Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree plan for TESU Psychology BA/BS?
So I was reading the old degree plans for TESU and definitely learning some helpful info. I signed up for SDT and am working towards some credits.  Just wondering if anyone can offer some helpful info from recent transfers, maybe a plan, whatever you have i'd be grateful. I am starting with History on SDT atm. Also was planning to do Psych 101 and low level classes as the TESU rep said that would be a good idea. 

I ran a business for years, never made me rich but I was doing well, unfortunately due to Coronavirus shut downs my business was paralyzed and all but dismantled. To make a long story short I have decided to pursue a degree in Psych then hopefully a  Masters in Counseling and Mental Health. I've never went to college, have no degrees and no credits (yet). But I feel like this degree would help me do something I love, counseling and help people.

For somebody with no current credits that wants to start asap what would be your advice? My goal is to shorten the bachelors completion as much as possible and fast-pace this and cut costs. 

I'm 30 and feel like the time is right to get a Bachelors and start a different career Smile

Thanks for reading and your time.
Your best option would be to start with Sophia and get your general eds that way. They have psych 101 and more. It's much cheaper than SDC for your general ed credits. $79 per month, no limit to the number of courses that you can finish per month. TESU has a limit of 90 credits that can come from a single source so you cannot complete your entire degree with SDC. Sophia can bring in most of your credits (see https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List ) and then you can complete your degree with SDC and Coopersmith. 

Since you've already got a SDC membership, you might as well work on some non-GE credit requirements. https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab 
  • Psychology 316: Advanced Social Psychology would be PSY-245 : Social Psychology
  • Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology would be PSY-400 : History and Systems of Psychology
  • Psychology 107: Life Span Developmental Psychology would be PSY-211 : Developmental Psychology
  • Psychology 106: Abnormal Psychology  would be PSY-235 : Intro to Abnormal Psychology but I think you need Psychology 306: Advanced Abnormal Psychology as PSY-246 : Abnormal Psychology for the degree.
  • Social Science 108: Ethics in the Social Sciences would be SOS-216 : Ethics in the Social Sciences

Once you've gotten these + Sophia done, you will be most of the way to your new degree!
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 572 4 hours ago
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,138 6 hours ago
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,893 10 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 175 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 176 Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,099 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 171 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 522 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,285 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 12 469 04-13-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP