Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davar Academy will not offer some of the courses offered previously under Tor Academy
When Tor split with Coopersmith last year, they had a good chunk of their own course approved with NCCRS. When they renamed themselves Davar earlier this month, they added new courses, but they didn't transfer 100% of the old Tor courses to their new Davar listing (just most of them).

I sent this email the other day to Davar Academy, and did not get the response I expected:

Quote:Hello,

I noticed on the new site that some courses that were previously available for Tor Academy are no longer listed on Davar Academy. For example, intro to pysch and intro to sociology (and other Sociology courses) are not on the Davar site. There may be others, but these are the ones that I've noticed.

Are these courses no longer available for students? Or can they still take the old Tor courses under the new Davar site? If so, how would a student request these older courses?

Thanks.

Here's the response:

Quote:Only the courses listed now on Davar Academy are available.

Best Regards,
The Davar Academy Team
davaracademy.com

Seems bizarre not to offer the old courses (or work with NCCRS to move those old courses to the new name).

I need to update my Sociology degree map on the wiki. I'm pretty sure it's still doable, but this really limits the options. I believe it will make the plan very Judaic-studies heavy again, using the Coopersmith sociology courses.

I should compare the course listings a bit more to see what other, if any, courses they lost with the name change.

Since they just got NCCRS approval for some of those classes last year, seems like they wasted money on the expensive approval process and they're not allowing themselves a way to recuperate those funds.

It's a weird setup they have going on over there though, with all these constant changes.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Since they just got NCCRS approval for some of those classes last year, seems like they wasted money on the expensive approval process and they're not allowing themselves a way to recuperate those funds.

It's a weird setup they have going on over there though, with all these constant changes.

Very strange!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
There must be some sort of internal fight going on over the rights to the courses or something complicated and funky. You would think they would find a way to offer them somehow, since they created them, and paid for them to be evaluated for 3 years.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Especially since this was presented as a simple renaming of the company, not some split that should lead to in-fighting
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Offer for StraighterLine Course hsufeng 0 81 04-23-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,439 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 994 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 708 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,339 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,910 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 374 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,047 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,088 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 597 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer