Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Straighterline Replace Failed Courses From Previous Colleges?
Depending on what you need you might think about taking some community college courses (if they fit in your degree plan). It will be significantly less expensive than TESU depending on where you live. Or find out what your old college has as a policy for retaking those same courses. Then you would at least have some recent graded courses on an actual transcript. It just depends on your long-term plans. If you don't plan on grad school and just want to finish the degree you could most certainly finish up with ACE credits. But if you are thinking about continuing your education after getting your Bachelor's I would definitely look for some graded courses somewhere.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
Ideas Wrote:On most transcripts, they apparently cannot see the dates you got those grades. In that case, a person might need to provide an additional transcript from the school where they did poorly? To show how old they were? Maybe the employer or grad school would take our word for it that the 1 school with low grades was a long time ago.

I will have to double check my transcript but I am 99% sure my transcript is listed by term (I.E. FALL2016)

Checked My Transcripts from Hudson Valley Community College, Oakton Community College, and my girlfriends University of North Carolina Greensboro all list credits out by TERM so they all have the dates. Maybe I am the odd ball out and only have saw transcripts with dates.

Looking at the picture posted by JSD that transcript also lists dates taken actual courses. Look like transfer credits is the only thing that doesn't list out dates and that makes sense but I am sure my original CLEP transcript has dates. Otherwise how do Computer degree know if all the required credits are taken within XX amount of years.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Looking at the picture posted by JSD that transcript also lists dates taken actual courses. Look like transfer credits is the only thing that doesn't list out dates and that makes sense but I am sure my original CLEP transcript has dates. Otherwise how do Computer degree know if all the required credits are taken within XX amount of years.

Yeah I was only talking about transfers. The low grades from years ago, on a TESU transcript. I said that someone might have to prove those low grades were from years ago by sending the original transcript. Otherwise how do they know that the low grades were that old? They could have been from last semester, or they could be 20 years old.

rlw74 Wrote:Depending on what you need you might think about taking some community college courses (if they fit in your degree plan). It will be significantly less expensive than TESU depending on where you live. Or find out what your old college has as a policy for retaking those same courses. Then you would at least have some recent graded courses on an actual transcript.

I agree. Some community college courses are quite easy too, but I would suggest taking courses in the area of study instead of taking the easiest you can find.

I think that COSC has a way to get letter grades from SL courses.

Ideas Wrote:Yeah I was only talking about transfers. The low grades from years ago, on a TESU transcript. I said that someone might have to prove those low grades were from years ago by sending the original transcript. Otherwise how do they know that the low grades were that old? They could have been from last semester, or they could be 20 years old.
The transfer courses on a TESU transcript do not show grades, just units.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Ideas Wrote:Yeah I was only talking about transfers. The low grades from years ago, on a TESU transcript. I said that someone might have to prove those low grades were from years ago by sending the original transcript. Otherwise how do they know that the low grades were that old? They could have been from last semester, or they could be 20 years old.

TESU transcript won't show grades from transfer credit therefor no one would know the grade was sub par to begin with.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Oh, I keep forgetting. So, just find a grad school or employer who doesn't ask for the original transcripts Smile I am sure most will excuse credits which are very good, if they did see the originals.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 5 233 04-26-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Straighterline Spanish 1 yc1981 4 135 04-26-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,538 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 1,041 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 736 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 560 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 214 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 470,456 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,981 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 374 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya