Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC UL: coopersmith and Genesis
(07-07-2020, 07:23 PM)TorsMama Wrote: EC accepts 48 of my film schoolcredits. No other college Will. ? I am going for a BS in liberal arts. It is not clear what I need to do for upper level. Gosh I wish it were!

I'm not certain why you can't just enroll under the "Excelsior Course" option, and then you'll have an advisor?  There's no charge to do this, and you just need to decide before you get to a certain point whether you'll continue on with that option or switch to the "Multi-source option."  You just need to be maybe a year out from finishing.

One thing to think about - it's only about $400 more to do the Excelsior Course option, and then everything is covered under financial aid (I think you qualify for this?).  You take 2 courses in addition to the cornerstone and capstone, but then you don't pay the enrollment fee plus the tuition is $100 less per credit.  So it's great bang for your buck.

I have the costs for that option broken down on post #10 on this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Excelsior
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-08-2020, 02:05 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 07:23 PM)TorsMama Wrote: EC accepts 48 of my film schoolcredits. No other college Will. ? I am going for a BS in liberal arts. It is not clear what I need to do for upper level. Gosh I wish it were!

I'm not certain why you can't just enroll under the "Excelsior Course" option, and then you'll have an advisor?  There's no charge to do this, and you just need to decide before you get to a certain point whether you'll continue on with that option or switch to the "Multi-source option."  You just need to be maybe a year out from finishing.

One thing to think about - it's only about $400 more to do the Excelsior Course option, and then everything is covered under financial aid (I think you qualify for this?).  You take 2 courses in addition to the cornerstone and capstone, but then you don't pay the enrollment fee plus the tuition is $100 less per credit.  So it's great bang for your buck.

I have the costs for that option broken down on post #10 on this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Excelsior

Thank you for that cost breakdown! I think the $20 teach fee is PER credit hour though. :/
Me: Earned BSLA at Excelsior November 2021!

My son Tor (15 yrs): 
CLEPS passed: US Hist 1, A&I Lit, College Composition, Intro to Sociology, US Hist 2, Western Civ 1
College Courses taken: Astronomy, Intro to Programming, Latin 1,  Federal GOVT
ACE passed via Sophia: Human Biology, College Algebra, Intro to Statistics, Religion, Visual Communications, Intro to Relational Databases, Intro to Business, 
Currently Working on: Calc 1, TX GOVT
(07-11-2020, 11:12 AM)TorsMama Wrote:

Thank you for that cost breakdown! I think the $20 teach fee is PER credit hour though. :/

Yes, which is why it's $20 for the 1cr course, and then $60 for the 3cr courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-12-2020, 01:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 11:12 AM)TorsMama Wrote:

Yes, which is why it's $20 for the 1cr course, and then $60 for the 3cr courses.

I missed that somehow. Thanks! I guess I need to figure out now how to get the Pell Grant to cover all the credits and the fees.
Me: Earned BSLA at Excelsior November 2021!

My son Tor (15 yrs): 
CLEPS passed: US Hist 1, A&I Lit, College Composition, Intro to Sociology, US Hist 2, Western Civ 1
College Courses taken: Astronomy, Intro to Programming, Latin 1,  Federal GOVT
ACE passed via Sophia: Human Biology, College Algebra, Intro to Statistics, Religion, Visual Communications, Intro to Relational Databases, Intro to Business, 
Currently Working on: Calc 1, TX GOVT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPA Reqs and Coopersmith/Study.com Sunnydaze 12 2,177 03-11-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith-Therapeutic Interviewing TwinMom 5 865 10-03-2022, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Coopersmith and Excelsior BBryant165 5 3,604 01-29-2021, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Michelle779