Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern New Mexico University - review of my first semester
Hello, all...I've just completed my first semester of graduate school at ENMU and decided to provide a review since they don't do much in the way of advertising. FYI, my degree program is the master of science in nursing education (MSN-NE), which is completely online. I had been enrolled in 6 graduate credit hours this semester.

I selected this school due to the irresistible price point: graduate level tuition is $230 per credit, and students like me who live out-of-state qualify for the in-state tuition rates as long as we are enrolled part-time. Also, even though the degree program is totally online, I preferred to earn this degree from a brick-and-mortar school that does not have a mega online presence.

So far, I've been pleased and would call this school a hidden gem. The professors have been responsive and grade the papers fairly quickly. They provide specific feedback and seem to be invested in the success of each student. The coursework has consisted primarily of scholarly papers in APA format, discussion posts every two weeks, and the occasional PowerPoint presentation.

All students of ENMU receive a subscription to Microsoft Office Professional 365 for as long as they are enrolled at the school. I know there's an online version of MS Office that's free, but it just doesn't have the same feel as the paid version. Therefore, it's nice to have access to the paid MS Office version along with all of its functionalities, bells, and whistles. I realize the online technology fee of $10 per credit that the school charges is partially covering the MS Office, so I would not venture to say it is 'free.'

Overall, I would recommend the school for a cost-conscious online learner due to its affordability and responsiveness of the professors. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Smile
• Master of Science in Nursing - Eastern New Mexico University (in progress)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Western Governors University (3/2015)
• Associate of Science in Nursing - Platt College (3/2010)
• Diploma of Vocational Nursing - Casa Loma College (10/2005)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Professional licensure: LPN/LVN (1/2006); RN (5/2010)
• 16 brick & mortar credits from Oxnard College (2000 to 2001)
• 38 brick & mortar credits from Tarrant County College (2006 to 2008)
Great review! I looked up ENMU they have really low tuition for undergrad. If you don't mind? How many credits did WGU if you for your RN and ASN? My wife is looking to complete her BSN.
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
jawbreakingrr Wrote:How many credits did WGU if you for your RN and ASN? My wife is looking to complete her BSN.
WGU granted me 50 credits off the top for having an RN license. They required me to complete 34 credits to earn the BSN degree. I completed those 34 credits in 10 months while working full-time 12-hour night shifts. I could have completed the degree requirements more quickly, but lost motivation at times.

I completed 27 credits during the first term and the remaining 7 credits during my last term there. Overall, I paid approximately $5,800 for the BSN degree from WGU. I enjoyed my experience as a WGU student and my only regret is not having done it sooner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TheCommuter Wrote:WGU granted me 50 credits off the top for having an RN license. They required me to complete 34 credits to earn the BSN degree. I completed those 34 credits in 10 months while working full-time 12-hour night shifts. I could have completed the degree requirements more quickly, but lost motivation at times.

I completed 27 credits during the first term and the remaining 7 credits during my last term there. Overall, I paid approximately $5,800 for the BSN degree from WGU. I enjoyed my experience as a WGU student and my only regret is not having done it sooner.

Wow! That was quick and cheap. She just applied and they waived the application fee. Lets see that they give her. I'm sure they'll give her the same amount of transfer credits. Thanks.
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
jawbreakingrr Wrote:Wow! That was quick and cheap. She just applied and they waived the application fee. Lets see that they give her. I'm sure they'll give her the same amount of transfer credits. Thanks.
On average, most prospective students for the WGU RN-to-BSN program are required to complete anywhere from 23 to 50 credits, so it varies wildly. In general, those who attended a brick-and-mortar nursing school will need less credits, whereas those who earned their nursing degrees from Excelsior tend to need to repeat many courses.

However, WGU grants 50 credits for having an active RN license from any state. Also, anyone who is required to complete 50+ credits can speed through them in less than a year because the program is self-paced.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 6 127 40 minutes ago
Last Post: freeloader
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 690 9 hours ago
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,792 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,089 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,283 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,633 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 656 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,279 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel