Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficulty of Two Capstones + SOS COURSE + 3 LL courses in 1 Semester
Hello, I hope everyone is having a good day.

In a couple of months, I'll be taking my 16 CR.

I'm wondering if taking the Two Capstones (BUS & LIB) + SOS COURSE + 3 LL (3cr +3cr +1cr) courses in one semester is doable.

I'm not sure if it'll be too demanding; if it is, I' may drop the BSBA major.
If you're going to two capstones, it's probably better to pre-study for a couple of ePacks instead of doing actual courses. That said, it also depends on the LL course. There is at least one person here who did the BSBA capstone, the BA capstone, and a few other courses during one term. It'll be a lot of work, though. If you have a job, it might not be possible. Even if you are focused on your studies, you might have to pay for one or more course extensions.

Still cheaper than the waiver, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Lightorb333
(09-25-2021, 10:47 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you're going to two capstones, it's probably better to pre-study for a couple of ePacks instead of doing actual courses. That said, it also depends on the LL course. There is at least one person here who did the BSBA capstone, the BA capstone, and a few other courses during one term. It'll be a lot of work, though. If you have a job, it might not be possible. Even if you are focused on your studies, you might have to pay for one or more course extensions.

So start pre-studying (the course book?) now. , until I start the course
Also, I had no idea we could request course extensions thanks!
Yes, you can pay for extensions. Make sure that you know the requirements: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/course-extension

Each extension is (as of right now) $236: https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
This is how you may want to play things: Take the Cornerstone/2 Capstones with 2 easy E-Packs and the PLA 100 course. If you really need the extra time, then extending one or both of the capstones should be all that is required. The Cornerstone/2 E-Packs should not need an extension at all, for the e-packs, take something that you require for your degree or interests you.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Personally (as someone completing a capstone this weekend) I would try and avoid doing anything else besides the two capstones, unless you are a really fast and efficient researcher and writer and have done a lot of precisely formatted APA assignments.

I think a lot depends on the professor you get for the capstone, and also how much effort you put into it. For me, my one capstone is many hours per week. But then... I've put a lot of work into my capstone and am really getting a lot out of it. For example, my capstone paper is going to come in at about 48 pages not including the annotated bio (another ~15 pages for my ~60 sources). But other folks in the class are doing capstone topics that I'm imagining must be really difficult to come up with 25 sources and 25 pages worth of stuff to say, so they might be knocking the work out in 1/4 of the time I am.

Are the other courses you're doing ones you *have* to do at TESU? Could you do them through alternative sources (Coopersmith, SDC, etc.?) If that's a possibility, it would be both less expensive and give you a lot more flexibility on when you complete the work.
(09-25-2021, 10:53 AM)Lightorb333 Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 10:47 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you're going to two capstones, it's probably better to pre-study for a couple of ePacks instead of doing actual courses. That said, it also depends on the LL course. There is at least one person here who did the BSBA capstone, the BA capstone, and a few other courses during one term. It'll be a lot of work, though. If you have a job, it might not be possible. Even if you are focused on your studies, you might have to pay for one or more course extensions.

So start pre-studying (the course book?) now. , until I start the course
Also, I had no idea we could request course extensions thanks!

You can pre-study for an e-Pack course; which is not the same as a regular course.  It's exactly like a TECEP exam, except that you actually get some study materials built in the course, but they don't count towards your grade.  So it is 100% based on your score on the exam only.

There are a VERY limited number of e-Pack courses, it's not like you can choose anything, unfortunately.  I'm going to suggest CIS-107: Computer Concepts & Applications, which was a very easy TECEP exam for me. And then another that sounds easy.

Explanation of the format of the course: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/e-pack-courses
List of courses: https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=...1571680140
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If you have enough time on your hands, then 16cr with the two capstones is doable.

You are looking at around 80hrs +/-20hrs for each capstone
SOS-110 is about 40hrs, super easy, just busywork. You can't get lower than a B in the course even if you turn in complete crap.

If you cherry-pick TESU courses, you can find ones that take 20hrs or less.

I think you would need around 20-25hr week on average to commit to your TESU studies for 12 weeks.  Plan on the first two weeks being hard as you get used to the TESU system.

PHI-130 Critical Reasoning is straightforward, took me around 15hrs, no books, tests you only need to study glossary terms.

PLA-100 took me like 3hrs for the entire course, no book either. (that course only lasted one month) BS course.

Most I took was 4 TESU courses in one term, but I also did 4+ challenging CS Study.com courses while I was doing TESU courses.

I did both Capstones (separate terms).  The Liberal Arts capstone is just one paper you have to do. The assignments are just parts of the final paper.

These TESU courses are designed for you to succeed with a lot of free 100% forum points.  Some people are anal about going for the A and end up overthinking each assignment.  I got all A's for all my 6 courses and made the President's List twice in the process without stressing too much.

You could try to hack TESU courses (sry The Ministry of Truth DF mods), I mean with caring and love and the utmost respect for academic integrity, prepare for classes ahead of time.

I think reading books is a waste of time, though you could try and write your entire Liberal Arts Capstone ahead of time since they let you pick your topic.  The big test you have to face is the Business Capstone midterm. You could study ahead for it.

Given your track record of getting through difficult courses, you should be able to handle doing 16cr.  The key is working ahead so the deadlines don't creep up on you.  There is an option to do an extension if you need it.  If you do turn something in late which I have done, they just take off a few points, but you survive.  Make a spreadsheet to keep track of your deadlines.

gl whatever you decide.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • rachel83az
(09-25-2021, 08:43 PM)LevelUP Wrote: If you cherry-pick TESU courses, you can find ones that take 20hrs or less.

I think reading books is a waste of time, though you could try and write your entire Liberal Arts Capstone ahead of time since they let you pick your topic.  The big test you have to face is the Business Capstone midterm. You could study ahead for it.

Taking something like CIS-107: Computer Concepts & Applications, CMP-202: Foundations of IT, and COS-101: Intro to Computers might be another way to go.  I can imagine that there would be so much overlap and make life really easy to take these at the same time.

I personally loved Pride & Prejudice and have read it many times (in addition to seeing all kind of movies), so I would certainly read that book again right before taking the course.  That would be a pleasure for me (and only 1cr to boot).

Applied Liberal Arts Math or Intermediate Algebra would be easy, especially for someone who took College Algebra & Stats.  Liberal Arts Math was by far the easiest exam I took, and definitely the easiest TECEP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • LevelUP
(09-25-2021, 08:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 08:43 PM)LevelUP Wrote: If you cherry-pick TESU courses, you can find ones that take 20hrs or less.

Taking something like CIS-107: Computer Concepts & Applications, CMP-202: Foundations of IT, and COS-101: Intro to Computers might be another way to go.  I can imagine that there would be so much overlap and make life really easy to take these at the same time.

I personally loved Pride & Prejudice and have read it many times (in addition to seeing all kind of movies), so I would certainly read that book again right before taking the course.  That would be a pleasure for me (and only 1cr to boot).

Applied Liberal Arts Math or Intermediate Algebra would be easy, especially for someone who took College Algebra & Stats.  Liberal Arts Math was by far the easiest exam I took, and definitely the easiest TECEP.

I also agree with the suggestion that the epack CIS-107 should be easy for a Computer Science major though many other people find it easy as well. Don't study, try their quiz, if you can score 75% on it, you should have no problems with the exam.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NqOT...OcvzA/edit

The Jane Austin Pride & Prejudice is only offered for certain terms:  (Oct 2021, Jan 2022)
https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=ENG-298&sem=

Jane Austin I saw the movie before, it is a good movie.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 226 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Taking Math Courses at TESU legenwait4itdary 5 511 02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Two capstones in one term Yenisei 4 351 01-19-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Two Capstones and Cornerstone in one term? TESU BUS-421, LIB-495, & SOS-110. CanICode 11 1,431 07-24-2023, 07:05 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  TESU Courses gams007 38 3,724 05-07-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Possible to take Graduate Courses while completing a Bachelor's Degree? Ninjadude 6 567 03-16-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - BACS, where to take courses? mt_1994 11 1,273 02-09-2023, 04:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to withdraw courses under new system? jch 1 585 01-22-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: KsT
  Does TESU ever accept Edx.org courses? Wayne195 1 741 01-06-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az