Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dissertation-Only DBA in Supply Chain Management
Capitol Technology University has a new DBA in Supply Chain Management. All of Capitol's doctoral programs are dissertation-only. The DBA also allows three published articles in high-impact journals in lieu of a dissertation. I don't know if this program will allow up to 42 transfer credits like most of the others. 

https://www.captechu.edu/degrees-and-programs/doctoral-degrees/supply-chain-management-dba
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • Ideas, KSoul
Seems like students take 3 courses about the subject matter, then 2 research-related courses, then start dissertation.

(01-13-2022, 12:47 PM)Ideas Wrote: Seems like students take 3 courses about the subject matter, then 2 research-related courses, then start dissertation.

They're not subject matter courses. They had to break down the credits that way for financial aid purposes and also because the American higher education system is designed around credit hours. Within the earlier courses, you'll take the CITI certification courses, which just about every doctoral program requires when working with human subjects. You'll also go through a self-paced academic writing course offered through a third-party vendor. You'll explore which topics you want to research; based on your topics of interest, they'll match you up with a chair. 

Once a topic is selected, you'll fill out an ARB form to have it approved. Then, you'll fill out the IRB form. Once approved by the IRB, you'll start working on the dissertation proposal. After that's approved, you can start your research for the dissertation.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Ideas
I checked the link out, I can't seem to find what ARB/IRB forms are.  
Is the CITI Cert from this one here? Research, Ethics, and Compliance Training | CITI Program

For those wondering, their fees:
Tuition
Per credit - $933
3-credit course - $2,799
https://mycapitol.captechu.edu/ICS/Colle...2-2023.jnz
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Ideas
The ARB form is an internal document Captech requires to have your dissertation topic approved. IRB stands for Institutional Review Board. Just about every university has one to determine whether your research has potential ethics violations and whether you're taking the steps to ensure subjects' rights to privacy, well-being, and informed consent. Non-academic organizations also submit their research to IRBs for independent review.

Yes, that is the ethics training provider used. It's the most popular provider of research ethics training, which is required by IRBs when working with animal or human subjects.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 Online EdD Programs No Dissertation Required (Applied Capstone Projects) Imbanewbie 2 558 02-08-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Spain Inter-University Doctoral Programme in Business & Management durain 3 782 11-14-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Doctor of Management (DM) - 42 Credits/TRACS - about $16K USD bjcheung77 8 2,147 06-15-2023, 11:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any All-But-Dissertation (ABD) Doctorate in Psychology (Psy.D./Ph.D.) programs? PositiveSoul 6 1,717 02-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  The (new) Virtual Dissertation Defense Alpha 7 1,277 05-24-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  New Computer Science and Engineering Management PhDs at CapTech sanantone 19 2,146 04-20-2022, 06:57 PM
  Emporia PhD Library & Info Management (3 concentrations) bjcheung77 2 909 12-28-2021, 11:23 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Doctor of Plant Medicine, no dissertation sanantone 7 1,761 09-25-2021, 09:22 PM
  Walden PhD in Management - Completion (ACBSP) - 1.25 years - $18,650 bjcheung77 9 2,705 09-24-2020, 07:17 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Hybrid Ed.D, No Dissertation sanantone 3 1,571 02-22-2019, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Sagan