Skill Forward programs depends on the particular course. Examining the quantity and type of assignments and the estimated time commitments can be a smart move to speed up completion. Remember that the world of education always changes, so it's best to double-check the most recent information available on the relevant platforms.
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 356 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,768 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  Coursera Certs Offline natshar 4 395 03-10-2024, 12:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coursera Plus for $1/month... Expires Sept 21, 2023 bjcheung77 7 1,265 11-22-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 4,124 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coursera, Udemy & LinkedIn Learning ss20ts 6 2,159 06-12-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Research sources for writing assignments? GizmoJack 23 94,080 05-29-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  New course from Coursera Imbanewbie 3 897 05-13-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: HVzR5
  Google IT support from Coursera qualify ACE credit Imbanewbie 74 19,296 01-30-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Tammy Sellers
  Coursera - BS in Computer Science from top US university for only $10k ! nomaduser 43 6,845 01-25-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: MrPanda