Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plan Help
(02-14-2024, 04:10 PM)Zillapilla Wrote:
(02-14-2024, 03:00 PM)jch Wrote: Has TESU already evaluated the previous credits?  
I'm concerned that the written communication section of the plan won't work. It seems that the SUNY Brockport ENL112  COLLEGE COMPOSITION may be equivalent to English Composition I at TESU. If so, the CLEP College Composition Modular would duplicate that.  
Regarding the remaining outstanding credits:  Is there are reason why the plan includes so many different sources? It would likely be easier, faster, and cheaper to do everything possible on Sophia Learning plus CLEP and then move on to Study.com for the rest. ALEKS College Algebra will be a long slog compared to Sophia. StraighterLine can get expensive with course fees on top of membership, plus student experiences there can be iffy. They're going to be paying for a Sophia membership anyway, so why not do more than one course while there?
This is why I thought it would work, I figured ENG112 would be equivalent to English Comp 2

The composition program at Brockport consists of two classes:

ENG 102 provides foundational skills in expository writing and intensive work on the production of standard, written English.
ENG 112 focuses on the writing process, argumentative writing, and research. This course meets one of the general education requirements at the University.

I'm not sure how exactly TESU will evaluate the credits, which is why an answer will be needed from them before proceeding. On my initial reading it seemed to me that ENG 112 was more equivalent to TESU's Comp I and earlier credits would be seen as foundational. However, things could go differently. TESU's evaluation can also be appealed if not happy with the result.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
At this point, I would apply, get all transcripts transferred into TESU and get an evaluation. You'll know your remaining classes and can use Sophia.org instead of StraighterLine for the two you have listed with StraighterLine. You can take a look at LawShelf classes if you want something easier for upper level AOS options: https://www.lawshelf.com/assets/pdf/TESU.pdf
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • allvia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  134 Credits But No Degree! Please Help Me Make Something Useful Out All These Credits CreativeLearner 13 325 4 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 116 04-24-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 201 04-24-2024, 10:04 AM
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 175 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,900 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 238 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,636 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 584 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 232 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 650 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32