Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest math general education options?
As you can guess from my username I've never had a particularly good relationship with math...apart from finances (the unexpected benefits of being raised poor).

I'm looking for the easiest option to do that would would be accepted by COSC for a general studies degree. I'm not concerned about cost so long as it isn't insane, ease is the priority here.
IMO, College Algebra at Sophia.org would be one of the easiest. Don't be scared by the "algebra" part, it's only vaguely algebra. Sophia's Statistics course, surprisingly, has also been reported as being "easy" by some other students who have had difficulties with math. CSM Learn would probably be easier, but COSC unfortunately doesn't accept them as math credits, only as elective credits.

If you'd prefer to take an exam, you have a couple of options. https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...20pdf2.pdf Either the College Math CLEP exam, the Math for Liberal Arts DSST, or the Contemporary Mathematics UExcel would probably be easiest. You can take the CLEP exam for FREE if you use ModernStates, so you might want to give that one a shot first.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
IF they will accept it as a math credit, the CSMLearn course is by far the easiest and argualb most useful math course you can take. And at $39, it's cheap for 3 credits.

However, I know that COSC at one point was not accepting it, then I heard they signed an agreement with the CSMLearn people... though I don't know if that means the course is accepted specifically as a math credit. If so, that's my recommendation. I finished the entire course over a weekend, working a few hours each day.
(05-06-2022, 05:43 PM)studyingfortests Wrote: IF they will accept it as a math credit, the CSMLearn course is by far the easiest and argualb most useful math course you can take. And at $39, it's cheap for 3 credits.

However, I know that COSC at one point was not accepting it, then I heard they signed an agreement with the CSMLearn people... though I don't know if that means the course is accepted specifically as a math credit.  If so, that's my recommendation.   I finished the entire course over a weekend, working a few hours each day.

The agreement between COSC and SMI Labs is specifically for liberal arts elective credit: https://www.smilabs.org/products/college...e-elective
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Do the Math CLEP by getting a voucher from Modernstates.org for free, if you want to test out for credit. If you're into going through a quick course while getting other credit, then Sophia.org as you can take another course during your month subscription.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you comrades!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 706 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Worldwide Education Services (WES) Shelf life? nyrsimon 3 251 04-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: nyrsimon
  UK vs US, Education Compared bjcheung77 1 215 03-18-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Country Preview: Poland - Inexpensive European Education bjcheung77 11 2,038 01-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 399 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  CSM Math - what's it like? CircleT7 25 2,342 11-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Tuition Payment Options lidel 0 314 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lidel
  US Education Department unveils stricter college oversight rules bjcheung77 0 356 11-01-2023, 02:38 PM
  General Thanks And Where I'm Headed Now TINASAM 3 429 10-22-2023, 01:29 PM
  Education Is Now America’s Great Divide LevelUP 2 373 10-06-2023, 02:50 PM