Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest TESU course
I have been wondering about asking this question for myself, as I am looking for another course to take alongside my Capstone this fall, but with the recent changes incentivizing a "16 credits in a term" approach at TESU, I thought this question was now more generally applicable.

What are the easiest TESU courses? I know the new cornerstone (SOS-110) has the reputation of being an easy A. What others?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Hahaha, I want to take 16 credits as well. So after reading this thread, I have an idea of some of the easier courses available at TESU to see if I can get the 16 credits for "easy" courses along with the Capstone.

Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Excelsior
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The flat rate tuition is for 10 or more credits a term.

The residency wavier is for 16 credits or more total at TESU. It sounds like from prior threads you already took/are taking some TESU courses how many credits do you have already? You don't need to take 16 in a term to avoid the waiver. If you already have prior TESU credit it just needs to equal 16 credits to avoid the wavier. If you want the flat rate you just have to register for at least ten credits a term. The capstone is 3 so that leaves 7 more credits to get the flat rate.

If you just need one or two credits I know there is a medical terminology course that's only one credit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • mysonx3
Easy really depends on your work experience and life experiences.

But, I think all lower level social science, history, English etc would be easy or if you're good with tech one of the "IT oriented" courses would be easy.

I've heard people say the 1cr Jane Austen course is easy, for me personally I think all the 100 and 200 level CJ courses are easy, Forensic Science, Intro to CJ etc were very easy for me, but I am a cop so it's second nature stuff.

If you need generic courses to fit into free electives just target the LL social science and communication courses, I think a lot of them are common knowledge and you won't feel overwhelmed. If I had to choose any courses to do to make up 16 credits from TESU along with the cornerstone and capstone.

Cornerstone
Capstone
Communication Theory COM-100
Introduction to Photography PHO-101 or Computer Concepts and Applications CIS-107
Introduction to Sociology SOC-101
Jane Austen ENG-298

There is no way you won't be able to handle such a load.

@mysonx3 what degree are you working toward again?
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Don't forget the PLA courses.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
In my case, I won't be using this info to take 16 credits in a term. I already have 10, so I'll be taking the Capstone and one other class. However, the info that will help me pick a class (which are the easiest) will also be applicable to other people who intend to take 16 in a term.

I'm pursuing History/Psychology double-major, however the course I take doesn't need to satisfy any of those requirements, so I can take whatever class is easiest so that I can pad my GPA and focus on the Capstone that term.
Completed:

Up Next:

(07-04-2019, 03:17 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: In my case, I won't be using this info to take 16 credits in a term. I already have 10, so I'll be taking the Capstone and one other class. However, the info that will help me pick a class (which are the easiest) will also be applicable to other people who intend to take 16 in a term.

I'm pursuing History/Psychology double-major, however the course I take doesn't need to satisfy any of those requirements, so I can take whatever class is easiest so that I can pad my GPA and focus on the Capstone that term.

That is what I thought because I figured you had had already taken social psych and histrological methods from prior threads and the old 1 credit cornerstone.

Do you have any more AOS courses left? Why not just an AOS course? A good amount of pysch courses are available as e pack and I believe both history and psych are guided study as well. That doesn't seem too difficult especially if you have so many courses under your belt with all the prior knowledge.
mysonx3, I don't recall, did you take the TES-100? do you already have Cornerstone course under your belt? If not, then that's the course you need. If you do, there are others that's easy such as the BIO-310 Man's Best Friend - Biology & Behavior of Dogs. OR, I would do an Upper Level course that is required for your either of your Majors.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-04-2019, 03:27 PM)natshar Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 03:17 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: In my case, I won't be using this info to take 16 credits in a term. I already have 10, so I'll be taking the Capstone and one other class. However, the info that will help me pick a class (which are the easiest) will also be applicable to other people who intend to take 16 in a term.

That is what I thought because I figured you had had already taken social psych and histrological methods from prior threads and the old 1 credit cornerstone.

Do you have any more AOS courses left? Why not just an AOS course? A good amount of pysch courses are available as e pack and I believe both history and psych are guided study as well. That doesn't seem too difficult especially if you have so many courses under your belt with all the prior knowledge.
In addition to meeting the degree requirements, I also need to get to 60 graded credits for my grad school aspirations. Since I didn't know what I was doing at the start, that's going to end up more than filling up my AOS courses. So I've got two spots that are "extra", one of which has to be at TESU to avoid the residency waiver.
Completed:

Up Next:

(07-04-2019, 03:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: mysonx3, I don't recall, did you take the TES-100? do you already have Cornerstone course under your belt? If not, then that's the course you need.  If you do, there are others that's easy such as the BIO-310 Man's Best Friend - Biology & Behavior of Dogs.  OR, I would do an Upper Level course that is required for your either of your Majors.

TES-100 is in his list of courses in the signature. Which probably needs to be updated as it doesn't have close to 60 graded credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 580 3 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 127 4 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,566 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 615 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 536 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 274 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,328 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 251 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 308 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az