Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FEMA questions
Okay, have read through a lot of information, maybe too much. I am a little confused.

So far I have taken my dantes, clep test and have not applied to a college as of yet. Waiting until I am just about there and go through excelsier probably with in the year and get my degree and will be finished. So I have a few questions after I have read the information I have seen on this site...

1.) Do you have to apply to TESC to have your FEMA credit transfered through them? Do you only transfer those credits from TESC and pay the $250 for those or do you transfer all your credits from colleges, dantes and clep through them also? And excelsior does take these credits through TESC (say I am getting 10 of them)? Is there more involved in this whole process besides just the $250?

2.) Do any of these FEMA test cancel out other dantes or clep test? I don't want to take a dantes is one of the FEMA test are going to be issued the same credit.

3.) These credits do apply to the applied professional lower level credits? That is all I need for lower level and do not want to take something that I do not need, even know they sound extremely easy?

4.) Will these credits from FEMA test be good in a year if they do close up shop?

So, with all that in question, how exactly do you go about doing all of this? My brain is fried and the lack of sleep is catching up so I guess I need this all in "Intro to dummies" form.

Thanks in Advance!
Mom of 5 kids([COLOR="magenta"]11, 10, 7, 5, and 3) and when My kids grow up I want to be a Human Resource Manager!

12 classes left for my bachelors!! Smile
3 UL classes :confused:
9 LL classes Rolleyes

Have taken:

Here's To Your Health 54
Drug And Alcohol Abuse 51
Ethics In America 53
Introduction To Computing 48
[/COLOR]
50fingersntoes Wrote:Okay, have read through a lot of information, maybe too much. I am a little confused.

So far I have taken my dantes, clep test and have not applied to a college as of yet. Waiting until I am just about there and go through excelsier probably with in the year and get my degree and will be finished. So I have a few questions after I have read the information I have seen on this site...

1.) Do you have to apply to TESC to have your FEMA credit transfered through them? Do you only transfer those credits from TESC and pay the $250 for those or do you transfer all your credits from colleges, dantes and clep through them also? And excelsior does take these credits through TESC (say I am getting 10 of them)? Is there more involved in this whole process besides just the $250? Not sure on this one, how about you Snazz??

2.) Do any of these FEMA test cancel out other dantes or clep test? I don't want to take a dantes is one of the FEMA test are going to be issued the same credit. No, these do not appear to be in conflict with either clep or dantes credits already earned.

3.) These credits do apply to the applied professional lower level credits? That is all I need for lower level and do not want to take something that I do not need, even know they sound extremely easy? Sounds like it could do it for you....BUT you should ALWAYS confirm with your academic advisor first.

4.) Will these credits from FEMA test be good in a year if they do close up shop? Yes, and FEMA isn't going away.

Hoping this helps!
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
50fingersntoes Wrote:1.) Do you have to apply to TESC to have your FEMA credit transfered through them? Do you only transfer those credits from TESC and pay the $250 for those or do you transfer all your credits from colleges, dantes and clep through them also? And excelsior does take these credits through TESC (say I am getting 10 of them)? Is there more involved in this whole process besides just the $250?
You do not have to enroll with TESC. You just need to set up a credit bank account. As of July 17th, the cost is actually $380 (for up to 60 credits) unless you are military. You only need to use the credit bank for your FEMA credits. There is no reason to apply your CLEP/DANTES credits to the credit bank account. Excelsior DOES accept the credits (but you need to confirm with your own advisor...as always).

50fingersntoes Wrote:2.) Do any of these FEMA test cancel out other dantes or clep test? I don't want to take a dantes is one of the FEMA test are going to be issued the same credit.
Nope!

50fingersntoes Wrote:3.) These credits do apply to the applied professional lower level credits? That is all I need for lower level and do not want to take something that I do not need, even know they sound extremely easy?
Yes, they are all lower level Applied Professional. Confirm with your advisor.

50fingersntoes Wrote:4.) Will these credits from FEMA test be good in a year if they do close up shop?
Once you have them placed on an RA transcript, they will not expire under any circumstance.

50fingersntoes Wrote:So, with all that in question, how exactly do you go about doing all of this?
Using the various links on the other thread...

1) Pass the FEMA exams (FREE).
2) Set up a TESC Credit Bank Account ($350).
3) Have FEMA send your transcript to TESC, and request that TESC include the credits on your account.
4) Enroll at Excelsior.
5) When you send your other transcripts to Excelsior, send your TESC Credit Bank transcript at the same time.
6) Graduate!!!

No information is official until you have it in writing from your advisor!

But, to the best of my knowledge and based on the experience of others, this information is current and accurate.

Good luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 11 592 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 242 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 559 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 766 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,348 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 2,773 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 781 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  5 Questions to Answer When Creating a Positive Online Presence for College Acceptance LevelUP 0 433 03-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  HSE questions Celiics 9 1,341 10-31-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Celiics
  Questions about Davar Academy "Business class". qiaoyiren 11 1,835 04-02-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az