Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Central (OK) Accepts 90 credits transfer for Bachelors
Hmm, it seems there's another school out there that will accept a combination of AP/CLEP, ACE and Nationally Accredited transfers, up to 75% or 90 credits.  Here's a corresponding email I sent them past midnight in March.  I forgot to create and update a thread... so, here is the relevant info.  I think it's an alright deal if you can finish 30 credits with them. The example below is for a BAIS, but they have some elusive programs online that can be had for about $8K if you transfer everything in and take the remaining 30 credits from them. Examples are Computer Science, Kinesiology, Social Work, etc...

Costs Link: https://online.ecok.edu/tuition-aid/cost-fees/
Programs Link: https://www.ecok.edu/academics/distance-education

Sent: Monday, March 14, 2022 1:01 AM
To: Admissions <admissions@ecok.edu>; Registrar <registrar@ecok.edu>
Subject: East Central Questions

[CAUTION] This email originated from outside East Central University. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi East Central Team,

I am a prospective student and have a few questions for your teams.

AP/CLEP, JST acceptance:  What is the max or total number of credits these can take up?  For example, If a student has over 94 credits from these combined, can they get credit for just those 94 credits towards use for say a Bachelors of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies?

A student must earn a minimum of 30 credits at ECU to earn bachelor’s degree. Additional residency requirements include 12 hours of upper division credits, 9 of which must apply to the major core requirements. If the student is also completing a minor, 3 hours of upper division credit in the minor must be completed at ECU. All other credits may be transfer credits, including those earned via prior learning assessments such as AP, CLEP, JST, etc. 

Information on our bachelor degree requirements can be found in our catalog (https://www.ecok.edu/sites/default/files...%20(1).pdf) on pages 48 and 49. Information on prior learning credits can be found on page 33. Prior learning credits are transcribed after a student has earned 12 or more credits at ECU with a grade point average of 2.0 or higher.

Students work directly with an academic advisor to determine which transfer credits may apply on their individual learning plan for the Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies program. Information on the BA – Interdisciplinary Studies program can be found on page 144 of the catalog.

Do you accept alternative credit from ACE or NCCRS towards possible degree options provided by your institution?

Prior learning credits are awarded based on ACE recommendations for credit earned via military training documented on Joint Service Transcripts (JSTs) and for CLEP Exams.  

More questions for you:

Your transfer matrix shows a Nationally Accredited institution, Penn Foster college.  It only shows 1 course in the matrix, I was wondering would you accept other institutions that are Nationally Accredited by DEAC.org as well?  Or are you strictly only taking courses from Regionally Accredited institutions?

Credits from nationally accredited institutions are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. If deemed transferable by the appropriate academic department and applicable to the student’s major, minor, or general education requirements, the credits are transcribed on the student’s transcript once the student has earned 12 or more credits at ECU with a minimum grade point average of 2.0.

Do you have challenge exams for credit or a Prior Learning Assessment for granting credit?  I ask because there are some subjects other than the ones offered by AP/CLEP that I may be familiar with and would like to get advanced standing or credit for those courses.

A list of ECU challenge exams can be found at https://www.ecok.edu/current-students/of...aminations. Documentation for AP transfer credits is located at https://www.ecok.edu/current-students/of...-fall-2021 and documentation for CLEP transfer credits may be found at https://www.ecok.edu/current-students/of...clep-exams.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
Just so people know, ACE credit earned on a JST is not the same as ACE credits earned and sent on a Credly badge. They are probably VERY picky about the JST, and accept very few credits this way. But even if they took all of them, they will probably balk at taking ACE credits. They don't even mention the DSST exams, which makes me think ACE is a long shot.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Personally, when emailing an institution, I wouldn't even mention JST. Many more schools accept JSTs than accept random ACE credits from Sophia/SDC/etc. Accepting JSTs isn't useful for the vast majority of students in this forum.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,007 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,194 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  15 Worst Bachelors - Student Loan Dept bjcheung77 9 823 12-31-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 473 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 1,714 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az