Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC MAP
Hi all,  I have lurked a bit gathering info and wanted to thank everyone for their contributions over the years. 

My story is that I had an AS and ended up dropping out of a pretty good university about a decade ago due to financial issues (I was having to work FT while living on campus and it was tough).  I have wanted to finish my degree for a long time and this site finally got me pumped to make it happen.

I looked at a couple of schools and applied to see how credits would transfer.  I have settled on Excelsior College (university). Turns out I was closer to graduating than I remember and here is the MAP from EC:

.png   Screenshot (15).png (Size: 258.54 KB / Downloads: 53)

I am waiting for them to answer my question about taking/transferring over two study.com courses soon:

For my UL elective needs?
  • Sociology 305: Sociology of Work
  • (Social Sciences)
  • 3 upper

For my UL Ethics Need:

• Business 318: Management Ethics
  • (Business Ethics Core)
  • 3 upper
I know I will need to take the 7 credits at EC, my hope it to get these two done and then find two more SDC courses and I should be good to just knock out the 7EC credits. 

Question being.. Is this looking good or am I missing something? I do hope to use the EC degree to get into a masters program eventually, likely at Oregon State or somewhere else that has an environmental science or natural resource program.  How successful have people been at getting into masters programs after obtaining an EC degree? It may help that I have worked in that field for about 15 years now.
Thanks!
Business 318: Management Ethics should come in as UL A&S course
Sociology 305: Sociology of Work will come in as UL A&S course
So looks like you'd still need another UL A&S course (says you need 8cr, and those are only 6cr)

Then, you need anything UL for 9 more credits in Free Electives - so you can take A&S courses, or Business, or Computers, or whatever.

Since we can't see what you've actually brought in, we can't tell you what to take.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-20-2022, 07:29 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Business 318: Management Ethics should come in as UL A&S course
Sociology 305: Sociology of Work will come in as UL A&S course
So looks like you'd still need another UL A&S course (says you need 8cr, and those are only 6cr)

Then, you need anything UL for 9 more credits in Free Electives - so you can take A&S courses, or Business, or Computers, or whatever.

Since we can't see what you've actually brought in, we can't tell you what to take.

OK great, sounds like I'm on the right track.

Everything I brought in UL was hard science such as Microbio, ornithology, parasitology and the like, nothing that the tests or online courses offer (which means I wont likely duplicate).

I JUST (literally) got confirmation from EC:
                    I hope all is well!  Okay, so yes, I can approve the following via Study.com

Sociology 305: Sociology of Work - 3 upper level credits in arts and sciences
                     Business 318:  Management Ethics - 3 upper level credits & fulfills our Ethics core

So for the record, these transfer over as of today.
Unfortunately these sound a bit dull to complete, but fortunately they are pertinent to my current job.

I have also been checking out the Coopersmith courses, a few of them look pretty interesting. Do we know how well those transfer over these days?
My goodness, you're so very close to completing this degree! Instead of Coppersmith, I would recommend going for NCCRS sources, you can take some at Davar Academy and LawShelf for the Applied Professional courses required. You need to recap the number of courses and the credits required. Just a note, the Cornerstone and Capstone in your case should be UL as you transferred over 60 credits already, thus the Cornerstone required will be UL. Lawshelf is just $35/course, their transfer guide is here: https://lawshelf.com/assets/pdf/Excelsior.pdf
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-21-2022, 03:03 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Instead of Coppersmith, I would recommend going for NCCRS sources

I presume you meant "other NCCRS sources"? Coopersmith is NCCRS.  Smile
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-21-2022, 03:03 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: My goodness, you're so very close to completing this degree!  Instead of Coppersmith, I would recommend going for NCCRS sources, you can take some at Davar Academy and LawShelf for the Applied Professional courses required.  You need to recap the number of courses and the credits required.  Just a note, the Cornerstone and Capstone in your case should be UL as you transferred over 60 credits already, thus the Cornerstone required will be UL.  Lawshelf is just $35/course, their transfer guide is here: https://lawshelf.com/assets/pdf/Excelsior.pdf

Thanks!  I will check out LawShelf, I had not looked into them yet.

I am definitely closer than I thought, but it took some research for sure, so anyone out there thinking of trying, make sure you check out how things transfer for different schools and degrees.  My hard science classes are just over 10 years old so I could not use them for the Natural Science degree, but they all work for the BSLA degree. Which for me, the degree wont matter at all at this point (been in the field a long time).

Great community here, thanks for all the research and info.
(07-21-2022, 03:17 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-21-2022, 03:03 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Instead of Coppersmith, I would recommend going for NCCRS sources

I presume you meant "other NCCRS sources"? Coopersmith is NCCRS.  Smile

Yup, sometimes the brain knows what it's doing but the fingers don't do the typing...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]