Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FREE 1-credit online Clackamas CC Intro To Library Research Course - RA and Graded!
I seem to be getting the runaround with registration. I filled out the form, nothing. I emailed their admissions email inquiring about the course and was told to schedule an advising appointment.

Anyone else have a similar experience or know how to get enrolled in this?
(08-11-2021, 12:40 PM)RiverM Wrote: I seem to be getting the runaround with registration. I filled out the form, nothing. I emailed their admissions email inquiring about the course and was told to schedule an advising appointment.

Anyone else have a similar experience or know how to get enrolled in this?

When I emailed them about taking the course, this was their response:

Hello,

We're glad to hear you plan on becoming a student at Clackamas Community College! The first step to getting started is to apply for admission, which you can do online here: http://www.clackamas.edu/apply/.

If you have any questions about the process, feel free to give us a call at (503) 594-6100.

Have a great day!

Enrollment Services
Clackamas Community College
Academic Foundations & Connections
19600 Molalla Ave, Oregon City, OR 97045
503-594-6074 • registrationatclackamas.edu

A few days later, I emailed about the status of my application, and got this response:

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I see that we have received your application for admission, and would like to ask for your help to confirm some important details to help us move forward with accepting your application. Please email back at your earliest convenience to confirm your:

Date of birth (month/day/year)
Email address (your application email address differs from the one that this message is from, we want to make sure we have the correct one to reach you!)
Mailing address
The type of courses/program you are interested in at Clackamas Community College

Thank you so much for helping us confirm this information. If I can help with any other questions in the meantime about getting started at CCC, please also let me know!

Take care,

Ariane Rakich
Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator
She/Her/Hers
Clackamas Community College
Admissions and Recruitment/Admissions Center
welcomeatclackamas.edu

I responded with the info they requested, and later that same day, I got this email:

Congratulations!

You have been accepted to Clackamas Community College (CCC).

We are excited to welcome you into the CCC family and support you in accomplishing your academic, personal, and career goals.

There are two key online tools to help you as a new student:

Navigate is a to-do list that will guide you through your steps to get started at CCC.
myClackamas is the student portal where you’ll access Navigate, student email, financial aid information, class registration, and more. Please bookmark this site! It’s also on the CCC home page.

Your Student Information (keep and save):
ID number: 
Email:
Password:
Your Next Steps
Log into Navigate: Please note it may take an hour for us to activate your Navigate account after receiving this email.
Determine your math and writing placement: Complete your PASS Intake Survey and a PASS placement advisor will reach out to you to schedule a video/phone conference.
We are here to help! If you have any questions, email welcome@clackamas.edu or call 503-594-3284 or visit our Getting Started page for more information.

Welcome to CCC!

Chris Sweet
CCC Registrar

I logged in to my student account, and enrolled in the course.  The whole process took less than a week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • Pikachu
I was able to get registered too. Everything seemed easy and took just a couple days. The actual class for this first session was full, so I was directed to sign up for the "103" section which starts about a month later.

Also, while poking around, I noticed two interesting courses.

I wonder what you all think about them: HD-145 Stress Management and HD-154 Building Self Confidence. Each of these is 1 Credit Hour, but for only $10 ea. So it looks to me like a person could get 3 (graded) RA credit hours for $20. Am I missing something? Or would these likely not count/transfer later on? Better to just skip them?
[-] The following 3 users Like RedBeardVII's post:
  • MNomadic, Pikachu, rachel83az
(09-28-2021, 11:57 PM)RedBeardVII Wrote: I was able to get registered too. Everything seemed easy and took just a couple days. The actual class for this first session was full, so I was directed to sign up for the "103" section which starts about a month later.

I wonder what you all think about them: HD-145 Stress Management and HD-154 Building Self Confidence. Each of these is 1 Credit Hour, but for only $10 ea. So it looks to me like a person could get 3 (graded) RA credit hours for $20. Am I missing something? Or would these likely not count/transfer later on? Better to just skip them?
Looks like you found a cheap way to get more RA free electives. Good job!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
@RedBeardVII: Where do you get the $10 from? I can find the course, but not the cost anywhere.  Do you have a link?
For those reading, here's a list of courses for Human Development/Career Planning: https://catalog.clackamas.edu/course-descriptions/hd/
I wonder what the tuition costs are for these Human Development/Family Services: https://catalog.clackamas.edu/course-descriptions/hdf/

What is interesting is that, there are a few courses here that can be from 1-3, 1-6 credits and can be used as free electives.  I just don't see a cost anywhere on their site in regards to each of these courses.  If you can "repeat" the course a few times for some of these "service" courses, you can get 6 credits.  Many youngsters will pay the $30-$60 for 3-6 elective credits, as you can add it to your resume for "work experience/volunteering".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Oulton1, Pikachu
I'm on the wait list for that section starting in mid October. Should have signed up earlier...
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
RE: Where do you get the $10 from? I can find the course, but not the cost anywhere.  Do you have a link?
-----------------------

I found it in the Class Schedule, near the top underneath "SCHEDULE OF CLASSES" is a link to the Fall 2021 Schedule of Classes, see page 29. I will try to attach a screen-shot and also paste the link below. Cheers!

https://www.clackamas.edu/academics/cour...of-classes

pic here, those classes are near the bottom. . .

Attached Files
.png   Clackamas_page-2021-09-29-a.png (Size: 84.06 KB / Downloads: 49)
[-] The following 2 users Like RedBeardVII's post:
  • jch, rachel83az
(09-28-2021, 11:57 PM)RedBeardVII Wrote: I was able to get registered too. Everything seemed easy and took just a couple days. The actual class for this first session was full, so I was directed to sign up for the "103" section which starts about a month later.

Totally worth it if you need/want Free Electives for sure.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Clackamas is offering LIB-101 Intro to library research for free again in the Winter term, which begins in January. There are still seats available in a few of the sections. I'm in the one that starts in mid-January.
I also registered for WR-128 Intro to APA Style/Documentation. I want to get more comfortable with APA formatting in advance of my capstones and master's courses. This course is just $19 at Clackamas, but I was required to pay the $30.00 per semester student service fee, which brought my total to $49. Still not bad for an RA credit that I want. This course requires prior completion of English composition, but academic advising waived that prerequisite when I explained that I'm a visiting student and already satisfied that on my attached TESU transcript. There are five slots left in that course.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 4 users Like jch's post:
  • Oulton1, rachel83az, SteveFoerster, uncapentin
(12-20-2021, 05:19 PM)jch Wrote: Clackamas is offering LIB-101 Intro to library research for free again in the Winter term, which begins in January. There are still seats available in a few of the sections. I'm in the one that starts in mid-January.
I also registered for WR-128 Intro to APA Style/Documentation. I want to get more comfortable with APA formatting in advance of my capstones and master's courses. This course is just $19 at Clackamas, but I was required to pay the $30.00 per semester student service fee, which brought my total to $49. Still not bad for an RA credit that I want. This course requires prior completion of English composition, but academic advising waived that prerequisite when I explained that I'm a visiting student and already satisfied that on my attached TESU transcript. There are five slots left in that course.

If you're a visiting student, do you still have to send transcripts and such when applying ? The website is glitching for me today.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 2 147 04-19-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 20 4,188 04-19-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 3,017 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,239 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,557 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 683 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,824 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,138 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,871 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,256 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM