Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dlpt5?
This is sharing experience about my DLPT5 exam 2011

Test was taken in military base , score 3/2+ on DLPT5 CM

Personal opinion, I felt the test itself is design for English speaker.

Test is long, I remember it almost took me whole day. There will be lunch time in between and make sure you have breakfast, I was dying that morning when I took the test because I had nothing but one apple.

part of Listening is brutal, and so as reading, I remember reading something off culture revolution ( WHO KNOW THAT WILL BE IN THE TEST? I DON'T THINK EVEN NATIVE KNOW THAT UNLESS THEY ARE OLD) and there will be A LOT of gibberish and accent involvement, some obvious video clip mix with radio sound,at least in CM.
CM reading might be harder that Listening because the test itself if very tricky, for sometime all you can see is obvious grammatical incorrect absolutely no sense making English or Chinese, but you must make choice; there for, you pick the one that seems contain LEAST WRONG answer and pray very hard.

Test is offer by computerize program, so is same as military will remember; more question you answer correctly and the test will adjust itself to get harder, once you get wrong it will drop the difficulty and restart climb process until it finally get stabilize somewhere near the end. This is my suggestion: calculate your 100% sure answer and difficult ratio, and make sensible guess to reach the very hard question, and then guess out couple of those very difficult question to ensure you got enough time to focus on mid to low tier lv question to make it count. I don't think I miss much on low lv question but problem is I think I guess out few harder question and suddenly had bunch of them at chain and got all of them wrong during stabilize period. I am not yet taking the test again, and I believe if I improve my English I will get much better result. As soon as you realize your question is getting easier, and this tells you you got last question wrong.

BTW I seen someone taking Spanish in college and had taken 6 month Language course and NOT pass DLPT/OPI, so it is not entirely the LANGUAGE's fault or the difficulty of LANGUAGE but the familiarity and adjustment issue towards the test.

Don't know I can really talk about DLPT or NOT, But also got my ACE credit from DLI, to top off the worth while for my shock and awe and headache.
I just wanted to chime in and say "nice screen name," haha.
Hey 68W, I'm a first term 35P at DLI right now for Korean with a grad date of 18 JUL. Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for sharing your experience, not looking forward to my DLPT in July hah.