Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree plan help
Hi you guys! Wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum for all your help. However I was wondering if one of you guys can go over my degree plan for my bsba in general management and feel free to critique. The highlighted courses are ones I have completed btw.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/frs8xoa77blg5t....xlsx?dl=0
I would switch out some courses to make things easier:

Business in Society/Int'l Business: Study.com's BUS 120: International Business
Business Communications: BUS 113: Business Communication

I would also take some of the free courses for your Free Electives, instead of paying for them. Insurance Ethics, Sophia, TEEX, etc.

Also, any reason you're taking an UL TECEP for $225 instead of a cheaper option? You can take Study.com's MARK 306: Principles of Selling or Davar's Principles of Sales instead of the Sales TECEP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • gherna67
(11-23-2018, 12:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would also take some of the free courses for your Free Electives, instead of paying for them.  Insurance Ethics, Sophia, TEEX, etc.

And here's some more info about these https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(11-23-2018, 12:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would switch out some courses to make things easier:

I would also take some of the free courses for your Free Electives, instead of paying for them.  Insurance Ethics, Sophia, TEEX, etc.

Also, any reason you're taking an UL TECEP for $225 instead of a cheaper option?  You can take Study.com's MARK 306: Principles of Selling or Davar's Principles of Sales instead of the Sales TECEP.

Well for starters, I would like to disclaim that in my experience I've found SDC courses a tad tedious (with all the quiz's, final projects and then final exam) However I was unaware that they had an option for BUS-120 and BUS-113
I'm going to take your advice however and sub them in. As for my learning style I've opted for a lot of SL credits mostly due to the simplicity of the platform. Each subject contains generally less than 10 tests then a final and if you do well enough up until the final you don't have to stress to terribly to get an amazing grade on it.
OP, I like the StraighterLine format as well for the exact reasons you mentioned. I generally inform people to use SL for LL and Study.com for UL AOS and courses not offered by SL. In fact, if you like SL/Study.com, the entire degree can be completed with the two providers alone.

Your degree plan works fine, you may want to compare your plan with the one I created in my signature post #27/28 - as there are some other courses I would recommend vs what you have entered. For example, the Oral Comm you've entered SL, it'll take a little while longer and 3 videos to complete, vs the Study.com Presentation Skills 120 - can be done in a few hours.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-23-2018, 01:26 PM)gherna67 Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 12:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would switch out some courses to make things easier:

Also, any reason you're taking an UL TECEP for $225 instead of a cheaper option?  You can take Study.com's MARK 306: Principles of Selling or Davar's Principles of Sales instead of the Sales TECEP.

Well for starters, I would like to disclaim that in my experience I've found SDC courses a tad tedious (with all the quiz's, final projects and then final exam) However I was unaware that they had an option for BUS-120 and BUS-113
I'm going to take your advice however and sub them in. As for my learning style I've opted for a lot of SL credits mostly due to the simplicity of the platform. Each subject contains generally less than 10 tests then a final and if you do well enough up until the final you don't have to stress to terribly to get an amazing grade on it.

Re: SL vs. Study.com - Study.com offers UL courses, and SL doesn't (except the few that TESU will bring in as UL, but they still aren't technically UL courses).  So yes, I would think that an UL course is going to be more work in general than a LL course.

Re: switching out the 2 courses I suggested - you are already taking Study.com courses for the 2 courses I mentioned, so it's not like I was telling you to switch to them as an entirely new provider.  Also, I suggested that you switch out UL courses (with quizzes, final projects and final exams) for shorter, easier LL courses without projects.

Re: the TECEP - Davar offers the same UL course (without the Study.com setup), so I'm just not sure why you'd choose a TECEP when you can choose something cheaper.  But feel free to use whatever methods/courses you want.  But you did ask for a critique of your plan, I offered one including a way to save time and money.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Action Plan Indy73 2 664 12-03-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Indy73
  Coursera Plan of Attack spohara 0 560 09-02-2022, 11:16 AM
Last Post: spohara
  Will a basic plan work for me while I submit my SDC assignments? acethroughcollege 2 700 05-25-2022, 11:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  StraighterLine - Degree after 50! bjcheung77 4 1,379 04-03-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: NC Coach
  TEEX courses already applied to degree Seagull 6 1,148 03-31-2021, 10:44 AM
Last Post: P226mem
  college degree estherkay 12 1,899 03-18-2021, 03:15 PM
Last Post: estherkay
  Foreigner: any way to get a degree online - no CLEP DSST tomokaicho 21 2,496 01-22-2021, 01:29 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  Degree from Sophia Courses Alone? McManus 8 3,709 12-11-2020, 03:35 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Which Study.com plan did you pick? collegechick 13 2,095 09-25-2020, 02:14 PM
Last Post: ARhead
  Shmoop ACE Plan Changes? Tedium 80 7,966 09-09-2020, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Merlin