Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC classes offered by Brigham Young Independent Study.
Has anyone taken any of the independent study classes offered by Brigham Young? Having a hard time getting focused on studying for exams and thought a more structured independent study program might work better for me right now. Studying now for Org Behavior but just can't get focused. There are a couple interesting classes offered through Brigham Young via EC. I have done one class via CD Rom, wasn't too bad but a lot of writing was involved. Also having trouble getting my company to pay for exams. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
While this isn't what you were asking... I'll pipe in anyway....

Keep at the studying for Organizational Behavior. It's bad (oh I know... it is bad) but it will end, and you'll get a grade and move on. Use a variety of sources to keep the boredom at bay. I used Vango notes, Essentials of Org Behavior, IC, a few websites here and there, and significant amounts of caffeine. Whenever I got bored with one resource (every 5-10 minutes) I made a switch. I made the switch into a game. When I read something in the book I would try and remember where it was in IC and go find it by flipping through some cards. Or I would hear something in Vango notes then go find and read a paragraph on that subject in the book. It's certainly not the best study strategy but it worked.
Joe

Excelsior BSB Aug 21, 2009
I'm currently taking the Public Speaking course provided by BYU. There are no exams, just assignments that can be done at your own leisure. It's rather easy and you could probably knock it out in a week. I find myself slacking off a bit, but I should be done in 2 weeks. The course is costly though- around $500.
English Comp
Social Science and History
Intro Sociology
Intro Psychology

DSST:
Here's to your Health
Intro World Religion
Thanks for your reply. It may be a better option for me because my company will pay for classes but not exams. Doesn't make any sense. It may get me more focused as well.
I took Developing Managerial/Leadership skills to fulfill an HR requirement for Excelsior. I finished in about a month, but that's because I rushed through. I had about 10 online quizzes, 10 one page papers to write, and 2 proctored exams. My final grade was an A-, but EC transferred it over as an A. I liked the structure of the course, and you will have to put in some effort.
Thanks for the info. It is exactly what I was looking to hear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 12,514 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,382 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,858 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU 2nd Area of Study mysonx3 20 4,282 08-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Study.com partnership only eligible for 21 years of age+ Murdockb 6 2,248 07-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Murdockb
  What will fit: TESU BALS - Study.com Gen Ed (Down to the wire!) Cheeseburrito 3 1,597 06-18-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Statistics credit transfer from study.com waterpaper 2 1,608 06-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  labor relations study.com mikeid811 3 1,657 06-04-2018, 05:09 PM
Last Post: icampy
  Study.com Spanish 105 rixbae 2 1,498 05-24-2018, 08:17 AM
Last Post: rixbae
  University of Potomac? anyone take classes there frank.f.franky 3 1,702 05-24-2018, 01:06 AM
Last Post: videogamesrock