Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Comp I + II
First off, Long time lurker and I am extremely grateful for the wealth of knowledge and experience I've been able to use from all of you. Its really been invaluable to me and the folks who work for me. We implemented a team effort and competition all thanks to the work you all post on here. Its pretty amazing.

However, I got a problem.

I'm working on different discipline degrees simultaneously from each of the big 3.

I need to complete English Composition I + II.

Each school has different transfer policies regarding from where they will accept the credits. Does any one know of a single source on-line that I can use to fulfill the requirements for all three of them? I think the only place that is guaranteed to transfer is Straighter line but I want to absolute before I get started.

Thanks!
22gunsonfire Wrote:First off, Long time lurker and I am extremely grateful for the wealth of knowledge and experience I've been able to use from all of you. Its really been invaluable to me and the folks who work for me. We implemented a team effort and competition all thanks to the work you all post on here. Its pretty amazing.

However, I got a problem.

I'm working on different discipline degrees simultaneously from each of the big 3.

I need to complete English Composition I + II.

Each school has different transfer policies regarding from where they will accept the credits. Does any one know of a single source on-line that I can use to fulfill the requirements for all three of them? I think the only place that is guaranteed to transfer is Straighter line but I want to absolute before I get started.

Thanks!

*ding ding ding* That's the reason I chose to take Straighterline English Comp I/II. There are other methods, such as CLEP/DSST/TECP.
But if you're looking for a provider and to do some composition/writing, SL's one of them. What degrees are you looking at from the Big 3?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:*ding ding ding* That's the reason I chose to take Straighterline English Comp I/II. There are other methods, such as CLEP/DSST/TECP.
But if you're looking for a provider and to do some composition/writing, SL's one of them. What degrees are you looking at from the Big 3?

I've enrolled in TESC for BA in English, Excelsior for BSLA (History), and COSC will either be BS in Cyber or GS with IT concentration.

Mentioning CLEP/DSST/TECP Excelsior last I checked does not accept the CLEP/DSST for their requirements so that's out. Study.com ENG 103+104 do not fulfill for COSC so that's out, I'm not sure about Saylor or Sophia. ECE and TECP might still be acceptable but I haven't seen any threads on their transferability to all 3.

All 3 is the key.

I've filled 95% of all the degree requirements through a lot of self study and military credits. After Comp I + II Ill be able to work the capstones.
22gunsonfire Wrote:I've enrolled in TESC for BA in English, Excelsior for BSLA (History), and COSC will either be BS in Cyber or GS with IT concentration.

Mentioning CLEP/DSST/TECP Excelsior last I checked does not accept the CLEP/DSST for their requirements so that's out. Study.com ENG 103+104 do not fulfill for COSC so that's out, I'm not sure about Saylor or Sophia. ECE and TECP might still be acceptable but I haven't seen any threads on their transferability to all 3.

All 3 is the key.

I've filled 95% of all the degree requirements through a lot of self study and military credits. After Comp I + II Ill be able to work the capstones.

You've done your research, there another one that does all three is Davar. I didn't chose them as I didn't have to take any classes with them.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:You've done your research, there another one that does all three is Davar. I didn't chose them as I didn't have to take any classes with them.

I looked at Davar but I don't know if it would be quick enough for me. Id like to get both of these done before the end of the month.
22gunsonfire Wrote:I looked at Davar but I don't know if it would be quick enough for me. Id like to get both of these done before the end of the month.

What about ed4credit?
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

High_Order1 Wrote:What about ed4credit?

I'm not sure. I didn't see any mention of it being accepted by all 3 on the website or the forum. If you know different please gimmie a holler!
this might mean absolutely nothing to you, and the policy may have changed, but when I applied for graduation at TESU, I had to sign a statement that I wasn't an enrolled student anywhere else. Did they check? Will they check? I don't know- I guess it depends on how much you advertise your trifecta. You might want to keep that part hush hush. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,001 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org English Composition II -- Grader Experiences ashkir 67 10,692 02-09-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Sophia English Composition II Experience lifted567 14 1,869 01-04-2024, 05:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English Comp 2 dbrown2258 7 820 09-10-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  does sophia english touch stone allow to use chatgpt or grammerly? sekiflying 10 2,553 08-13-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: sekiflying
Heart Is it possible to finish English composition II in one month on study.com? imkingta 16 1,898 07-22-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Want to drop out of Sophia English Composition I Avidreader 17 1,753 07-07-2023, 06:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  English comp 2 Sophia/study.com/olivia/tel? SweetsugarNL 12 3,810 07-03-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Trying to speedrun some SDC classes: Eng 2, Comp. Arch, Soft. Eng, Python 101 Randyb100 16 1,864 06-25-2023, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Sophia English Comp 1 Touchstone Issue arrakis 29 7,281 06-21-2023, 05:05 PM
Last Post: LevelUP