Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Csuglobal RA Upper level
My question, are those courses counted as RA credit I see a bunch of courses for 250$ that are upper level. 

https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alte...ssessments

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 2 users Like gams007's post:
  • nomaduser, Pikachu
I want to know about that too. I'm looking for cheaper upper-level RA credits. $250 per course sounds okay.

I found that once you become an active CSU Global student, you'll be able to take all of self-study assessment courses!

To become an active student, you have to enroll at CSU Global and take at least one course.
Their course costs $1k each.

So, pay $1k for a random course to unlock all of $250 self-study assessment courses!

BEWARE Exclamation

Self-study assessment courses won't come with letter grades!
It will come with Pass or Fail grade so majority of institutions won't accept self-study course credits for transfer.
Even if self-study credit is RA, very few institutions will ever consider it for transfer.
When I was a student at CSU Global last year, these exams were only open to enrolled students. One course at CSU Global is $1,050 ($350 per credit). Keep in mind a term is also only 8 weeks long and you have to write a paper every week except for week 7 when you're supposed to be working on your final paper which is much longer than the other 6. You also must post to the discussion board and respond to the minimum number of posts. Most courses require these discussions to be cited and a minimum word count. Same for the responses. It's quite a bit of work for there classes compared to other schools. 

These exams really seemed designed for students to complete their courses faster for less money. It didn't seem like they were for the outside world. That may have changed since I left in August.

They are not RA credits. Under transfer information:

Currently, self-study assessment exam credit is not approved for Colorado gtPathway guaranteed transfer because self-study assessments are not considered resident credit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
They're also in the "alternative credit" section.
(01-28-2021, 09:58 AM)ss20ts Wrote: They are not RA credits. Under transfer information:

Currently, self-study assessment exam credit is not approved for Colorado gtPathway guaranteed transfer because self-study assessments are not considered resident credit.

This means that they aren't able to be used to satisfy residency, the same way TECEP exams and UExcel exams aren't.  But they are still RA credit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-28-2021, 12:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: This means that they aren't able to be used to satisfy residency, the same way TECEP exams and UExcel exams aren't.  But they are still RA credit.

Yes, but the problem is that CSU Global won't give you any letter grade and GPA for the self-study courses.
There's no way you can transfer those credits to any institution.

No letter grade, GPA = No transfer Smile
(01-28-2021, 01:10 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 12:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: This means that they aren't able to be used to satisfy residency, the same way TECEP exams and UExcel exams aren't.  But they are still RA credit.

Yes, but the problem is that CSU Global won't give you any letter grade and GPA for the self-study courses.

I don't think this is true.  I've seen MANY schools not give a letter grade (thus no GPA) for internal exams, and yet many schools will accept them.  Maybe your school won't, but that does not mean that NONE will accept them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • rachel83az
(01-28-2021, 01:10 PM)nomaduser Wrote:

Not true. TESU is willing to take Strayer pass/fail exams if they can be shown to have been administered by Strayer and not "transfer credit" as the Strayer transcript claims. Pretty sure CSU Global would be the same. Once upon a time, when the exams were public, they were even listed as a source of cheap credit on the wiki. I don't think the exams have changed; only their availability.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Way back when (2017ish timeframe) TESU even preapproved and preplanned a CSU Global CBE for me. No idea on the current situation.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 2 users Like Flelm's post:
  • nomaduser, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,564 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 861 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 434 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 613 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 440 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 561 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  Level 5 from UK, what have been your experiences? elcastor21 3 431 09-19-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Upper level Art credits? Insert Name 9 1,035 03-04-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Where can I find a cheap college-level writing/composition course ftlclam 4 783 02-27-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ftlclam
  Level 7 - AI & Data Science Apprenticeship (funded, UK only) bjcheung77 1 557 01-20-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: smartdegree