Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethics in America
Im trying to study Ethics in America. I purchased the DSST kindle version on the recommended text and have been studying the flashcards on IC. Im a little concerned because I didnt know very much of the info on the flashcards. Has anyone taken this exam recently? How difficult is it? Are the flashcards on IC helpful at all? I test in 2 weeks and this is all that it between me and graduating. I would really appreciate any feedback.
I took this test today. The minimum score you need to pass is 400. I scored a 458.

You are not supposed to know the stuff on the flashcards when you begin IC. There were, however, a few questions I felt unprepared for since they were not covered in the IC flashcards. The test asked about Confuscious (not in flashcards), the Belmont Report, Tuskegee Experiments, Sartre, the Five Pillars of Islam, Amos the Jew's concerns, and Aquinus.

I only studied the flashcards for 3 days and passed, but I would not recommend this approach. Study the flashcards and find summaries on the above things that are not covered by the flashcards. Do that and you should do well.
I thought I'd be more specific about what I felt was not covered in the flashcards. I sent this list to IC, as well, so hopefully they will update to include these topics.

Sartre – what he believed about God/man’s place in the world
Amos – Jewish follower who was concerned about what among his people?
After killing Abel, Cain feared punishment by who?
Confucius – Values that most closely fall under “The Way”
Islam – what concept reduces social disorder and punishment?
Belmont Report – Medical Report of some kind that deals with ethics
Tuskegee Experiments – Discrimination based on…
Aquinas – Two questions on him regarding anatomy of man and his beliefs
Medical Research Ethics – Specific questions about performing research on the incompetent – what is the standard for allowing it?
What are Leopold’s beliefs on what humanity has done to the environment?
Who thought that a foreign national should never be deported for a crime to face punishment?
How many questions are on the Ethics DSST Exam? Are most or all multiple choice?
My exam had 93 multiple choice questions and an essay. The essay is not required for some schools, so you will want to check with your college first to see if you need to complete it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A neuroscientist explains why stupidity is an existential threat to America bjcheung77 0 195 04-07-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Newsweek: America's Top Online Colleges 2024 Ares 6 566 02-14-2024, 06:48 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 656 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Education Is Now America’s Great Divide LevelUP 2 372 10-06-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Books that Shaped America Charles Fout 2 325 09-24-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 766 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  How America Pays For College Alpha 0 685 11-24-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  College For America Is Dead harrypotter 10 1,730 06-17-2021, 04:31 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) nomaduser 2 790 08-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  The Institutes Ethics Dowew 14 2,987 06-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az