Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC UL courses: Gerontology, Psych Adulthood/Aging, Social Psych, Abnormal Psyc
Hi folks.

I'm new here and need to take several EC exams and will be using IC for studying. Wondering how difficult these two exams were, if you used just IC or something else and did you pass?

I generally use College Network guides but they don't have one for Psych Adulthood/Aging or Social Psych so I'll do IC for them and the other UL exams I need that they have.

Thanks,
Diane
I've taken both exams you listed using IC and the practice exams offered by Excelsior. I studied through the practice exams once I'd take them and found them to be very useful. I scored well on both tests.

Hope this helps and good luck!
I'll probably test on PAA in a few weeks. Just need to get the $$ to register for exam. - next paycheck.
I've taken all these and I used IC study guides, sparknotes and the EC practice exams. They are well worth the money because the scenarios they use are the same for both the practice exams and real exams. That saves you time as you are already familiar with the scenario. The EC exams do test theory but more so application of the theory, so you have to really understand the material and be able to apply it to the situation given. This is where the extra money for the practice exams pays off. Good luck!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Hi Marianne,

I need to take all of EC's UL Psych, Social Psych courses, Organizational Behavior and Gerontology. Do you have any recommendations on the order to take them? I'm working on PAA now. But after that, is there a sequence that builds on the previous exam?

Did EC give you UL credits for DSST "Princ. of Supervision"?

Thanks,
Diane
I found great information on the forum for these by searching the abnormal psych exam.
Best Wishes
PAA and gerontology are very similar so I would group them and study for them together. Then I would do social psych and abnormal psych together. Some of the social psych will be carryover from PAA and general psych course. I used the IC flashcards, specific feedback, sparknotes and the other resources recommended in the specific exam feedback area. I did scan the recommended textbooks, but never really used them or the exam outlines. I did use the practice exams and highly recommend them, they are well worth the money! Good luck!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
PAA-->After taking two of the practice exams, I have encountered many phrases/theories/topics that on not on V2 of the flashcards since the ECE changes of Oct 2011. Just saying'.... Otherwise, considering I have basically used only IC and my online courses from a different university on Research Methodology, Memory and Cognition, and Biological Basis of Behavior, I was VERY disappointed to only get 74% on my practice test #2 (up from 60% test #1). I think there have been a great deal of changes since V2 was created...? Anyway, I would know far less if it weren't for IC so I am not "flaming" here. Just be prepared. I recommend buying Excelsior's practice tests so you won't be shocked. I was grateful with Social Psych too (A thanks to IC also). Thanks for letting me put my two cents in. Best to that next person who takes this test in a year! LOL. (I did NOT study for FoG incidentally)
spassaffe Wrote:PAA-->After taking two of the practice exams, I have encountered many phrases/theories/topics that on not on V2 of the flashcards since the ECE changes of Oct 2011. Just saying'.... Otherwise, considering I have basically used only IC and my online courses from a different university on Research Methodology, Memory and Cognition, and Biological Basis of Behavior, I was VERY disappointed to only get 74% on my practice test #2 (up from 60% test #1). I think there have been a great deal of changes since V2 was created...? Anyway, I would know far less if it weren't for IC so I am not "flaming" here. Just be prepared. I recommend buying Excelsior's practice tests so you won't be shocked. I was grateful with Social Psych too (A thanks to IC also). Thanks for letting me put my two cents in. Best to that next person who takes this test in a year! LOL. (I did NOT study for FoG incidentally)

Eight posts on the two boards with the same text? That's not cool...
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,490 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU BA PSYCH AOS? Mab81 1 1,274 09-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,103 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,110 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,742 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,241 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,741 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,573 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  TEEX Courses at TESU BSLIONS 25 6,820 06-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Excelsior Ethics courses radconjohn 10 3,007 06-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Last Post: dfrecore