Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you guy excercise? If so, what do you do?
Johann Wrote:Great! But I live in Canada! They could find my frozen corpse at the bus stop in the spring. Even so, I suppose I could get some exercise running for that bus, but I might slip on the ice, break a hip (I'm 73) and then it's curtains! I'd try an exhilarating round of snow-shovelling, but I live in an apartment and it's all done by hired guns - or is that goons? I think they're grunt-level Mafia guys, on temporary layoff due to lack of "contracts." Even the Underworld economy is lousy, here. These poor fellas really need the money, so they don't want my help.

Exercise keeps your brain clear? Not for me, then. I like my DL courses. My instructors (and I) would go into shock if the fog ever lifted! I think it's best to keep to my present routine: running for the bus - only in summer; walking to Tim Hortons (coffee); standing in line at McDonalds for the "senior" deal on cookies.

So much activity - I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I think I'll go lie down for a while... Smile

J.

Ha ha...it surely is different strokes for different folks. I live in the mountains and love the cold. I didn't mention because it isn't a daily routine but I splitboard, mountaineer and ice climb so I would take that (and snow shoveling) over the beach any day. Big Grin
[COLOR="#696969"][SIZE=2]BSBA Marketing Goal
Completed since starting on 2/20/16:
[INDENT]TECEP: Sales Management, English Comp I & II, Technical Writing (93%)
UExcel: Principles of Marketing LL
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of Marketing UL
Study.com: American Government, Intro to World Religions, Human Resource Management (91), Organizational Behavior
SL: Intro to Comm, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Accounting I & II, Managerial Accounting, Intro to Sociology, Business Law
Penn Foster: Financial Management (97%), Strategic Business Management
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Statistics
The Institutes: Insurance Ethics
TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
Kaplan: PLA101, PLA102
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/INDENT]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CC '97: 6-10 GEN ED Credits
I just run/jog around the neighborhood
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I used to be super active. I danced professionally, taught dance, did aerial fabric, salsa, swimming, roller skating, biking... now with my injuries I don't do squat. Housework feels like exercise now, and I'm usually exhausted and super achy when it's done - and that's with one thing at a time - i.e. sweeping.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
SweetSecret Wrote:I used to be super active. I danced professionally, taught dance, did aerial fabric, salsa, swimming, roller skating, biking... now with my injuries I don't do squat. Housework feels like exercise now, and I'm usually exhausted and super achy when it's done - and that's with one thing at a time - i.e. sweeping.

That's exactly how I feel now. After my wife and I decided to have two kids, we've not had the chance to "exercise and keep fit".
I feel a lot more tired than I used to, and that's just in a few years. I'm looking for some quick ways to get back into shape.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I run and bike. I bike in the morning (20 miles on my indoor bike at level 12. Yes, it is hard and yes I do sweat in bunches) and run in the afternoon. I run 5 miles a day and 7 a day during weekends. I have been running since 1980 (yes, high school and college). My biking mileage is around 120 a week, running 35-40 miles a week. Smile
Exercising makes me feel great. I love being physically fit. Although I do struggle to stay fit during the winter and maintain an ideal diet, I have always found my physical health to correlate with my mental well-being. Belly fat is related to all sorts of negative health effects, including stress.
My advice is to:
a) Buy a good treadmill and incrementally increase your distance/speed. Get on it everyday.
b) Change your diet immediately to avoid all processed foods. Adopt a healthy diet. Substitute drinks with water.

Yes, to exercise you will need to exert energy and it may be a boring 25 minutes of your day, but in the other 23 hours and 30 minutes of your day you will find a new-found sense of self confidence, well-being, and energy which will keep you coming back for more. Enjoy!

I run 3 miles twice per week (8 minutes/mile), coach tennis, and have recently begun a strength training regimen. I approach my diet as if it were a hobby. Eg. How can I make better choices and not give in to the food industry's agenda? How can I not drink the punch today? etc.
Finished: BA Liberal Studies TESU 2016

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale
Good old school calisthenics; pushups, pullups, squats, presses, leg raises. I always ended up injured (sooner or later) with weight training and I would rather buy a class than a gym membership lol.

Besides calisthenics also build flexibility and nothing makes you feel middle aged (or older) than inflexibility in your movements.
My 12-yo son has gotten into wrestling now, and when he discussed weight training, my hubby said no - all you need to stay fit is some running/walking, jumping on the trampoline, jumping rope, etc. And to build muscle (especially important for a growing kid who shouldn't be stressing his body with weights), he says sit ups, push ups and pull ups are all you need. I swear he is right, my kid is SO strong at this point, it's ridiculous. Not an ounce of fat, and just kind of regular, short amounts of movement as opposed to "working out" or anything like that. 5 minutes spent jumping rope against your sister is a GREAT workout (it just about kills me) and they always have fun and never think they're doing anything good for them!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That's great for the kids! Mine are a bit on the young side but they like the playground.
Slides, swings, sand... It's excercise cleaning up after them. That's my current routine :p
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I like rowing machines. They provide cardiovascular and almost full-body, strength training workouts that are low impact. The Concept 2 is the gold standard, but it'll cost around $900. Stamina offers decent, cheaper alternatives for under $400. You can find some other brands for just under $200, but they aren't close substitutes for the Concept 2. I also like recumbent bikes because it's easy to exercise and watch TV at the same time. I bought one for less than $150 from Walmart.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P