Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Accepted only 33 of 87 credits
Exclamation 
I applied to TESU, and I was accepted! ...But they only accepted 33 of my 87 previously-earned credits. (O.o)

I'm totally surprised by this. They didn't even accept basics like English Composition I (CLEP) and the English Composition II course from Study.com. Hopefully its just an honest mistake, because this is a *lot* that they're not accepting.
117/120 credits towards a BSBA General Management degree from TESU.
(07-31-2017, 08:58 AM)nerd Wrote: I applied to TESU, and I was accepted! ...But they only accepted 33 of my 87 previously-earned credits. (O.o)

I'm totally surprised by this. They didn't even accept basics like English Composition I (CLEP) and the English Composition II course from Study.com. Hopefully its just an honest mistake, because this is a *lot* that they're not accepting.

(07-31-2017, 08:58 AM)nerd Wrote: I applied to TESU, and I was accepted! ...But they only accepted 33 of my 87 previously-earned credits. (O.o)

Did they say why the Clep wasnt accepted?  ---did you already have a course that fit into the English Comp I slot? or is it empty on your eval? 

if it's empty then I suspect they're not actually done with the eval.
(07-31-2017, 09:14 AM)CM1999 Wrote:

Did they say why the Clep wasnt accepted?  ---did you already have a course that fit into the English Comp I slot? or is it empty on your eval? 

if it's empty then I suspect they're not actually done with the eval.

It's empty, but the evaluation was marked for this date. Huh.

How would you know if the evaluation has been completed?
117/120 credits towards a BSBA General Management degree from TESU.
Is the CLEP and such in your "Other credits" field, or is it not on there at all? Have you gotten an email saying the eval is done?

It sounds like they're still working on it. I know my eval looked very disappointing for a few hours before everything settled on the day it was done.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
This doesn't sound like a reason to panic. It sounds like they aren't finished with your evaluation yet. The date displayed is the date you accessed the eval. It doesn't mean it's complete. English Comp II was one of the last courses that TESU evaluated even though it was on a transcript along with other courses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jane_eyre11's post:
  • nerd
Are you talking about a Unofficial Credit Evaluation or the actual Evaluation? From what I hear the people who do Unofficial Evals lack some knowledge on CLEP and ACE stuff so I wouldn't worry unless you are talking about the "official" one.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Ouch!  Call them to ask? Might be an overlook?   If that is true they are getting worse..... Huh
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,999 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,664 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,742 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,360 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,605 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,336 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,393 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,869 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore