Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Current UL Course options for BA in Psych at TESU
Hi all,

I had a question come up about upper level course options for Psychology majors at TESU, so I thought I'd go ahead and share that info here as well, in case it's useful to someone.

Here's a current list (as of 11/8/2018) of the courses I've been able to locate that have been approved as UL by ACE and/or NCCRS:

UExcel Exams:
  • UExcel PSYx 315 - Psychology of Adulthood & Aging
  • UExcel PSYx 325 - Advanced Social Psychology
  • UExcel PSYx 365 - Research Methods in Psychology
Coopersmith Education (http://www.secularcourses.com)
  • PSY 302 - Abnormal Psychology
  • PSY 303 - Physiological Psychology
  • PSY 304 - History and Systems of Psychology
Study.com
  • PSY 301 - Industrial / Organizational Psychology
  • PSY 310 - Psychology of Personality
  • PSY 312 - History and Systems of Psychology
Ed4Credit
  • PSY 340 - Abnormal Psychology
15 UL units within the major are required, so there is enough available right now for someone to complete the requirements, and even have a bit of choice! 

If you see something I've missed, please feel free to add it!  Smile
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
[-] The following 4 users Like Nodaclu's post:
  • ed209uardo, Llgdavis, Muldoon, mysonx3
Looks like you have most of the ones I know about and keep updated at https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/JS...1st,_2015)

Here are some I didn't see on your list though...

Drug and Alcohol Abuse DSST (UL)

Abnormal Psychology TECEP or UExcel

CSU Global CBE Applied Organizational Psychology (maybe, check first)
Forensic Psychology CSU Global CBE (again - check first. not sure)

I'm pretty sure that's everything, but I'd love to see if anyone else can find more so that I can update the wiki.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • Nodaclu
SDC has the following UL Psych courses:
I/O Psychology
Organizational Theory
History & Systems of Psychology
Psychology of Personality
Advanced Social Psychology
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • Llgdavis
(11-09-2018, 03:35 AM)Supermind Wrote: SDC has the following UL Psych courses:
I/O Psychology
Organizational Theory

No, they have what he already posted, you may want to refer to the course codes for TESU:

https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
I/O Psychology
Organizational Theory

Adv Social Psych comes in as LL.

Org Theory is not a Psych course I don't think (Org Behavior is, but I'm not certain Org Theory is).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-09-2018, 10:00 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
I/O Psychology
Organizational Theory

Org Theory is not a Psych course I don't think (Org Behavior is, but I'm not certain Org Theory is).

OT transfers into TESU as PSY-360. Although it features under the Business section of SDC, it qualifies as psychology.
As far as Adv Social Psychology goes, I was told that in combination with LL Social Psychology, it qualifies as UL. Together, you earn 6 credits.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

I left off Advanced Social Psychology from SDC (as well as a few others) because ACE/NCCRS has listed them as coming in at lower-level. TESU may waive that at their discretion, but I wanted to stick to courses that have currently been reviewed as UL for those who are new to this, to reduce the possibility of disappointments when it came time for TESU to evaluate the coursework.

As someone who has thrived with the SDC model and struggled elsewhere, I'd love nothing more than for all of SDC's 300-level Psych courses to have been reviewed as UL. If they were, I'd be done already and graduating in December, instead of struggling to complete two final UExcel exams and graduating in March.  Wink
120/120 units complete

(11-09-2018, 11:31 AM)Nodaclu Wrote: I left off Advanced Social Psychology from SDC (as well as a few others) because ACE/NCCRS has listed them as coming in at lower-level. TESU may waive that at their discretion, but I wanted to stick to courses that have currently been reviewed as UL for those who are new to this, to reduce the possibility of disappointments when it came time for TESU to evaluate the coursework.
As someone who has thrived with the SDC model and struggled elsewhere, I'd love nothing more than for all of SDC's 300-level Psych courses to have been reviewed as UL. If they were, I'd be done already and graduating in December, instead of struggling to complete two final UExcel exams and graduating in March.  Wink

According to SDC staff, BUS 307- Organizational behavior and leadership qualifies for UL Psychology requirements.
From my personal experience, I would recommend BUS 323- Organizational Theory as well. It is interesting and fairly simple.
If you like SDC, why don’t you attempt these two courses and hasten up your degree?

I have a question for you: since you have two UL psych courses pending, did that not make any difference to your capstone project? The general advice is to finish all AOS courses before attempting capstone, isn’t it?

(11-09-2018, 11:09 AM)Supermind Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:00 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
I/O Psychology
Organizational Theory

OT transfers into TESU as PSY-360. Although it features under the Business section of SDC, it qualifies as psychology.
As far as Adv Social Psychology goes, I was told that in combination with LL Social Psychology, it qualifies as UL. Together, you earn 6 credits.

I missed that about Org Theory coming in as PSY.

Who told you that if you took PSY 104: Social Psychology, that PSY 316: Advanced Social Psychology, would come in as UL?  I've never heard this!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-09-2018, 11:45 AM)Supermind Wrote: According to SDC staff, BUS 307- Organizational behavior and leadership qualifies for UL Psychology requirements.
From my personal experience, I would recommend BUS 323- Organizational Theory as well. It is interesting and fairly simple.
If you like SDC, why don’t you attempt these two courses and hasten up your degree?

I have a question for you: since you have two UL psych courses pending, did that not make any difference to your capstone project? The general advice is to finish all AOS courses before attempting capstone, isn’t it?

The way my degree ultimately played out (because of decades-old, previously taken coursework, and courses that I took before and after TESU changed the rules on what they considered UL vs. LL), I was left with a situation where I had two required courses left to take in the AOS (Research Methods in Psychology and an UL Social Psychology course), and since I'd only completed 9 UL units in my AOS, they *had* to be taken as UL courses.

So for me personally, the SDC version of those classes weren't an option, since they would come in as LL. When all the dust settled from the above, I was kind of pinned-in and had very limited options. Most people coming into the program now won't be at this disadvantage - they'll be able to plan around it.

But for someone just beginning work in the AOS, you're right - both of those courses you mentioned could be taken as UL Psych electives - thereby freeing up the options to take other required courses in the AOS as LL, where there are more options.

For your second question - TESU recommends that you take it after your AOS is completed, but it's not required that you do so. I was originally going to try and do the Capstone plus my final two classes around the same time, but once I realized that I would have to go the UExcel route to finish them, that disrupted my timeline.

Fortunately, TESU didn't care.  Big Grin
120/120 units complete

[-] The following 1 user Likes Nodaclu's post:
  • Llgdavis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,041 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tuition Payment Options lidel 0 308 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lidel
  2023-2024 Pell Grant Max: $7395 (Options to use this) bjcheung77 8 1,482 07-31-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,078 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,968 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,304 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  BYU Pathway Worldwide - Ensign College (BYU-I Partnership Undergrad Options) bjcheung77 2 1,083 08-29-2022, 01:10 PM
  Pathophysiology options? allvia 12 1,905 08-24-2022, 07:40 AM
Last Post: allvia