Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits
Exclamation 
I need upper level credits in the Fine Arts (think Art History/Visual Arts/Design), and I am looking for suggestions.  Editing to add that I am fine will as many Art History classes as can suggested. I know most online art courses will be Art History and theory.

I am fine with any source: exams for credit, regular college course (online), self-paced, ect.  I would just like the cost to be as resonable as possible, and for any colleges to have easy registration (open registration/non-degree seeking registration). 

These are for transfer to Excelsior's Bachelor's of  Science in Liberal Arts, but feel free to make any suggestions.  I can work out with my advisor what will or won't transfer. (I know that Excelsior does not require fine arts specifically. This is to meet requirements for the graduate program I will be applying to. )

If it helps here are the Fine Arts Classes I have already taken.
Contemporary Arts
Art History 1
Art History 2
2D Design
Drawing 1
Hispanic Arts of the American Southwest
Handbuilt Clay
Photography 1
Graphic Design 1
Visual Communications
You could try Dine College in Arizona - they have upper level classes for $55 per credit - here is a link to their catalogs:
https://www.dinecollege.edu/admissions/course-catalog/

You can also try Genesis University ($60/credit) as Excelsior accepts NCCRS credits: https://www.nationalccrs.org/organizatio...y-formerly

Remembering the Jewish Temple (ART 325)
Arch of Titus and the Imagery of the Menorah (ART 335)
Jewish Art Education (ECE 350/ART 350)
Synagogue Art and Architecture (ART 450)
Creative Thinking and the Arts (ECE 335)
Jewish Folklore (HIS 457)
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
(03-17-2024, 03:19 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: You could try Dine College in Arizona - they have upper level classes for $55 per credit - here is a link to their catalogs:
https://www.dinecollege.edu/admissions/course-catalog/

You can also try Genesis University ($60/credit) as Excelsior accepts NCCRS credits: https://www.nationalccrs.org/organizatio...y-formerly

Remembering the Jewish Temple (ART 325)
Arch of Titus and the Imagery of the Menorah (ART 335)
Jewish Art Education (ECE 350/ART 350)
Synagogue Art and Architecture (ART 450)
Creative Thinking and the Arts (ECE 335)
Jewish Folklore (HIS 457)

Thank You! I'm looking at them both now.
I have 110 credits that I've sent transcripts for. Of those 110 only 6 credits are upper level so not all 110 will be able to count towards my degree. Assuming that all of them are transferable, will I have any say about which ones are counted?
The answer is "sort of" and "It really doesn't matter". All the transferred credits (110, if they accept them all) will appear on your transcript, plus whatever courses you add to finish the degree. I haven't seen an Excelsior transcript, but generally, a transcript doesn't specify which credits are actually being used towards the degree. It just lists all the credits and says you have earned the degree.

If they don't apply the credits the way you like, you can ask them to make a change. Usually, it's because you think a course should be equivalent to one thing, but they claim it isn't, although sometimes it can be because they've counted it in one category, but you'd rather use it in another and take a different course to fulfill that category.

If they say they can't or don't agree that a course fulfills a requirement you think it should, you can appeal a decision to the registrar, providing documentation that you think proves your case.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • rachel83az
@Robinred2404, Welcome to the board, I've merged your threads and the main thing that's missing is your academic evaluation. You need 30 Upper Level, but without knowing what you currently have, it's going to be hard to see what you can do to complete those requirements, as the Info Lit class would be lower level for 1 credit, but because you've transferred in over 60, the Cornerstone and Capstone will already take 6 Upper Level credits, if you add that to your current 6 credits, you now have 18 UL credits left!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-17-2024, 10:17 PM)davewill Wrote: The answer is "sort of" and "It really doesn't matter". All the transferred credits (110, if they accept them all) will appear on your transcript, plus whatever courses you add to finish the degree. I haven't seen an Excelsior transcript, but generally, a transcript doesn't specify which credits are actually being used towards the degree. It just lists all the credits and says you have earned the degree.

If they don't apply the credits the way you like, you can ask them to make a change. Usually, it's because you think a course should be equivalent to one thing, but they claim it isn't, although sometimes it can be because they've counted it in one category, but you'd rather use it in another and take a different course to fulfill that category.

If they say they can't or don't agree that a course fulfills a requirement you think it should, you can appeal a decision to the registrar, providing documentation that you think proves your case.
Thank you, after I posted this I realized it was a silly question   Big Grin  I need specific courses for the graduate program I am applying to, but of course I will send them all my transcripts,not just my transcript from Excelsior.  It was a brain fart moment.
(03-17-2024, 11:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Robinred2404, Welcome to the board, I've merged your threads and the main thing that's missing is your academic evaluation.  You need 30 Upper Level, but without knowing what you currently have, it's going to be hard to see what you can do to complete those requirements, as the Info Lit class would be lower level for 1 credit, but because you've transferred in over 60, the Cornerstone and Capstone will already take 6 Upper Level credits, if you add that to your current 6 credits, you now have 18 UL credits left!
Thank you! I'm waiting for my degree map and then I'll see if I have more questions.   Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Planning Advice For Research (Upper Level) Credit Dnightowl 5 648 03-29-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 1,035 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,780 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,840 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  BSLA recommendations Shogun 5 655 10-16-2023, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Shogun
Smile EU - BSLA nick00106 46 6,218 10-03-2023, 10:56 AM
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,457 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,339 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,385 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,200 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina