Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DANTES to DSST
I sent my test scores and credits to this college near me. And apparently, I am the first person to transfer DSST to this college since they were DANTES test. I am not sure when DANTES became DSST anyone know? I am just curious how many years it has been.
It looks like it would've been 2004 or 2006? https://exampedia.org/wiki/DANTES_Subjec...sts_(DSST)
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Looks like the changes began in 2006.

https://www.getcollegecredit.com/what_is_dsst/
I'm the first person to transfer DSST to this college since 2006 even though they state on the website they accept most DSSTs (and the school is a DSST test center) and the college has over 13k students currently enrolled. That is insane. We are among the few, most people don't know about this stuff.
I wouldn't worry about it and just send as much info as requested, someone there should know the process if they've done it before, they'll sure be able to grab whatever documentation in regards to DSST or Dantes transfers. Unless their policies have changed in regards to the exams coming in, you should be safe with getting the credit you deserve from those exams.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-01-2021, 02:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I wouldn't worry about it and just send as much info as requested, someone there should know the process if they've done it before, they'll sure be able to grab whatever documentation in regards to DSST or Dantes transfers.  Unless their policies have changed in regards to the exams coming in, you should be safe with getting the credit you deserve from those exams.

No the transfer is set. Everything is good. I just thought it was interesting no one transferred in a DSST exam in years. That is all.
(03-01-2021, 03:10 PM)natshar Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 02:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I wouldn't worry about it and just send as much info as requested, someone there should know the process if they've done it before, they'll sure be able to grab whatever documentation in regards to DSST or Dantes transfers.  Unless their policies have changed in regards to the exams coming in, you should be safe with getting the credit you deserve from those exams.

No the transfer is set. Everything is good. I just thought it was interesting no one transferred in a DSST exam in years. That is all.

I've been out of the Army for 30+ years. Maybe it was just me, but I don't think that the education office reached out enough to educate folks about this. Men and women are getting out of the services every day with credits - money in the bank, really - that they don't even know they have (for basic training, etc.) and many (myself included) didn't take advantage of the testing opportunities when we could. Mine was due to a lack of knowledge about it.

Had we known and used DSST, we could have built a solid base of knowledge in colleges across America.
(03-01-2021, 05:24 PM)LongRoad Wrote: ...
Had we known and used DSST, we could have built a solid base of knowledge in colleges across America.

Sadly, the schools have no incentive to do so as they collect no money when they take alternative credit. Even the Big3, who take more alternative credit than anyone, routinely fail to tell students they have choices that could significantly speed up their effort. I'm sometimes amazed they even have the info on their website.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(03-01-2021, 05:24 PM)LongRoad Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 03:10 PM)natshar Wrote:

I've been out of the Army for 30+ years. Maybe it was just me, but I don't think that the education office reached out enough to educate folks about this. Men and women are getting out of the services every day with credits - money in the bank, really - that they don't even know they have (for basic training, etc.) and many (myself included) didn't take advantage of the testing opportunities when we could. Mine was due to a lack of knowledge about it.

Yes, the military should be telling enlisted people about this!  Why they don't tout it (FREE CLEP and DSST exams), and then have a list of colleges across the country with the lists of what CLEP & DSST exams they will give credit for, I'll never know!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Especially considering how many people enlist in the military specifically so that they can go to college. I don't know the actual numbers but it's common enough that I would wager that the biggest reasons for enlisting are either "patriotism" or "college".
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,396 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,150 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,081 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 2,831 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  DSST World Religion Exam HELP hjborn@yahoo.com 4 1,326 06-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: hjborn@yahoo.com
  Score of 300 dsst natshar 5 1,525 03-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DSST Biz Ethics UL vs SL Biz Ethics LL? etc. SCYankee 8 1,510 02-27-2020, 04:06 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Sophia/CLEP/DSST Info Tech exams = all same? SCYankee 2 1,355 02-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  DSST offering free test retakes thru 9/30 cwendy111 0 1,191 08-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Last Post: cwendy111
  DSST Giantzebra 4 1,260 08-01-2019, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Ideas