Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree planning TESU
"A minimum of a lower second-class UK Bachelor’s degree or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard in Mathematics, or mathematical content of 50% or more." That is the exact entry requirement. I am applying for a PGCE mathematics and a second class is equivalent to 3.0/4.0 gpa
It doesn't specify a stem degree but rather a degree with 50 or more stem specifically in this instance maths content.
LOL... 5 minutes is all it took! You can go for a BALS NSM at TESU and call it a day, make sure to take a bunch of UL and LL Math courses.

Equivalent qualifications for United States of America
The award of any of the following from a recognised institution:

Bachelor's degree with a final CGPA of 3.0/4.0

You'll be fine as per this link: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-studen...quirements
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-13-2022, 06:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL... 5 minutes is all it took!  You can go for a BALS NSM at TESU and call it a day, make sure to take a bunch of UL and LL Math courses.  

Equivalent qualifications for United States of America
The award of any of the following from a recognised institution:

Bachelor's degree with a final CGPA of 3.0/4.0

You'll be fine as per this link: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-studen...quirements

Why not just go for a BA in Mathematics?  I'd think it would be easier than getting 50% of all credits in math to fit a BALS NSM

https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/mathematics
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

allvia Wrote:Why not just go for a BA in Mathematics?  I'd think it would be easier than getting 50% of all credits in math to fit a BALS NSM

https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/mathematics

Time is of the essence, they need a BALS NSM to by end of August. If they can get accepted into the Masters degree program by September, it's going to be really hard to finish a BA Math. The BALS NSM would be more manageable... but, the earliest graduation would be September. They may be able to get their transcripts showing the "degree requirements" completed by end of July, but they won't get conferred in time...

I would suggest an AALS Math & Science concentration and a UMPI BLS with Math and Management Minors, the AALS Math is given, the Math minor is just for accumulation of credit to show you have up to 30 credits in Math, the Management minor is to get you the residency credits needed for the degree. This might be cheapest, easiest, fastest to get your degree in time... I wonder if you can make it in time for this... decisions, decisions...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm still waiting on the transcripts i sent to universities to see what and how they will allocate my credits, then i can decide. yes I'm leaning towards excelsior simply because they have monthly graduation dates. i found this whilst looking for Sophia-excelsior equivalencies does this mean they accept eng comp from sophia now?
https://www.excelsior.edu/wp-content/upl...y_2022.pdf
Yes, Excelsior accepts Sophia English. If you've already completed Sophia English, that's fine. If you haven't, either ONU or Study.com's accepted English courses should be significantly faster and easier to complete.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
The exact definition of mathematical content is the key.
You need 60 credits of it...
(02-14-2022, 09:44 AM)Kab Wrote: The exact definition of mathematical content is the key.

Good catch. Yes. Remember that other countries don't have the same gen eds that we do. It's more like WGU than like TESU. So it's half of the whole degree and probably NOT half of the major. Which means that TESU's math degree is probably the only solution. Unfortunately, it does also mean that you probably won't make the graduation date you want.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-14-2022, 09:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 09:44 AM)Kab Wrote: The exact definition of mathematical content is the key.

Good catch. Yes. Remember that other countries don't have the same gen eds that we do. It's more like WGU than like TESU. So it's half of the whole degree and probably NOT half of the major. Which means that TESU's math degree is probably the only solution. Unfortunately, it does also mean that you probably won't make the graduation date you want.

update:  I emailed the admissions team, so it does not have to be exclusively maths. 
"At least 50% subject related modules will suffice. " apparently physics is subject related to maths the example they gave was that they accept engineering graduates for this program despite their degree not  being 50% exclusively maths but rather maths and maths related content. " Briefly looking at your transcript, modules such as Electrical engineering, Computational statistics, Mechanics, Biomathematics, Quantitative analysis would be accepted as maths related content."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,482 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 589 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 489 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 516 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 271 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,313 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 247 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 396 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 373 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az