Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest e-pack at TESU?
Need to apply just one of these e-packs for Res/RA/gened credits.

Can anyone recommend one over the other?

Computer Concepts and Applications (CIS-107)
American History I (HIS-113)

American Government (POS-110)
Introduction to Sociology (SOC-101)
Principles of Statistics (STA-201) 

Thanks!!!

kt320

kt320

In Progress:
TESU - BSAST Degree in Aviation Flight Technology

Sophia - Algebra

Completed:
TECEP - Meteorology
TESU - SOS-110
kt320

In Progress:

Sophia - Algebra, US History II

Completed:
TECEP - Meteorology
TESU - SOS-110
Sophia - Intro to Ethics, Art History I & II, Developing Effective Teams, US History I
Computer Concepts and Applications (CIS-107) should be the easiest if you have any computer knowledge.

Take the practice test without studying and see how you score to gauge how difficult the TECEP will be.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • jch, kt320
From that list, I've only taken CIS-107 as an e-Pack. The other e-Pack I took (Industrial Psychology) included practice quizzes on Moodle. For CIS-107, you're supposed to enroll on a separate learning platform (Cengage MindTap) for the textbook and practice materials. I didn't want to pay the extra $125, so I skipped it. (It's not part of your grade.)

Whichever e-Pack you go with, you only need a 60 on the final/single exam to pass (CR/NC).
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • kt320
I took American Government POS-110, and it wasn't that bad. I didn't bother with their material, and just used CLEP Government flashcards from instantcert and others to study. That got me well within the passing range.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • kt320, staceydiane
(05-13-2022, 12:33 AM)jch Wrote: I took American Government POS-110, and it wasn't that bad. I didn't bother with their material, and just used CLEP Government flashcards from instantcert and others to study. That got me well within the passing range.

Perfect, Thanks!!

kt320
kt320

In Progress:

Completed:
TECEP - Meteorology
TESU - SOS-110
Sophia - Intro to Ethics, Art History I & II, Developing Effective Teams, US History I
(05-13-2022, 12:33 AM)jch Wrote: I took American Government POS-110, and it wasn't that bad. I didn't bother with their material, and just used CLEP Government flashcards from instantcert and others to study. That got me well within the passing range.

Thank you!  Thats what Im leaning toward.
kt320

In Progress:

Completed:
TECEP - Meteorology
TESU - SOS-110
Computer Concepts and Applications (CIS-107) was easy - I passed the TECEP exam with zero studying.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • kt320
(05-12-2022, 05:27 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: From that list, I've only taken CIS-107 as an e-Pack. The other e-Pack I took (Industrial Psychology) included practice quizzes on Moodle. For CIS-107, you're supposed to enroll on a separate learning platform (Cengage MindTap) for the textbook and practice materials. I didn't want to pay the extra $125, so I skipped it. (It's not part of your grade.)

Whichever e-Pack you go with, you only need a 60 on the final/single exam to pass (CR/NC).

60?! How cow that’s low. Good info. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
kt320

In Progress:

Completed:
TECEP - Meteorology
TESU - SOS-110
FWIW, the 60% is only for a few TECEPs, some are 70%, so you need to really look into the subject being tested.  I would recommend testing an introductory course when you already have 2nd/3rd or even 4th year knowledge of that subject.  This is because you're only doing the TECEPs for the RA credits even if it overlaps your ACE/NCCRS ones.  In short, I repeat what I mentioned here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid366341
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-18-2022, 12:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: FWIW, the 60% is only for a few TECEPs, some are 70%, so you need to really look into the subject being tested.  I would recommend testing an introductory course when you already have 2nd/3rd or even 4th year knowledge of that subject.  This is because you're only doing the TECEPs for the RA credits even if it overlaps your ACE/NCCRS ones.  In short, I repeat what I mentioned here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid366341

60 percent was commenting on e-Packs.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 499 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 445 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 465 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,283 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 257 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,221 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 368 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 299 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 277 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27