Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enrollment in TESU
Hello ,

So i have been taking courses on Sl so far and have been admitted to TESU so far . I wanted to speak to an advisor and was informed that i am currently consired an Applicant even though i am a student of TESU and would be considered enrolled once i enroll in a course . If i am doing pretty much all my courses through Sl and Study , which courses should i have to do through TESu , what is the cost for that ?

Also what is a cornerstone ? Is that a courses and dow does one do it ?
Many of us take only the capstone course through TESU. It is like $1500. The capstone is taken at the end of your degree.

To be enrolled, you can register for and take a TECEP.

The cornerstone is a course that is very easy. You can get out of it by having Study.com affiliation on your TESU account, to save a bunch of money.

A TECEP exam is only $117 and then you would be enrolled for a year. You would take another if you needed more than the year.

Thanks for the clarification . So i can simple enroll for any TECEP exam and i am considered enrolled correct ?

Also how does having an affiliation with Study.com on my TESu account help me save money , How can i do that and how much can i save out of the 1500?
sarahrahul Wrote:Thanks for the clarification . So i can simple enroll for any TECEP exam and i am considered enrolled correct ?

Also how does having an affiliation with Study.com on my TESu account help me save money , How can i do that and how much can i save out of the 1500?

Study.com has an affiliate deal with TESU, so you just need to contact TESU (if you've already applied) or choose the affiliate membership if you haven't yet applied. Then, you get the following:
1) A waiver of the Cornerstone course ($300 saved)
2) A discount on the residency waiver ($1800 instead of $2500 out of state)
3) A discount on any courses you take there ($1098 instead of $1497)

So for most people who will only take the capstone there, it's a savings of ~$1400.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
sarahrahul Wrote:Thanks for the clarification . So i can simple enroll for any TECEP exam and i am considered enrolled correct ?

You have to pass the TECEP to keep enrolled status. You will become enrolled like 10 days or so into the TECEP term.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Since you've applied to TESU, you don't need to enroll in anything. You have roughly 6 months before you need to.
My suggestion is to finish your SL courses first (all of them), transfer those credits to TESU.
Take your Study.com courses and call TESU to get the "partnership pricing", finish the Study.com courses
Take the final capstone course at TESU and you're done with the degree!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
dfrecore Wrote:Study.com has an affiliate deal with TESU, so you just need to contact TESU (if you've already applied) or choose the affiliate membership if you haven't yet applied. Then, you get the following:
1) A waiver of the Cornerstone course ($300 saved)
2) A discount on the residency waiver ($1800 instead of $2500 out of state)
3) A discount on any courses you take there ($1098 instead of $1497)

So for most people who will only take the capstone there, it's a savings of ~$1400.

This is why you want to do the Straighterline/Study.com combo...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yeah, any TECEP exam. You have to enroll in advance so there is some waiting.

I thought I read that failing the exam is ok. But there are some easy ones, so why not get credits? Smile

bjcheung77 Wrote:Since you've applied to TESU, you don't need to enroll in anything. You have roughly 6 months before you need to.
My suggestion is to finish your SL courses first (all of them), transfer those credits to TESU.
Take your Study.com courses and call TESU to get the "partnership pricing", finish the Study.com courses
Take the final capstone course at TESU and you're done with the degree!

I personally would not do this. 6 months could EASILY go by without you even realizing it, and then you'd be back to square 1 or worse, they could change the requirements on you.

I say take a TECEP sooner rather than later, and change to the Study.com affiliate membership while you're at it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 9 951 02-05-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 219 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 399 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 594 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 435 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,102 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 542 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Fewer high schoolers want college, enrollment continues to slide bjcheung77 6 681 05-28-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,106 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,988 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az