Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Question-Disciplines?
What is meant by "a single applied professional or arts & sciences discipline"?

Thanks!
It means learning in one branch of knowledge. Like for Excelsior's depth requirement, you could complete a depth in the history discipline by taking U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War and Reconstruction, and Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union, and you will have completed one depth in History, which is a single arts and science discipline. You can complete your depth in Humanities, math, science, whatever. That was just an example. Does that make sense? I hope that helps!
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
So it's basically how they break down the CLEP and DSST exams on their lists?

Humanities
Social Sciences/History
Natural Sciences/Mathematics
Applied Professional

Or is it broken down further?
texassprite Wrote:So it's basically how they break down the CLEP and DSST exams on their lists?

Humanities
Social Sciences/History
Natural Sciences/Mathematics
Applied Professional

Or is it broken down further?

Oops, I confused ya by listing out the exams for a history depth. Yep, it can be broken down further. That quote from your first post, "a single applied professional or arts and sciences discipline," refers to your major or your depth requirement. It just means you have to earn a certain number of credits in one field of study, one subject area, one branch of knowledge. Just the way you would do with a major--any major. Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Political Science, Underwater Basket Weaving, etc. Any discipline you could use as a major can be considered a single discipline of study. Which exams count depends on what you choose as your major or depth requirement. Hope this answers your question! Sorry if I confused you even more!
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
Thanks - I'm easily confused this week...it all makes sense now!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,394 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,620 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,719 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,960 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,969 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,796 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,801 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,135 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,858 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning