Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior BS in Cybersecurity Degree Plan
(07-16-2022, 08:11 PM)carrythenothing Wrote:
(07-16-2022, 08:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm also not sure why you're pushing SDC so hard.  I mean, I get that YOU like them.  But I'm not understanding why you're creating full degree plans using them as the main source, when plenty of people want to use other methods and would benefit from them.  If it's your preferred method, great - you should disclose that.

I'm also not sure why you're creating degree plans for a degree that cannot be gotten pretty easily at a school like EC?  It's just odd.  I like them as well as the next person, I recommend them all the time.  But I only recommend inexpensive degrees, not ones that will cost $10-$20k.  People need to know that there are better options out there for that particular degree.

It just seems odd to me that you're pushing one school and one course provider.  Again, I'm all for SDC (I've worked there for 4 years now and think they're fantastic), and I'm all for EC.  But I'm not for one course provider to the exclusion of all others, I'm not for one school to the exclusion of all others, and I'm definitely not for posting degree plans that are incorrect, and incredibly expensive at the particular school you're pushing.

It's all just very odd.

I'm pretty sure it's that they have a Study.com discount code, which is probably also why they use a URL shortener/tracker to link their degree plans.

I explain in my signature why I degree plan with Study.com. I used them to degree plan for 4 years with my 2 kids who earned their degrees at 16 and 20. The 20 year old did it in 14 months. Both time and money is valuable and for a lot of people that I have helped, they enjoy learning on Study and like that it's streamlined and that they can take 3/4th's or more of the degree in 1 place. I am also not an expert in all of the different classes on all of the other educational providers, so I offer what I know, which is about Study. This is why I post the degree plans. 

I also state in my signature that I have a discount code so I'm not hiding anything. Shortening the link for my degree plans doesn't do anything, it just looks nicer in my opinion. It's the code that is tracked and I'm completely transparent about it by placing it in my signature. I also know that a lot of people like to use a lot of different alternative providers which is great, no one is wrong, just different. There are a ton of alternative/cheap credits that people can use and plug them into the degree plan however they like. If the degree plan doesn't help someone they can keep scrolling as it is just my personal preference for earning cheap alternative credit and I'm sharing it as an option.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dragonwolf's post:
  • Titan_s
Thank you, dragonwolf. I am going to start my learning journey in Excelsior, and it's really valuable information for me.
Appreciate your time and guidance or sharing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Titan_s's post:
  • dragonwolf
(07-19-2022, 03:21 AM)Titan_s Wrote: Thank you, dragonwolf.  I am going to start my learning journey in Excelsior, and it's really valuable information for me.
Appreciate your time and guidance or sharing!

Thank you!! It's so exciting that you're about to start!! Good luck!!  Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Final UoPeople / University of the People Degree Plan TaraD2020 6 238 04-01-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Free Degree Planning Class & Degree Plans dragonwolf 8 2,399 03-27-2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Excelsior Bachelor of Science in Business dragonwolf 11 2,412 11-21-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts dragonwolf 10 2,423 10-23-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Excelsior B.S. In Liberal Arts browniebo 2 1,329 08-17-2022, 10:48 PM
Last Post: browniebo
  BS in Criminal Justice Degree Plan dragonwolf 8 1,725 07-18-2022, 06:13 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf
  WGU BS in Computer Science Degree Plan dragonwolf 5 1,631 06-23-2022, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BA in Psychology Degree Plan dragonwolf 9 1,963 06-09-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: StudiousTraveller
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan dragonwolf 2 1,772 05-29-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf
  Excelsior Bachelor of Science in Psychology dragonwolf 3 1,187 05-22-2022, 08:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore