Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethics In America
Dantes or Clep?

I have personally never taken a Clep test so I have no clue what to expect. I have been reading over post on here that state that the Ethics in America test are easy. I know there are pros and cons to taking Dantes(and Clep to). If I were going to take a Clep on anything, what test do you all feel would be a better one to take with a clep than a Dantes?
50fingersntoes Wrote:Dantes or Clep?

I have personally never taken a Clep test so I have no clue what to expect. I have been reading over post on here that state that the Ethics in America test are easy. I know there are pros and cons to taking Dantes(and Clep to). If I were going to take a Clep on anything, what test do you all feel would be a better one to take with a clep than a Dantes?

I got my highest score on this test (it is a Dantes test) at 76. I thought it was fairly intuitive, but that could be due to a variety of factors. Background, personal study, etc. A test that's easy for one guy may be impossible for

Anyway, it's a Dantes. The main disadvantage Dantes currently has is the time required before you're notified of your results (2-4 weeks). Otherwise, I think they're about the same as CLEPs.
I'm an engineer. Go figure.
50fingersntoes Wrote:Dantes or Clep?

50fingersntoes,

There is no CLEP Ethics exam. It's either DANTES Ethics in America (Lower Level), or Excelsior Ethics: Theory & Practise (Upper Level).

You have nothing to fear from either DANTES or CLEP exams. Some are easier than others, and you'll already know which is which if you have read through this board.

The only significant difference between CLEP and DANTES is that CLEPs are computer-based, timed and scored immediately; DANTES are paper-based, untimed, and scores are sent in the mail (2-4 weeks).

I suggest you take one of the 'easier' CLEP exams just to get your feet wet. That way, you will be experienced before you tackle some of the more difficult ones.

DANTES Ethics in America is very doable. CLEP Sociology is one of the most obvious choices to take first. Instantcert is enough to pass both of these exams.

Study hard, and you will do fine no matter which exams you take!

Good luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
You will find differing opinions with regards to simplicity amongst exams. I felt the easiest exam was the CLEP Info Systems and Computer Applications, followed by CLEP intro. Sociology. I'm not saying the Ethics exam difficult, scored 62, it just wasn't the easiest for me.

My only complaint with Dantes is waiting for the exam results. With CLEP it only takes a few mouse clicks for your results. Waiting three weeks for Dantes results is nerve racking.
[SIZE="1"]
Pass/Fail Record 15-1-done

Last 4 Exams
DSST Technical Writting (Nov 2006)
ECE English (Oct 2006)
DSST Public Speaking pending (Sep 2006)
DSST Principles of Statistics (Aug 2006)

Upcoming Exams
How to be like Gary...
[/SIZE]
fondue Wrote:Waiting three weeks for Dantes results is nerve racking.

Hell yeah!
hilarious

I think the perfect exam would be one that is UNTIMED, COMPUTER-BASED, and you get your score IMMEDIATELY.

They could call it a CLANTES, a DANTEP, or even just a DEP. Heck! They could call it AMENHOTEP THE THIRD, if it would mean getting instant results on an untimed, computer-based exam!

We can dream, can't we? Cool
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
fondue Wrote:I'm not saying the Ethics exam difficult, scored 62, it just wasn't the easiest for me.

I agree,

I felt that the DANTES Ethics in America exam was somewhere in the middle as far as difficulty. But that was the one that she specifically mentioned.

I think the easiest exams (for me) so far were:

CLEP Info Sys & Computer Apps
CLEP Sociology
CLEP Principles of Management
CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature

DANTES Principles of Supervision
DANTES Intro to Computing
DANTES Intro to Business

And of course: EXCELSIOR Information Literacy.
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A neuroscientist explains why stupidity is an existential threat to America bjcheung77 0 195 04-07-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Newsweek: America's Top Online Colleges 2024 Ares 6 566 02-14-2024, 06:48 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 656 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Education Is Now America’s Great Divide LevelUP 2 373 10-06-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Books that Shaped America Charles Fout 2 325 09-24-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 766 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  How America Pays For College Alpha 0 685 11-24-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  College For America Is Dead harrypotter 10 1,730 06-17-2021, 04:31 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) nomaduser 2 790 08-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  The Institutes Ethics Dowew 14 2,987 06-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az