Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FEMA Upper Level Credits
Are any FEMA courses Upper Level? Thank You:o
It depends on the class. TESC assigns 100, 200 and 300 level depending. What are you using them for? Unless you are in the Homeland Security or Disaster Services degree path you will only be allowed to use them as free electives.

I'm attaching the list of FEMAs that TESC accepts and what class number they are given.

Attached Files
.doc   Less than 1 minute ago">FEMA INDEPENDENT STUDY COURSE.doc (Size: 75.5 KB / Downloads: 209)
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin
They are for Excelsior College. They really screwed up my status evaluation and now I need six more credits in Upper Level with them. I was going to take a DANTE exam monday but USPS lost all my study materials which was like 200.00. So everything seems to be getting screwed up, so I was just wondering if someone might know if I can take FEMA for upper level credit at Excelsior.
Excelsior only takes fema on a transcript from another RA college and so far I have only found two community colleges transcribing FEMA credits so they are considered lower level at Excelsior.
ducati00 Wrote:They are for Excelsior College. They really screwed up my status evaluation and now I need six more credits in Upper Level with them. I was going to take a DANTE exam monday but USPS lost all my study materials which was like 200.00. So everything seems to be getting screwed up, so I was just wondering if someone might know if I can take FEMA for upper level credit at Excelsior.

Just any upper level? I'm not sure if FEMA will be the fastest or cheapest way to go. You would have to take the classes, have them transcribed through another college and then transfer them to EC.
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin
If you need 6 credits upper level in applied professional credits , consider the UL Excelsior- Literacy Instruction in the Elementary School
ECE. I studied for less then a month and scored an A on this exam.
annegirl Wrote:It depends on the class. TESC assigns 100, 200 and 300 level depending. What are you using them for? Unless you are in the Homeland Security or Disaster Services degree path you will only be allowed to use them as free electives.

I'm attaching the list of FEMAs that TESC accepts and what class number they are given.

Quote:
.doc   Less than 1 minute ago">FEMA INDEPENDENT STUDY COURSE.doc (Size: 75.5 KB / Downloads: 32)

Does anyone know if this list of FEMA exams which TESC accepts is still up to date?

Thanks
peace123 Wrote:Excelsior only takes fema on a transcript from another RA college and so far I have only found two community colleges transcribing FEMA credits so they are considered lower level at Excelsior.

Ok I'm trying to understand. If I pay the $40 for a transcript from ACE will Excelsior take the Fema credits?
MiRaeDo2010 Wrote:Ok I'm trying to understand. If I pay the $40 for a transcript from ACE will Excelsior take the Fema credits?
I'm at TESC, so mine went straight there. I think though with excelsior you have to pay a certain amount per credit. That's why it ends up being pretty expensive. Try searhing FEMA. I knoe it's been said on here before.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]B.A. in Psychology from TESC in 9 months
My degree plan: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...elp-2.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,086 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,221 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,673 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,059 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,815 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Need one more BALS Upper Level badooble 12 3,060 07-28-2018, 08:22 AM
Last Post: quigongene
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,579 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,358 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,770 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Please Review My Credits & Help Me Choose a Degree Plan warriortaupou 4 1,410 05-17-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou