Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Charter Oak grant 3rd degrees?
I know Excelsior will grant a third degree with restrictions, but I couldn't find anything for Charter Oak.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
They do have a specific set of requirements for a SECOND degree. I'm willing to bet that they would allow a student the same flexibility for a third degree. It might be worth sending an email to the person listed on the the webpage.

Second Baccalaureate Candidates - Charter Oak State College
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
Thanks. I'll probably just call or email them. Excelsior's website or catalog or wherever I saw it specifically says they will award third degrees. I know TESC has a limit of two at the associates and bachelors level.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Second Baccalaureate Candidates - Charter Oak State College specifically for secondsies, but they even mention the process if you had a masters...so I suspect a thirdsy would be evaluated similarly.

Possible...but why? This seems an odd request of you given the concentration vs major issue. What are you thinking of pursuing?
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
What do you mean? I don't have a problem with COSC's concentrations. I just don't think an unofficial concentration should be listed as if it were an official major. For example, I don't think a BS in Individualized Studies or BS in General Studies with a concentration in Individualized Studies with an emphasis on health science should be listed as a BS in Health Science.

I can't remember exactly what my plan was because it changes every week, but I think it consisted of getting a second degree at TESC and a third one at EC or COSC.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Has this issue about "Does Charter Oak grant 3rd degrees?" been resolved?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm taking courses at Study.com toward an English degree to humor my parents, as they're not youngsters anymore, so they wanted me to earn a degree, as soon as possible, should something happen to either or both of them. They're paying my online studies and can't afford expensive colleges. I have about 80 credits, which I started taking just after reading on TESU's website that a person should first start taking Study.com courses, then apply to TESU when most or all the necessary courses have been completed (https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/how-to-get-started), followed by transferring in the credits. My plan was, until I saw this thread on the internet, to complete my English degree for my parents' sake as well as that I'm teaching English extra classes a few hours per week to children that battle with it, to have a small income while studying for my degree, and then earn a Computer Science degree, which I'm also good at, since I would only need 24 additional credits to earn a 2nd bachelors degree. If I am forced to look for a full-time job after these 2 bachelor degrees, then at least I have a professional qualification.

However, my end goal is a bachelors degree in chemistry or physics from COSC, which will be my 3rd bachelors degree and that will take very long, I presume, because I used to suck at mathematics, but I am working on becoming better at math because I'm not a complete idiot; only a terrible math foundation was laid in primary school which caused me to get poor marks. All is different now thanks to Khan and Math-U-See, although I had to lay a new foundation myself by going back to grade 3 and working my way up from there. (Still not quite there, but it's coming along quite well--high-school level now). So I need and obviously want these 3 bachelor degrees. How can I make this happen? What advice can you provide or maybe even a possible plan that might speed things up. Any advice is most welcome.
I never received an answer.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(12-15-2018, 07:04 PM)4dog Wrote: The reason I'm asking is because I'm taking courses at Study.com toward an English degree to humor my parents, as they're not youngsters anymore, so they wanted me to earn a degree, as soon as possible, should something happen to either or both of them. They're paying my online studies and can't afford expensive colleges. I have about 80 credits, which I started taking just after reading on TESU's website that a person should first start taking Study.com courses, then apply to TESU when most or all the necessary courses have been completed (https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/how-to-get-started), followed by transferring in the credits. My plan was, until I saw this thread on the internet, to complete my English degree for my parents' sake as well as that I'm teaching English extra classes a few hours per week to children that battle with it, to have a small income while studying for my degree, and then earn a Computer Science degree, which I'm also good at, since I would only need 24 additional credits to earn a 2nd bachelors degree. If I am forced to look for a full-time job after these 2 bachelor degrees, then at least I have a professional qualification.

However, my end goal is a bachelors degree in chemistry or physics  from COSC, which will be my 3rd bachelors degree and that will take very long, I presume, because I used to suck at mathematics, but I am working on becoming better at math because I'm not a complete idiot; only a terrible math foundation was laid in primary school which caused me to get poor marks. All is different now thanks to Khan and Math-U-See, although I had to lay a new foundation myself by going back to grade 3 and working my way up from there. (Still not quite there, but it's coming along quite well--high-school level now). So I need and obviously want these 3 bachelor degrees. How can I make this happen? What advice can you provide or maybe even a possible plan that might speed things up. Any advice is most welcome.

Personally I think you should skip the English degree and go right to CompSci, because it became a lot quicker to do CompSci a few months ago and you said you're good at the subject. Nearly all of the English-teaching places don't care what your degree is in.

I asked my COSC adviser about this maybe 6 months ago and she said they don't like to give multiple BA's because going on to your MA is better value for money for the student. I asked her if she could just find out for me anyway and she said she would, but never got back to me. I asked her again a few times, the latest one last week, and never got an answer.

At Excelsior I believe you have to petition the dean to get a 3rd BA, but I could be wrong about that.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Ideas, I see you are currently working on a BA Computer Science/English degree. Is this a dual degree? If you have a degree plan for this, I might be able to follow it and earn the same degree as this is what I want to earn, although I think it would be more impressive to have two separate degrees especially for a resume. Please provide me with your degree plan if you don't mind. I'd like to scan it to see if it will work for me since I've already completed courses such as English Lit and American Lit. I'm currently busy with Intro to Criminal Justice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Charter Oak Requiring 80% Study.com Course Grades Jonathan Whatley 44 5,768 06-28-2022, 01:58 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Does Cosc waive GE for second degrees or needs to be met? Kab 7 1,591 02-10-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Charter Oak - Statistics rachel83az 0 972 02-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Charter Oak Application Time Table nilahti2 3 1,638 09-21-2020, 09:16 AM
  Physics Concentration at Charter Oak State College sciencemathematics1 19 3,508 07-20-2020, 01:44 PM
Last Post: conflitz
  Charter Oak Grad Credit for Undergrad? Clepper43 3 1,316 07-17-2020, 01:06 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  Does Charter Oak still accept ALEKS? Gooberman11 1 1,175 07-16-2020, 02:18 PM
  Charter Oak ends FEMA IS credits 6\1\2020 Glen1 18 4,007 07-02-2020, 07:38 PM
Last Post: shaas
  Charter Oaks CyberSecurity indigoshuffle 7 1,756 04-28-2020, 03:35 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Charter Oaks Computer Science Credits Shyjbh 1 1,147 04-24-2020, 05:19 PM
Last Post: natshar