Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. Lawrence R. Ness BUS-421 TESU
Okay, so the only option for the BUS-421 OL class is Dr. Lawrence R. Ness. For GS there is lampman. I know I should take OL because the free discussion forum points are basically gimmes. But the reviews for Ness are so few, there isn't much about him on the forum.

Does anyone have some feedback on Ness?

I could take GS for lampman who has good reviews.
(04-28-2023, 02:23 PM)CanICode Wrote: Okay, so the only option for the BUS-421 OL class is Dr. Lawrence R. Ness. For GS there is lampman. I know I should take OL because the free discussion forum points are basically gimmes. But the reviews for Ness are so few, there isn't much about him on the forum.

Are you starting May 1st?

Did you get the capstone unlocked? They won't let you enroll unless you have 100 credits and someone verifies it. 

I know it is possible to switch professors after you start. So that might be another option.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(04-29-2023, 07:29 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 02:23 PM)CanICode Wrote: Okay, so the only option for the BUS-421 OL class is Dr. Lawrence R. Ness. For GS there is lampman. I know I should take OL because the free discussion forum points are basically gimmes. But the reviews for Ness are so few, there isn't much about him on the forum.

Did you get the capstone unlocked? They won't let you enroll unless you have 100 credits and someone verifies it. 

I know it is possible to switch professors after you start. So that might be another option.

Yes, I ended up switching to GS instead of OL. I have both capstones unlocked. I can write an extra 5000 words to make sure I have someone I want. I don't think a 1000 words is actually that much. Maybe I lose 5 days at most writing. I doubt that I will though. I didn't know you could switch professors but it doesn't matter now. Lampman seems to be okay as long as you put in the work. And the one teacher doing online next term didn't seem to have that much better reviews so I think I made the right call.
I'm pretty sure I had Ness when I did my Capstone, had no issues.  IMO, the toughest thing about the TESU business capstone is the mid-term exam (and it is a major portion of your grade, same exam no matter who or what version you have) - Know Your Lists from the text book, and know them well, and then test yourself on them again. There are few quiz-lets out there that are helpful.  And even if you don't do as well as you thought and hoped on the mid-term, keep plugging along and don't give up until its over - the 'professor math' may work out in the end anyway (good writing might save you from a so-so midterm grade). In case I wasn't clear - Know Your Lists from the textbook (when you're in the course this statement becomes clear to what those lists actually are)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • origamishuttle
(04-30-2023, 04:21 PM)CanICode Wrote:

Yes, I ended up switching to GS instead of OL. I have both capstones unlocked. I can write an extra 5000 words to make sure I have someone I want. I don't think a 1000 words is actually that much. Maybe I lose 5 days at most writing. I doubt that I will though. I didn't know you could switch professors but it doesn't matter now. Lampman seems to be okay as long as you put in the work. And the one teacher doing online next term didn't seem to have that much better reviews so I think I made the right call.

Which courses are you taking this term?

I think you would be the first person on the forum to do 2 capstones in one term.

For me, the Liberal Arts capstone seemed to start slowly. Then once the presentation was due, you had to have a pretty good idea of what your paper was going to be about. 

The good news is that you will be able to see everything that will be due in all the courses from day 1, so you can plan things out and work ahead. Make a spreadsheet of due dates for everything. 

The first couple of weeks and the last couple of weeks may be the hardest.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle
We are sure CanICode CanDo2Capstones in the same term.

Later I´ll follow his lead Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrPanda's post:
  • CanICode
(05-01-2023, 12:33 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 04:21 PM)CanICode Wrote:

Which courses are you taking this term?

I think you would be the first person on the forum to do 2 capstones in one term.

For me, the Liberal Arts capstone seemed to start slowly. Then once the presentation was due, you had to have a pretty good idea of what your paper was going to be about. 

The good news is that you will be able to see everything that will be due in all the courses from day 1, so you can plan things out and work ahead. Make a spreadsheet of due dates for everything. 

The first couple of weeks and the last couple of weeks may be the hardest.

Hey LevelUP. Yes I am doing:

LIB-495 TESU
BUS-421 TESU
SOS-110 TESU
CMP-354 TESU TECEP
ENC-102 TESU TECEP

Study.com 8 BSBA courses. (6 are finance) (3 Done. 5 others quizzes all done. Waiting for reset to take more.)
Sophia Government. (Done)
TEL Psychology (No idea about the difficulty of this class and might swap it and take Psych at SDC and pick an easier TEL class to hit my 10 RA.)

This term.

I have decided on:

1. ASNSM Mathematics (Done after SOS-110 + ENC-120)
2. BACS (Done after SOS-110 + ENC-120 + LIB-421 + CMP-354)
3. BSBA Finance (Done after everything on this list)

Not doing:
4. BSBA CIS (Would be done after BUS-421 + SOS-110 + ENC-120)

I've decided not to do the CIS portion of the double degree plan and instead opted for finance. I would have loved to have them all but I don't want to do the 4 extra courses of which 3 will have to be RA credit and would probably be through TEL due to how overlapping works and how it is playing out. If there was an easier source for them I would do it in a heartbeat but I can't find easy RA credits.

I want to be done in July.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CanICode's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-06-2023, 01:12 AM)CanICode Wrote: I've decided not to do the CIS portion of the double degree plan and instead opted for finance.

CIS is irrelevant after you have a CS degree. Finance is a good option. From a learning perspective pretty much everything from CIS overlaps CS with the exception of digital marketing which is a valuable skill to learn. 

My strength is finance, and I almost decided to major in it. Most of the UL finance only requires one paper, so I could have done them in a day or two each.
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • CanICode, origamishuttle
(05-06-2023, 08:30 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-06-2023, 01:12 AM)CanICode Wrote: I've decided not to do the CIS portion of the double degree plan and instead opted for finance.

CIS is irrelevant after you have a CS degree. Finance is a good option. From a learning perspective pretty much everything from CIS overlaps CS with the exception of digital marketing which is a valuable skill to learn. 

My strength is finance, and I almost decided to major in it. Most of the UL finance only requires one paper, so I could have done them in a day or two each.

No doubt my friend. I have been sprinting SDC so much lately. I have gotten so much tertiary knowledge I feel like I can pass almost any course on that site now.

I am really thankful for your early guides and posts on a double degree. As I said I decided not to do CIS but I wouldn't have pursued the extra BSBA if I hadn't found your post. Thanks for paving the way. I got all the way to where I am in 4 months because someone else cleared a path. I appreciate you greatly.
@CanICode, I'm not sure what you mean when you mentioned you need an extra 3 courses that need to be RA for the CIS AOS. Basically, you need 30 RA total, if you've already got those 30 RA credits, you don't need to extra 3 courses for the CIS AOS. An example, if you've got 30 RA for the BSBA Finance, you can add the CIS AOS with all ACE/NCCRS credits.

I'm not sure how you guys can get the Study.com courses done in about 3 days for an upper level course, it takes me a tad longer for assignments/writing. StraighterLine was much easier as it's all exams, I could finish and do the final exam in 3 days. Anyways OP, you're so close, congrats on getting this far already! Good luck and have fun on what's left!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 725 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 272 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch