Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euroinnova - Official Master's Degree? Competency Based?
Hi everyone, I've seen a couple posts here referencing these spain based websites such as euroinnova which have some sort of partnership with universities which grant master's degrees after completing these self paced online courses. Initially they seemed very shady but the more I look into them the less shady they seem. The vast majority of what is offered seems to be what's called "titulo propio". After doing some research, it seems these don't carry the same weight as a "master titulo oficial".

I'm currently interested in a "master oficial" offered by Euroinnova in clinical nutrition. They claim that upon completion of their course, an official master's degree valid internationally working in the public sector as well as continued doctorate studies will be granted by the italian university called Università degli Studi eCampus. 
They say it wil be "level 2" masters but some a pdf file with a sample diploma shows it to be a "level 1" masters from italy.

This university seems to be legit and has Cristiano Ronaldo as their paid sponsor.  

I tried calling the italian university today to confirm the alleged partnership with euroinnova but they seemed oblivious and told me that someone would contact me. 

Can someone with some experience or better understanding of the ECTS, and these european business/university partnerships chime in with more information?

The reason I'm seeking this master's degree is to become eligible in my state here in the U.S. to be a licensed nutritionist which requires either a BS or MS in nutrition amongst other things. If the titulo propio would work for this I would just go with one of those but I am doubtful these have as good as a chance as the "oficial" one.
Finding the exact degree you were looking at was a pain. https://www.euroinnova.edu.es/master-ofi...ica-online

Aside from Euroinnova itself, I cannot find any mention of the two schools, in English, Spanish, or Italian, together on the same page. Except for one person who has both listed on her LinkedIn profile. That's not the best sign.

Also, the US evaluators tend to frown on degrees granted in country B even though the coursework was completed in country A. Even if this collaboration is 100% legitimate, there's a good chance that it won't evaluate properly for what you need.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • rbat2021
(05-25-2021, 08:22 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Finding the exact degree you were looking at was a pain. https://www.euroinnova.edu.es/master-ofi...ica-online

Aside from Euroinnova itself, I cannot find any mention of the two schools, in English, Spanish, or Italian, together on the same page. Except for one person who has both listed on her LinkedIn profile. That's not the best sign.

Also, the US evaluators tend to frown on degrees granted in country B even though the coursework was completed in country A. Even if this collaboration is 100% legitimate, there's a good chance that it won't evaluate properly for what you need.

Thank you so much for digging in to this. It's quite sad that despite the potential for such great options it's almost as if they put 0 effort into making it seem legitimate or trustworthy. 

It's good to know that US evaluators are not fond of these multi-country arrangement. Sadly, this is the only nutrition related master's carrying the "oficial" tag. I wonder if there any more. 

Do you know if the titulo propio would be worth anything here for US evaluators? Euroinnova has a titulo propio masters in clinical nutrition with a spanish university, Universidad Antonio de Nebrija. If that's worth something to US evaluators maybe I could try that.
Depending on which evaluator you go with, there is a chance of it coming in as anything from a graduate certificate to a US-Bachelor's-equivalent, to an unaccredited Master's degree. (Check out the various threads on ENEB for more information.) That one has a better chance of being recognized as legit, IMO, but it could cost you another thousand or so in evaluations to find the "right" one for your needs.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • rbat2021
(05-25-2021, 08:39 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Depending on which evaluator you go with, there is a chance of it coming in as anything from a graduate certificate to a US-Bachelor's-equivalent, to an unaccredited Master's degree. (Check out the various threads on ENEB for more information.) That one has a better chance of being recognized as legit, IMO, but it could cost you another thousand or so in evaluations to find the "right" one for your needs.

Thank you.  Since the spain based masters is a propio and not official they have it listed at nearly half the price, so I guess I'll have that buffer in difference for the added evaluation cost.
So does this mean one can go evaluator shopping per say, until one gets the highest possible evaluation?

Also, do you know if the state generally wants to select the evaluator themselves or if it's fine for me to show up with my one evaluator beforehand?
As far as I am aware, you can use as many evaluators as you like until you find a favorable one. It's just something that most people don't need to or want to do. As for which evaluator, it depends. You'll need to check your state requirements. Some want you to use WES specifically (which will most likely evaluate it as an unaccredited Master's degree) while others will allow you to choose any AICE/NACES member for your evaluation. https://www.internationalstudent.com/stu...a-service/
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Kal Di, rbat2021
In general, provided you don't pick a school with a bad reputation/one blacklisted by evaluators, a Master Propio will work out fine depending on your needs. Euroinnova isn't blacklisted anywhere as far as I know (I'm sure someone will come in and mention a place right after I post this, lol), so that's already a good sign.

The way I see it, after all of the discussions we've had we've pretty much worked out a system of what we find acceptable:

- If one is just looking for baseline legitimacy confirmation, the outcome of regionally accredited Bachelors (ECE) is okay.

- If one is looking for enough grad credits to teach or some to transfer to another Master's program, the outcome of regionally accredited Graduate Diploma (various) is okay.

- If one is looking to get into a Doctoral program that may allow grads from unaccredited schools to enroll (and they do exist), then the U.S. non-accredited Masters equivalent (WES) is okay.

- And of course, if you don't need an evaluation because your employer doesn't care, or you have no desire to transfer credits to another school or enroll into a Doctoral program, then the degree as-is will suffice.
[-] The following 3 users Like eLearner's post:
  • rachel83az, rbat2021, Vle045
(05-25-2021, 09:08 AM)eLearner Wrote: In general, provided you don't pick a school with a bad reputation/one blacklisted by evaluators, a Master Propio will work out fine depending on your needs. Euroinnova isn't blacklisted anywhere as far as I know (I'm sure someone will come in and mention a place right after I post this, lol), so that's already a good sign.

The way I see it, after all of the discussions we've had we've pretty much worked out a system of what we find acceptable:

- If one is just looking for baseline legitimacy confirmation, the outcome of regionally accredited Bachelors (ECE) is okay.

- If one is looking for enough grad credits to teach or some to transfer to another Master's program, the outcome of regionally accredited Graduate Diploma (various) is okay.

- If one is looking get into a Doctoral program that may allows grads from unaccredited schools to enroll (and they do exist), then the U.S. non-accredited Masters equivalent (WES) is okay.

- And of course, if you don't need an evaluation because your employer doesn't care, or you have no desire to transfer credits to another school or enroll into a Doctoral program, then the degree as-is will suffice.

It's good to know that Euroinnova is not blacklisted. Do you know anything about INESEM? They seem to be the same thing with different names based on my communication with them.

The italy university that partners with Euroinnova, Ecampus university, although legit had horrible reviews online. I wonder if this will lead to their official masters being disregarded.

On the other hand, despite the Nebrija University version being a titulo propio, this is a university of which one cannot find these critiques and it is well regarded/
If you're referring to Instituto Europeo de Estudios Empresariales, I don't know much about them but they aren't blacklisted anywhere that I know of. Their programs seem to be backed by major universities so that's always good when dealing with propios. Maybe even better that (at least with the Nebrija degrees) they're being issued only from the Universities themselves there based on what the images indicate. That might explain why the propios there are a little pricier than what's seen in most other places offering them, although they are still dirt cheap by U.S. standards.

As for eCampus U, a bad rep can hurt. I'm not aware of that rep, but if you've seen a lot of negatives that's something to consider. The Spanish market has a ton of low-cost options, so there is never a reason to go with one that doesn't have a good rep.

The sameness you noticed amongst propio programs is a reality. ISEB for instance is almost identical to ENEB and both work with Isabel I University for certification which is considered important in Spain, and I tend to believe it has a positive effect on U.S. evaluation outcomes so I would personally stick to programs that are certified by an accredited University (the word "accredited" is also often used in Spain to describe the certification arrangement between an accredited university and an unaccredited teaching school).
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • rbat2021
Are these programs actually offered in English?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,737 537,122 5 hours ago
Last Post: Thorne
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 5 153 04-18-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,100 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  LLB degree for Australia Atoshi 7 394 04-13-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Euroinnova Coupon Code? lincolnlawyer 4 331 04-02-2024, 03:10 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 193 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 607 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 589 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,655 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,814 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher