Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-Commerce
Does Shmoop/study.com Intro to E-Commerce come in as CIS-360 at TESU? That would be awesome for UL Computer Science credits.
Merlin just posted that they come in as that. That would be really nice.

This is how it was awarded for me as well.
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
(03-12-2018, 08:21 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 08:05 PM)Ideas Wrote: Merlin just posted that they come in as that. That would be really nice.

This is how it was awarded for me as well.

I was referring to Cheeseburrito's TESU assessment, but I do plan to take the course as well. Smile I am hopeful it may also slot into the marketing AOS under BSBA if I end up not using it for a CIS related specialization.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • badooble
I can confirm Shmoop Introduction to E-Commerce came in as CIS-360 E-Commerce on my eval.  Only a free elective on my BALS plan, but a nice UL find for business majors!
TESU: BALS Capstone
SNHU CfA: Intro to Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Argumentation & Communication, Intro to Mass Communications, Intro to Philosophy, World Lit I, Environmental Science, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Online Success, Skills for Business 
CLEP: Eng Comp 
Sophia.org: Effective Teams, Managing Conflict, Ancient Greek Philosophers
Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Info Literacy, Intro to Computing, Earth Science, A History of Vietnam War, Intro to Political Science, American Government, Database Management, Info Systems, Physical Geology
CSM Learn: The CSM Course
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 
Shmoop: History of Technology, Human Sexuality, U.S. History I & II, Classical Lit, The Bible as Lit, Psychology 101, Shakespeare's Plays, Professional Writing, Media Literacy, Journalism 101, Lit in the Media, Intro to E-Commerce
The Institutes: Ethics
TECEP: Computer Concepts and Applications
ALEKS: College Algebra
So, this will work for the AOS as a marketing course in the BSBA:GM, despite being labeled a "computer" course?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(04-01-2018, 04:19 PM)icampy Wrote: So, this will work for the AOS as a marketing course in the BSBA:GM, despite being labeled a "computer" course?

We don't know yet. Most e-commerce courses fall under marketing so that's my assumption here as well, but we won't know until it's tested. If so, it will probably count for both marketing and CIS.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Digital Marketing and E Commerce Professional Certificate now now ACE MNomadic 19 5,999 08-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  SDC E-Commerce omnk522 1 754 04-16-2019, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Merlin