Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davar Marketing March - Intro to Marketing By March 17 For Only $20
Our friends at Davar seem to be offering an new exam every few weeks for only $20. It's Marketing March, so Intro to Marketing is only $20 + proctoring fee. If you use RPNow to proctor, that makes the total cost $35. Not bad for 3 UL credits.

I would venture that their other Marketing course, Principles of Sales (TESU MAR-310), will be available the second half of the month.

This is a $50 savings over their usual $70 rate per class (which isn't bad anyway).

Business - Davar Academy
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:Our friends at Davar seem to be offering an new exam every few weeks for only $20. It's Marketing March, so Intro to Marketing is only $20 + proctoring fee. If you use RPNow to proctor, that makes the total cost $35. Not bad for 3 UL credits.

I would venture that their other Marketing course, Principles of Sales (TESU MAR-310), will be available the second half of the month.

This is a $50 savings over their usual $70 rate per class (which isn't bad anyway).

Business - Davar Academy

Do you you if this is transferrable to COSC? Thanks
AAS WVNCC, completed 6/17. BS plan through TESU
Straighterline
Business Ethics 3 | Western Civilization 3 |Business Accounting 3 | Org Behavior 3| Intro to Nutrition 3 |Intro to Sociology 3 |US Hist I 3 |Intro to religion 3 |Anatomy & Physiology 3 |Intro to Communication 3| Macroeconomics 3| Microeconomics 3 |Business Law 3|English Comp 1| American History II 3 | Intro to Crim Just 3| American Gov 3|Accounting I 3|Business Principles 3| Business Stats|Cultural Anthropology|American History II| Account II|
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
-------------------------------------------------------
84/120 Credits

In progress
English II |Financial Accounting|Intro to Envir Science
COSC accepts NCCRS credit, no idea how they would transcribe this course as, though.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
humbleAMG Wrote:Do you you if this is transferrable to COSC? Thanks

The courses mentioned should transfer to COSC. If I were to give an educated guess, I think the Introduction to Marketing would come in as lower level even though it is evaluated as upper level. COSC does not usually consider Introduction to Marketing as upper level. It should satisfy the marketing requirement for the Business major. The Principles of Sales course that was mentioned would be more likely to be evaluated as upper level at COSC and would probably count as an upper level business elective. You would have to check with an advisor to be sure.
Aww... I was hoping for a Meteorology March... Guess I'll wait for May.

I'm excited someone is offering that course. I'm planning on trying that course once I'm done with straighterline.
barneyfife Wrote:The courses mentioned should transfer to COSC. If I were to give an educated guess, I think the Introduction to Marketing would come in as lower level even though it is evaluated as upper level. COSC does not usually consider Introduction to Marketing as upper level. It should satisfy the marketing requirement for the Business major. The Principles of Sales course that was mentioned would be more likely to be evaluated as upper level at COSC and would probably count as an upper level business elective. You would have to check with an advisor to be sure.

Thanks, taking the quiz on the 17th, hoping for a pass.
Straighterline
Business Ethics 3 | Western Civilization 3 |Business Accounting 3 | Org Behavior 3| Intro to Nutrition 3 |Intro to Sociology 3 |US Hist I 3 |Intro to religion 3 |Anatomy & Physiology 3 |Intro to Communication 3| Macroeconomics 3| Microeconomics 3 |Business Law 3|English Comp 1| American History II 3 | Intro to Crim Just 3| American Gov 3|Accounting I 3|Business Principles 3| Business Stats|Cultural Anthropology|American History II| Account II|
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
84/120 Credits

In progress
Hello!

This is my first post. I took the final exam in this course today and scored an 88%. It is 70 questions total. The first 60 are multiple choice and follow the chapter quizzes pretty closely. I just printed them all off. I just read the questions with the answer key close by. I got through about half of them and then just decided to take the exam. The last ten questions are short answer questions. I was in a bit of a hurry in between teaching and picking up my kids from daycare, so I rushed through the essays, but it seemed like it turned out okay. I would definitely review the ethnographic/geographic/economic/etc. marking strategies. But, really, I kind of enjoyed it. Now, I just have to write the case studies and I should be home free. I scored 73% on the midterm.

Oh, and I am probably going to go for the BSBA CIS from TESU. I am a middle school/high school teacher with an undergrad degree in education from the University of Michigan and an MAT from Marygrove College in Detroit. I have a social sciences minor on my teaching certificate, so I teach economics and I might as well get a business degree. I'm about five years from retirement and this would place me nicely for a second career. I also love the idea of learning how to hack a degree so that I can help some of my students as they plan for college.

Have a great night!
eriehiker Wrote:Hello!

This is my first post. I took the final exam in this course today and scored an 88%. It is 70 questions total. The first 60 are multiple choice and follow the chapter quizzes pretty closely. I just printed them all off. I just read the questions with the answer key close by. I got through about half of them and then just decided to take the exam. The last ten questions are short answer questions. I was in a bit of a hurry in between teaching and picking up my kids from daycare, so I rushed through the essays, but it seemed like it turned out okay. I would definitely review the ethnographic/geographic/economic/etc. marking strategies. But, really, I kind of enjoyed it. Now, I just have to write the case studies and I should be home free. I scored 73% on the midterm.

Oh, and I am probably going to go for the BSBA CIS from TESU. I am a middle school/high school teacher with an undergrad degree in education from the University of Michigan and an MAT from Marygrove College in Detroit. I have a social sciences minor on my teaching certificate, so I teach economics and I might as well get a business degree. I'm about five years from retirement and this would place me nicely for a second career. I also love the idea of learning how to hack a degree so that I can help some of my students as they plan for college.

Have a great night!

Is the Final Exam Open Book? Thanks for posting
Straighterline
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
84/120 Credits

In progress
humbleAMG Wrote:Is the Final Exam Open Book? Thanks for posting

No. I used the RPNow proctoring system. So the class was $20 and the proctoring was $15. They make you spin your laptop around to make sure that nothing is in the room to help with the exam. But I just read over the quizzes before taking the exam and it was enough for me.
eriehiker Wrote:No. I used the RPNow proctoring system. So the class was $20 and the proctoring was $15. They make you spin your laptop around to make sure that nothing is in the room to help with the exam. But I just read over the quizzes before taking the exam and it was enough for me.

For anyone who needs Marketing and can't do this one in time, Saylor's Marketing exam was one of the "easier" ones according to my son. I bought him a Marketing textbook online, he read it, and he passed the Saylor final with no issues. $25 for ProctorU, and that was it.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,369 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Google Digital Marketing and E Commerce Professional Certificate now now ACE MNomadic 19 5,999 08-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Sophia - Intro to Chemistry Lab now Available! ashkir 1 630 04-03-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Intro to Chemistry Lab course difficulty level EducationSeeker 6 1,252 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Davar Academy Preview? Carnation 3 824 01-01-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com question - Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab Mr T 6 1,508 12-31-2022, 05:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,197 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia - Intro to Ethics ss20ts 25 6,303 09-15-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: RhondaG
  New Sophia Course: Intro to Career Readiness - 1cr LL MNomadic 0 504 09-11-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Intro to Cybersecurity - Upper level NewatTESU 5 1,127 04-22-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: NewatTESU