Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enroll ASAP or Accumulate credit first?
Question 
Hello there, 

I am an adult learner and I am working towards the TESU's BACS.

The recent trend of tighter transfer policies just got me worried. Things might change really fast, and all the work accumulated may not be of much use. That poses a question: Should I be enrolled ASAP to work with an academic advisor to make sure which external courses will transfer? Or should I just collect as many credits as I can before enrollment? What's the pros and cons of each options?
Enroll asap. I see a ahift coming disqualifying a lot of ace credit, especially non proctored aslce credit. Getting your degree now will be as easy as it will ever be
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clepking100's post:
  • ctcarl
(05-10-2020, 09:01 PM)Clepking100 Wrote: Enroll asap. I see a ahift coming disqualifying a lot of ace credit, especially non proctored aslce credit.  Getting your degree now will be as easy as it will ever  be

The thing is I don't have many credits at the moment. I would take me over a year to collect all the credits required, optimistically speaking. So if I enroll, are there extra fees that I have to pay semesterly or annually? Can I continue to acquire external credits once I enroll?
Right before this, I made the decision to go ahead and apply for admission. To lock in the 2019-2020 catalog, you need to get accepted and enroll in a class or TECEP for the June semester (that's what's open now). Catalog changes happen in July. I applied, was accepted, and then followed bjcheung77's past advice of enrolling in the 1 credit Medical Terminology TECEP. I've worked in healthcare before and expect to ace it. But from what I've read, pass or fail either way, I have locked myself into the current catalog. You can knock out this degree as slowly or as quickly as you want, just make sure to stay active with TESU. Being enrolled will also give you access to evaluations of your credit, which can be helpful, help track progress. I did it so that there won't be any major surprises
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
(05-10-2020, 09:37 PM)jcooke Wrote: Right before this, I made the decision to go ahead and apply for admission. To lock in the 2019-2020 catalog, you need to get accepted and enroll in a class or TECEP for the June semester (that's what's open now). Catalog changes happen in July. I applied, was accepted, and then followed bjcheung77's past advice of enrolling in the 1 credit Medical Terminology TECEP. I've worked in healthcare before and expect to ace it. But from what I've read, pass or fail either way, I have locked myself into the current catalog. You can knock out this degree as slowly or as quickly as you want, just make sure to stay active with TESU. Being enrolled will also give you access to evaluations of your credit, which can be helpful, help track progress. I did it so that there won't be any major surprises

Thank you. I am an international so I have to take English Proficiency Test first. So I guess I can't enroll before June. But I'll take your advice and will do it asap.
At TESU, there is only upside and zero downside to enrolling (no per-term fees). So you should DEFINITELY enroll now. The good thing is, once you start earning credits, you can send them to TESU, where they will put them on your eval, and they are basically set in stone. So if they change a policy later about whether they will bring in a course, or allow a course provider, or change the equivalency of a course - but it's already on your eval - then you're golden, they won't change it.

Locking in your catalog is also very important - that locks in the degree plan for you, so requirements don't change.

Apply now, take the EPT, and start getting credits. Send them in every 4-6 months, even if it costs a little bit more. You'll be happy you did.

Also, enrolling gets you unlimited evals, while not being enrolled limits you to 2. It starts to make a difference as you bring in more and more credits.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I would enroll now and then go ham with the Sophia credits.

Usually, big changes come July 1st or January 1st.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-11-2020, 05:20 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I would enroll now and then go ham with the Sophia credits.

Those sophia credits will be equivilent to trump university credits soon, so you better feast up
(05-11-2020, 08:07 PM)Clepking100 Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 05:20 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I would enroll now and then go ham with the Sophia credits.

Those sophiq credits will be ewuivilent to trump university credits soon, so you better feast up

I hope not because they are a great provider.  Good content and videos.  I do learn a lot from them.

Maybe Sophia should have set a 5 course limit per month for the free plan.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,733 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 769 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  How to enroll after graduation? No INTERNSHIP!! mt_1994 9 727 10-19-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit distribution Kones 6 510 10-13-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Kones
  90 credit max transfer, does that include TECEPs? Math avoidant 21 2,881 08-01-2023, 03:25 AM
  TESU ENS-360 Credit from Lawshelf Niketay 1 446 07-28-2023, 09:19 PM
  TESU Reducing Credit Hour Residency Requirements from 16 to 15. CanICode 10 1,156 07-02-2023, 06:14 PM
  Another source of cheap NCCRS credit Avidreader 8 1,115 06-11-2023, 02:14 AM
  TESU - Accounting Credit Options allvia 8 1,148 05-11-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  16 Credit Term Plan what do you think? mt_1994 6 732 03-20-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: davewill