Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest English Comp 2 credit & Study.com lab
I Suck at writing.

I took English Comp 1 at Sophia and got a 99% on it.
I am currently stuck on English Comp 2 there because its just so much writing (and many of the assignments confuse me)
I was told that I should try the Clep through modern states? Can the average person pass that? Is it easier just taking it when I get to UMPI?
If you're going to UMPI, stop! UMPI's English Comp is just 1 paper compared to Sophia's multiple assignments. Just take it at UMPI and move on to other courses you still need.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • channaleah, Pikachu
I'd say the Freshman comp CLEP or DSST advanced english comp (if your school accepts either) either test will tak 45 minutes - 2 hrs.
COSC AS 2019 - completed
COSC BSBA 2020 - completed
Cumberland School of Law M.S.L 2022 - completed
UA - MS Hospitality Management 2024 - in process

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
[-] The following 1 user Likes withrown's post:
  • channaleah
(08-06-2021, 09:03 AM)channaleah Wrote: I Suck at writing.

I took English Comp 1 at Sophia and got a 99% on it.
I am currently stuck on English Comp 2 there because its just so much writing (and many of the assignments confuse me)
I was told that I should try the Clep through modern states? Can the average person pass that? Is it easier just taking it when I get to UMPI?

If you're going to UMPI take Eng Comp II at UMPI. It's MUCH easier and faster than Sophia. It's 1 paper at UMPI instead of the 6-7 on Sophia. It's one of the easiest classes at UMPI.
Take the CLEP. It is literally a few paragraphs on two topics. Very easy to pass and free! I had 3 kids that had no problem passing it.
If you suck at writing, my guess is that you will not do well on the CLEP exam. I wouldn't take it.

I also advise people who suck at writing to actually TAKE A WRITING CLASS! Why wouldn't you want to get better at it?? I mean, why avoid something you are saying you need help on?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 5 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • ECH90, FastTrackDegree, k-k-k-katy, NC Coach, ss20ts
(08-06-2021, 11:58 AM)dfrecore Wrote: If you suck at writing, my guess is that you will not do well on the CLEP exam.  I wouldn't take it.

I also advise people who suck at writing to actually TAKE A WRITING CLASS!  Why wouldn't you want to get better at it??  I mean, why avoid something you are saying you need help on?

If someone struggles with writing then UMPI is going to be a struggle. About 75% of the Final Assessments are written papers/projects so you really do need to be able to write. UMPI also has a writing lab for those who need help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
(08-06-2021, 11:58 AM)dfrecore Wrote: If you suck at writing, my guess is that you will not do well on the CLEP exam.  I wouldn't take it.

I also advise people who suck at writing to actually TAKE A WRITING CLASS!  Why wouldn't you want to get better at it??  I mean, why avoid something you are saying you need help on?

I agree with this. I was having the hardest time testing, and completing my degree because I hate writing. It's odd because I used to because I used to love writing. So I decided to suck it up and take English at a local community college this semester. It's a worthwhile skill to have on this journey.
I took the DSST for English Comp II and the TESU test. The DSST was super easy and from what I remember multiple choice.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
I have taken almost all of the Sophia Classes offered. I am transferring to UMPI. I know i need a bio lab and I was told to take it at Study.com. All I see are full classes WITH a lab. Can I take just the lab? Can anyone help me figure out exactly what class I need?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,383 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,782 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 614 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 328 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Sophia.org English Composition II -- Grader Experiences ashkir 67 10,209 02-09-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 948 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2